Back to High Level Biocontainment for Healthcare Facilities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for High Level Biocontainment for Healthcare Facilities by University of Nebraska

The goal of this 4-week course is to equip learners to safely care for a patient infected with a pathogen requiring high-level biocontainment. This can be accomplished in any healthcare facility given the correct approach and protocols. Please copy and paste the following link into a new tab/browser to view the video overview of our course. http://bit.ly/2bPZ6Cz In this course, we will: 1. Discuss the essentials of intake screening. 2. Investigate pathogen transmission characteristics and the chain of infection. 3. Examine patient placement in a facility, as well as the engineering/ administrative controls. 4. Review personal protective equipment worn by the care providers. 5. Evaluate waste management and decontamination protocols. We look forward to exploring and learning with you! Dr. Medcalf and University of Nebraska Medical Center Team This project was funded by the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health...

DA
May 26, 2017

Great course, with so many consideration I hadn't even thought of. It is clearly evident why the University of Nebraska is one of our premier sites for Ebola care. Highly recommended!

RC
Nov 26, 2020

A fantastic informative and educational course that I would recommend to anyone interested in public health. The videos were excellent and the lecturers were brilliant.

1 - 25 of 26 Reviews for High Level Biocontainment for Healthcare Facilities

By Mohammed Y

Mar 7, 2019

Amazing course. It gives confidence to handle if any outbreak happens

By Winston A W

Jun 10, 2020

Excellent, thank you.

By Jason H

Apr 9, 2020

very informative.

By NIKI Z

Nov 17, 2020

Thank you very much for the opportunity you to attend free this course! I was impressed by the the very high level of provided, robust scientific resources and material. I took vulnerable key messages from my confort of my house, in Greece, far away..... from Nebraska. The lessons learned would be useful not only for my job as a simple nurse, but also for my family, as a mother of three small children. I realised better how important is the the application of simple prevention tools that have in our hands, every person enganged in healthcare setting and in the community.I realized that prevention and inter facility colaboration are the keys in order to mitigate the risks for everyone's health, with the minimune cost and maximium effectiveness.Thank you very much.Congradulations for your course.Kind regards.

By mr

Jun 15, 2020

This course was clear. It did a very good job of showing many important details of how to set up a biocontainment unit. For example helpful to talk about what can go in the sewer and what cannot. How to think about waste management. Proper use of PPE. A good survey with nice short videos that allow you to think about on item at a time.

By Laura C G

Dec 7, 2019

I completed this course in conjunction with the free CME courses through the NETEC (National Ebola Training and Education Center). Completing both courses greatly enhanced my understanding and ability to train and prepare my team and facility to manage patients under investigation or confirmed infection with high concern pathogens.

By Ugly D

May 27, 2017

By Redvers F C

Nov 27, 2020

By Sperez

Very enjoyable course - the examples were pertinent and instructive especially given the Ebola experience - this organization set the standard!

By Insha F

Aug 29, 2020

very useful for the basic knowledge of PPE donning and doffing and how to work in the high contaminated unit.

By Mohammad M O R

Nov 10, 2020

High Level Biocontainment for Healthcare Facilities is very informatic and wonderful course

By AISHA H Y A

Jul 16, 2020

Informative. Easy language. Interesting. Thanks for evey one participated in the lectures.

By Lam N H

Dec 1, 2020

Very informative in the spread of nCoV.

By Marta R R

Nov 11, 2020

I learnt a lot with this course!

By Ms. A M F

Oct 17, 2018

excellent.

By ZABU K

Oct 26, 2020

I really enjoyed studying the module as it allows me to read quite some important articles curated by the lecturers of this module. I would appreciate more if the quiz sessions would have more questions in the future as I find it not very challenging. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to understand how UNMC was a prominent facility in handling the ebola outbreak in the states.

By Augustine M

Jun 13, 2017

This course increased my understanding and awareness on the level of team work and professionalism required for the containment of highly infectious diseases during an outbreak. I highly appreciate the Nebraska team for their costly sacrifice in containing the Ebola disease and for sharing their experiences.

By Heliana P

Nov 3, 2020

In general it was really great that experts shared real life examples and pretty much most of things were clear. Some brief notes on the course to wrap up the key points would really help for future use. And it would be great if some things were a bit clarified.

By Preeti G

May 4, 2020

an excellent course! all concepts have been explained with clarity and expertise.Also, highly recommended for the non health care providers ,so that they are also made aware of the challenges faced in biocontainment.

By Maria C F L

Aug 18, 2020

Very nice course. Not a series of straight video lectures on theory but is actually a sharing of what is actually being practiced in this large facility. Necessary in this Covid pandemic times.

By Janelle S

Jan 11, 2018

Very interesting, practical, and thorough. Would like a brief overview of what care was actually provided and how long care providers stayed in the room at any one time.

By Chris J

Dec 28, 2017

Excellent course with a very practical perspective, and faculty who speak from experience.

By Md S H

Jun 20, 2020

really enjoyed the course. want more courses in this area. Thank you