Back to Blockchain Basics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Blockchain Basics by University at Buffalo

This first course of the Blockchain specialization provides a broad overview of the essential concepts of blockchain technology – by initially exploring the Bitcoin protocol followed by the Ethereum protocol – to lay the foundation necessary for developing applications and programming. You will be equipped with the knowledge needed to create nodes on your personal Ethereum blockchain, create accounts, unlock accounts, mine, transact, transfer Ethers, and check balances. You will learn about the decentralized peer-to-peer network, an immutable distributed ledger and the trust model that defines a blockchain. This course enables you to explain basic components of a blockchain (transaction, block, block header, and the chain) its operations (verification, validation, and consensus model) underlying algorithms, and essentials of trust (hard fork and soft fork). Content includes the hashing and cryptography foundations indispensable to blockchain programming, which is the focus of two subsequent specialization courses, Smart Contracts and Decentralized Applications (Dapps). You will work on a virtual machine image, specifically created for this course, to build an Ethereum test chain and operate on the chain. This hands-on activity will help you understand the workings of a blockchain, its transactions, blocks and mining. Main concepts are delivered through videos, demos and hands-on exercises....

TT
Nov 18, 2018

This is an introductory course to Blockchain. The supplemented material (in other words self-study) is excellent and in my opinion is the only way to master the concepts and details of this discipline

Jul 27, 2018

I find this course helpful to absolute beginner and for one who wants to grasp the basic concepts of Blockchain . The tutor tried to explain most part with simplicity and good and sufficient details.

201 - 225 of 1,144 Reviews for Blockchain Basics

By Harsh J

Jun 13, 2020

This course gives the knowledge about blockchain ,how it functions and how it works .What are the requirements to run the Ethereum.

By Abilash

Sep 29, 2019

I Cannot able to complete my project,for my facilities could not able done my project,of course i learnt a lot thank you Coursera.

By ANAND R

Jan 29, 2019

Very Good. Programming Assignment is very easy. Please follow the comments and pinned post details. Everybody will get through it.

By Anima

This is an amazing course for the one who is really interested in exploring Blockchain.Really nice to get started with blockchain

By María J G O

Jan 17, 2019

It´s a great start if you want to understand the basics of Blockchain technology; it´s a MUST if you are insterested in the topic

By Shreya S

This has been an amazing adventure. I always get bored easily but this course never left my mind! Kuddos for the great job done!

By Mohit M

May 1, 2020

It was really a wonderful course providing the reading material which i think was the must and looking forward to another course

By Trupti D N

Feb 9, 2019

The hands on part is too good. I definitely got a feel how blockchain looks. This is one of the good course I have taken up here

By Aditya P

Jul 1, 2020

Nice course and easily understandable. You will gain knowledge of basics of blockchain. How blockchain works? and many more....

By Pankaj K

Very straight forward course and provides good content in videos as well as good resources are provided along with all lessons.

By Ms. B D

Sep 14, 2020

Very Nicely design. But yet I am not get certificate of this course. Instead of giving final project it's showing marks 0/100.

By Vaseekaran V

May 23, 2020

A great course, to learn about the fundamentals of blockchain. Really loved it, and I would try to finish the specialization.

By Vikas S

Oct 11, 2018

A wonderful course on Blockchain. Slowly steadily building the basics of Blockchain with very informative reading and videos.

By Kshitiz R M

Jul 6, 2018

High level overview of blockchain as well as simplification of some complex programming concepts all packed in single course.

By MADHAV V

TRIED FOR LONG TIME AS I WAS NOT HAVING SYSTEM WITH 4GB RAM. TODAY I BORROWED SYSTEM FROM MY FRIEND AND SUBMITTED ASSIGNMENT

By Andrei I S

Aug 19, 2018

Very good course. I'm really happy I've joined. A good in depth of blockchain basics. Valuable content. Thank you very much.

By Thomas G

Aug 12, 2020

The instructor understands the subject matter. The research links are so rich for learning. I am into blockchain for good!

By Melvin T

Aug 4, 2020

It was an amazing course offered by Coursera, this platform really helped me get the true nature of blockchain activities.

By Sabtain A

May 8, 2020

Love To learn basic block chain. I learn basic concept of block chain now Looking forward to build my career in this field

By Ashutosh P

Sep 22, 2019

This course helped me understand the concepts of Blockchain so interactively which I couldn't have got from anywhere else!

By Shrihari S

Jan 22, 2019

Covered the content from the very basic level in a very good manner. Simplicity and ease of understanding was at its best.

By Punnoose K T

Apr 17, 2020

Sweet Course. Just the right speed and just the right amount of content. Thank you Ma'am for your wonderful presentation.

By Santiago D B

Nov 25, 2020

Great introduction to Blockchain, especially if you are familiar with cryptography and hashing algorithms in particular

By Raj D

May 2, 2020

The content was sufficient for basics level and was explained nicely. The last assignment was interactive and exciting.

By Rahmat I H

Jul 6, 2020

the materials is well delivered and the practitioner's perspective is very helpful to get an idea from industry side