Back to Blockchain Platforms

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Blockchain Platforms by University at Buffalo

This fourth course of the Blockchain specialization provides learners with an understanding of the broader blockchain ecosystem. Learners are introduced to other blockchain platforms, details of two decentralized application use cases, and challenges such as privacy and scalability. They are prepared to discuss permissioned blockchain architectures of Hyperledger and Microsoft Azure's blockchain as a service model and analyze the Augur and Grid+ decentralized application platforms. Course material includes emerging alternative decentralization models such as IPFS and Hashgraph, challenges in broader blockchain adoption, and continuous improvement solutions....

ST
May 23, 2021

Simply superb. I haven't found this much detailed account of Blockchain Platforms or Blockchain anywhere else on Coursera. Not even in the courses from some of the leading universities of the world.

MP
May 6, 2020

With effective and efficiently covered important platforms. I got sufficient knowledge to explore platforms in deep. Big thanks to Buffalo University and Coursera for this specialization course.

1 - 25 of 145 Reviews for Blockchain Platforms

By Sungyoon K

Dec 29, 2019

Definitely, I have to say it must to be updated. Used softwares are so old, many of source links are broken, so then I struggled and spent much time to figure out and fix the incompatibility myself during the course.

Its difficulty is set to intermediate though, contents are so basic. You can't use the skills in real world right after this course. But,

Despite all of these shortcomings, the reason why I gave this course 5 stars, if you are really on the first step to blockchain world without any knowledge, you will learn all of the basic concepts of blockchain in this course. Be patient. After complete this course, you can understand almost all of the articles and words of blockchain.

Obviously, this lecture doesn't make you an expert but, it makes you prepared one to dive into blockchain world.

PS. Though I have poor English skills, there is no difficult to understand all of your words. Thank you.

By Ashwin S

Sep 7, 2018

Thanks Bina for a great introduction to Blockchain technology. I liked the way the course is structured, moving from more heard-of concepts and terminology to relatively advanced concepts. The course has definitely provided me with information to explore this technology further!

By Obinna E

Apr 26, 2020

Excellent beginners overview of Blockchain with a hands-on project on IPFS, which makes you understand the underlying ideas behind the technology.

By Luis G L G

Nov 11, 2018

Excellent course. This course open your mind to de blockchain universe and how it can be applied to solve problems

By Najmus s k

May 13, 2021

I always wish to find such a platform, where i can test my skills.

And i am surprise to know coursera has all the functionalities and courses i was looking for.

i really enjoyed synchronizing my knowledge with a professional certification.

By Ramon P T S

Oct 10, 2020

Excellent hands-on course. What was problematic though was that some of the links are outdated and required some Googling.

That made it possible for me though to appreciate the dynamic nature of this domain.

By Martin K P

May 7, 2020

By Lakshmi R R M

Mar 6, 2019

I think the course was very well planned. The videos were short and crisp. I also liked the additional reading material suggested which greatly helped understanding the detailed concepts.

By Rajan

Dec 12, 2018

Learnt about IPFS and Hashgraphs . The exercise on IPFS was exciting

By Ganesh H

May 17, 2019

Well structured course. Enjoyed learning!

By Arun K D

Aug 12, 2018

Excellent Course. Love this one.

By Pranav P

Oct 15, 2018

Excellent Course

By Alexei G

Dec 22, 2018

Course is nicely organized and gives good overview of blockchain related technologies. However the world of blockchain is evolving very quickly so many part has to be updated at least every year (e.g. IPFS). From other side there are technologies that create some hype, but won't last long or won't have long lasting impact, thus it seems doubtful to include these topic in the course. Overall I enjoyed the course and can recommend it to quickly get into the field.

By Martin J K

Aug 7, 2018

A lot of material got cramped into Week 4. A more balance work load would be better.

The course would benefit from more (animated) visualisations on the Hashgraph rather than speech only. Also, please add an exercise involving Hashgraph.

By Ik K

Dec 9, 2018

This is a great course to get the high-level understanding about blockchain platforms.

I wish if there are more hands-on assignments.

By Erix S

Nov 19, 2018

useful, but can have more in-depth knowledge

By Sharmila S

Jul 23, 2020

The curse has to be updated. The instructor starts the demo without much introduction to what she is doing and whether she is using the vm or in the windows. Question #9 on week 4 quiz seems wrong. I noticed that so many students have complained about it and still there is an issue. Coursera should take responsibility to update these errors.

By Забабурин С В

Nov 2, 2019

Я закончил курс немного позднее.Но хотелось бы ещё раз поблагодарить за предоставленную возможность пройти его бесплатно. Это много для меня значило.Прошёл курс позднее потому что за это время на платформе waves я написал dapp аукцион.начал изучать ton блокчейнНачал изучать Wasm wasiНаписал игру монополия для которой скоро смарт контракт буду писать.Собрал веб компоненты. Для того что бы всё, что я вам описывал в следующем году уже реализовать.Моя тестовая страничка: )https://web3-monopoly.web.app/

By Alicia

Aug 15, 2018

Thank you very much.

It is my first time to learn this lesson. And it is very important for me to open my eye and get know the advanced technologies. In the future, i will take more time and effort to practice again and again.(Actually, i still cannot open my ipfs files and run it successfully.)

By SHAGUN S L

It was an amazing course! I thank prof. Bina Rammurthy ma'am for her efforts that she put to explain these topics in a very simple easy manner to understand. I have gained a very good knowledge from each of the course. Thank you so much ma'am.

By Sujith T

May 24, 2021

By Mudasir H

Aug 3, 2019

I am very very very Thankful to Buffalo Uni , I learned a lot . I completed whole specialization . Its Outstanding course. I recommend this course to all who want to learn Blockchain.

By Massimiliano U C

Sep 25, 2020

Fantastic course, with some roughness when it comes to projects, but otherwise full of contents and clearly developed, really appreciated it. Thank You