Back to Brand New Brand

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand New Brand by California Institute of the Arts

This course is the culmination of the Graphic Design Specialization and gives you an opportunity to tie together your knowledge and skills into a single project: a brand development guide for a company you will invent. This course takes you through the entire design process, from ideation to creation to presentation. Through the guide, you will be creating and giving a visual identity to an imaginary start-up company, and applying that visual identity to a number of forms. You will also develop a logotype and accompanying graphic palette to visually represent your company, as well as apply that design to a number of different applications to see it at work. Note: Only learners who have earned a certificate in the four previous courses in the Specialization are eligible to take the Capstone....

Y
Jan 14, 2021

This is indeed a very important course, long awaited! Justified all expectations, competently presented all the necessary information. Lots of hours of practice is great! Very happy with the course!

JL
Feb 23, 2017

It was great in terms of working on closer to a long-term project and even learning what a branding guide is. Plus it added to my portfolio and I got a lot more working experience with my programs.

26 - 50 of 233 Reviews for Brand New Brand

By Mary C

Nov 9, 2020

This class was fantastic and after completing the previous courses in the Graphic Design Specialization through Cal Arts, Brand New Brand brought all the elements together. Michael Worthington is a great teacher, makes things very easy to understand but also challenges you to think in new ways! While this was a demanding class, I learned a great deal!

By Renee T

Jun 12, 2018

The course has an excellent project that will let students apply previous courses' lessons, hands-on and creative. I find the break down of the guides, pointers, and lessons in the videos are very helpful in figuring out what to do with my own project. The final output can also be a great addition to a design portfolio. Thank you for this course.

By Hasnat A H

Sep 28, 2020

This course provided me with an opportunity to work on developing a brand. Step by step, the components of a brand were added and a vibe of the aesthetics of the brand came out visually. Michael Worthington guided very well to implement a long yet exciting project that expressed all the learning of the past courses of this specialization.

By Georgina P

Sep 4, 2017

Im almost finishing the course andI think is such a cool oportunity to put into work all the things thatI learnt trhough the 4 courses. It gives you the chance to go to the next level and start thinking about design as a cohesive way because you are creating the identity of a brand. Very challenging and well explained, totally recomended.

By Shivansh S

Sep 6, 2019

It has been such an informative and intuitive course. I am so thankful to our Professor for making us understand the importance of Graphic Design throughout this Specialisation and then to actually Develop a Brand through this course. These 6 weeks were amazing and hopefully I was able to experiment a lot with Graphics and ideas.

By Holly H

Jun 27, 2018

I really enjoyed how practical this capstone was, and I thought that the videos alongside the optional peer reviews were very helpful to get to the finished result. I thoroughly enjoyed it and believe that it helped me to gain more knowledge for creating a Brand Development process and the documentation to go alongside that.

By Teri L

Aug 26, 2018

A really nice way to wrap up this specialisation - by showcasing just about everything you've learnt throughout the other four courses. Everything is easy to follow, as well as understand. It shows the step-by-step process to achieving something amazing at the end - with some options for your own ideas and additions :)

By Ahmed M A

Oct 30, 2018

hi guys , i recommend this course to everyone he want to discover his ability in graphic design

there is a lot of challenge,practice and more fun in this course, that help you to know more than your expect about visual thinking

when you see your brand in finally, you will feel be more confidence about yourself

By Leo P

May 9, 2020

Michael is not only a subject matter expert who knows what he's doing, he's also an engaging and detail-oriented lecturer. From taking this course, I am reminded of the fact that teachers often make or break your learning experience. In this case it was all positive with Michael for this capstone class.

By Jill S

Aug 8, 2017

Overall I really enjoyed these courses for the Graphic Design Specialization. My only recommendation or thought is that I wish that it wasn't just peer reviewed whenever we submitted a project, but that we would also get feedback from the teacher as well. Other than that, great classes and informative.

By Ashima T

Nov 26, 2020

I loved working on this course specially the final project. Thank you for providing such content & learning platform to the aspirants world wide. The best aspect about this course is that anyone from any stream who is interested in graphic design specialization can take it up with lot of ease.

By Martin S

Aug 14, 2017

Its a great course. This is something that we can carry as a project portfolio. It gives us more nuggets of a growing brightest side of of Graphic designing. Brands are good but to make it great it takes big part of a graphic designer how the way they think and put things together.

By EDELVIRA S

Apr 11, 2020

It is an excellent course to develop and complete the entire brand process. I really enjoyed it and learned from all the courses and the process was very rewarding. I am grateful to the teachers who guided and the students who gave me feedback. Gratitude for taking this course.

By namrata

Dec 19, 2019

Brand new brand is wonderful & really loved by exchanging with other peers checking. The mentors were helpful too. Thanks for giving me this opportunity for completing my Course of Graphic design specialization course as a whole. Wish you Happy New Year in advance !!!

By Sahara Z F

Sep 26, 2020

An excellent conclusion to a magnificent set of courses! The courses were easy to follow and fun. I had a great time learning the fundamentals of graphic design and applying them! If you want to get started with your graphic design career this is a good place to start!

By Tyrus V

May 8, 2020

It was a great opportunity to immerse in the world of design and creativity. To combine technical parts of the process of creation the brand and abstractive, to learn how to understand and feel your brand better through associations and best practices. It was great!

By Pramod G

Aug 17, 2020

It is a pear reviewed course in which all are in the process of learning. Some component of grading may be kept with CalArts or at least an opinion may be provided by CalArts faculty on the final assignment. It will help the participants to improve on their works.

By Natalka B

I loved this course. It has taken everything you learn from all the previous courses and puts it all together. It was a great way to see how all the component work together in a final project. I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in Graphic Design.

By Fred R

Oct 31, 2017

The previous courses in the serie were excellent, but this one is still better. Step by step, it teaches us to deploy a brand, in a logical progression of the creative questions. The approach teached here opened my mind to a new universe. No. I'm not exagerating !

By Tianyi L

Jul 3, 2020

A really nice experience of developing a brand! I finished the project in two days and peers offered feedback very efficiently in a very constructive and supportive tone. Week 3 and Week 4 have a lot of work to do but definitely are worth investing effort in!

By Ellie R

Oct 18, 2018

Highly useful in translating what the student has learned in the previous four courses into a project that can be showcased for portfolio purposes. The peer review part is always really helpful in shaping the look and feel presented as the final assignment.

By Sonja S

Mar 24, 2021

The course itself (the materials, the way it's designed etc.) is great. But the one big problem is the peer review system – very, very seldom someone actually writes /critiques something; mostly it's just a "good job" or similar, which is not very helpful.

By Louise O

Jul 23, 2020

I have loved the whole experience! After learning all of the basics and experimenting within the other elements of this specialism, I enjoyed being able to use all of the them in a big project. It was easy to follow and what comes out of it can surprise!

By Eva H

Apr 12, 2018

Excelent course. Plenty of material and resources . Very good explanations and useful capstone project where we create a complete brand development guide that shows our design and problem-solving skills. Thanks to the teachers!

Very recommendable!

Eva

By Salem F A

Nov 26, 2019

That's really very good experience to get a challenge with yourself to finish a bath learning

I enjoyed all 5 courses in this specialization of Graphic design.

making a new brand or developing it from zero such as making a real company in real world.