Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

151 - 175 of 1,842 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By XIAOFENG W

It's indeed a very comprehensive and easy to grab course for people who are interested in brand management in general. It introduces many essential concepts with simple and well-elaborated explanations in real business world. Very recommended to anyone who is looking for some inspiration or trying to enhance the understanding of brand management.

By Van A N

Sep 27, 2021

Professor Nader Tavassoli of the University of London lectured this Brand Management course for 5 weeks. Because of the useful knowledge gained from this training, I gained insight into my organization, particularly its brand value. Coursera is a wise horizon for those who are passionate about learning and self-improvement. Thank you a great.

By Katarina A

Oct 8, 2020

As someone who had an education in totally different branch (law) and needs basic, but academic knowledge about business and branding, I really have only good words for the course. Professor Tavassoli way of explaining is amusing, useful, clear. There were a lot of real examples and interviews with real people I enjoyed it and learned a lot!

By Bhushan P

Aug 24, 2020

Really thanks to Prof. Nadar Tavassoli for creating this marketing course for the beginners. He has really well explained the new concept for branding in today's comparative world. The interviews with some marketing executives from different companies are really helpful to compare how companies are using the course concepts into real world.

By Mahdi K S

Mar 15, 2021

I have taken one of the best online courses ever, with thorough theoretical underpinnings and profound practical implications. The tests were tough for me, and I failed several times, but I got through. I am applying many of the concepts to a major project I am affiliated with at the university where I work. Thank you, Professor Tavassoli.

By Antara S R

Apr 22, 2020

This is an excellent course to take for all branding enthusiasts. Extremely well crafted, precise, engaging and most importantly informative. Professor Nadar has done a wonderful job putting his point across, making it a point to take inputs from industry leaders and most importantly delivering the course the London Business School way!

By Alessandra R

Jun 3, 2020

This course completely changed my perception of brand and its purpose. Extremely well explained by Professor Tavassoli, also through the support of videos from leading branding professionals. I am sure it will help me get a significant benefit in my career and I would definitely recommend it!

Head, heart and hands. Nothing else to add!

By Amir K

Apr 1, 2021

Overall Inspiring and Insightful Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School deserves a big Applause for using Hanger and Newton Cradle Model during this course. He is uniquely blessed in keeping his audience engaged , motivated while delivering presentation. Highly Recommended to Those who want get a grip on Brand management

By Christin L

Jul 2, 2020

This was a great course- and I have learned a lot within business management. The instructor was excellent and easy to understand although English is not my birth language. Some of the guests that was intervjuet, was not so easy to understand- but we had the whole text under so nevertheless all of it was understandable. Recommends!

By Shane M

Oct 30, 2020

This was a really well designed short course. Branding is not my area of work but I have taken so much away from it that I can use immediately in role and business. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent speaker and I felt engaged from week1 to Week5. Well done to everyone Nader and everyone behind the scenes who put this course together.

By Lesia H

Feb 6, 2021

An interesting and dynamic course. The presentation of information is modern. Lots of interviews with real examples. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent teacher, explain easy and interesting! Thanks for the great course. I learned a lot of new and useful things. I recommend to everyone who interested in branding, marketing or selling.

By vinay v

Jul 23, 2020

I truly enjoyed and appreciate for introducing Brand Management - I am jobless for last 4months and after completing Brand Management, i am very positive to get good job soon.

I do not have funds to pay my certificate fee Rs.2192/- i will be grateful if you please help me out to issue Certificate.

Your Sincerealy ,

Vinay Kumar Verma

By Kent H M

Jun 4, 2020

I am a digital consultant who is multi-award winning in social media and digital marketing. For the past 10 years, I have been working with small businesses in managing their online brand. This course was absolutely brilliant and I highly recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering signing up. It is well worth your time.

By Mike F

Jul 19, 2020

Well structured and formulated course that taught me the principles and concepts of modern brand management, encompassing all aspects of an organisation from internal to external stakeholders. Professor Tavassoli was very articulate and provided great real-world examples of brand purpose and modern techniques of brand building.

By Victor B

Apr 13, 2020

Great course. I really liked the structure of the modules and how they were illustrated with real interviews with professionals of different businesses. The professor did a great job building the program in a way that every module supports each other and at the end you see how the whole course makes a lot of sense together.

By Atreyee K

Mar 17, 2021

This course was insightful, especially with the way live examples were used to illustrate the concepts. Being a working professional, it always helps to understand things better when explained with examples. The way the assignments were designed also helped to internalise the course material before writing down the answers.

By Irene

Jul 22, 2020

A loved this course. Very well explained, complete, and dynamic. I would very much recommend this course to anyone interested in Brand Management. I also enjoyed very much how the professor explained the concepts, always using examples. This course has been a motivation for me to continue with my brand management immersion.

By Akbar Q

Jun 10, 2020

This Course on Brand Management has given me insights about all it's dimensions. Mr. Nader Tavassoli has been a great instructor and have given some of the best knowledge. Really hope and wish to meet him to thank him personally. Also Coursera has been a great platform for students like me to gain knew knowledge and skills.

By Zsarina M A S

I really enjoyed the course because of the obvious expertise and entertaining delivery of the instructor, the variety of business cases shared in this course which cited best practices and past mistakes of several organisations, and the practical interviews the professor conducted with key people from different industries.

By ken m

Apr 2, 2021

Very enlightening on how the internals of brands work and the journey it takes to get there. I had no idea how much was involved in being a top brand! Way more then just sales and the course gave me some insight to my own brand as a author of a mini series called TOP COUNTY.

A personal thanks to Professor Nader Tavassoli

By Nikolas M

Oct 15, 2019

Insightful, Inspiring and Actionable. I really enjoyed the course by Nader Tavassoli and it provided a lot of value to me. I'll constantly come back to the course in order to look up the various concepts taught and I have the feeling that it will serve me a lot on my way to becoming a branding expert. Thanks a lot Nader!

By Natalia Z

Oct 3, 2021

I strongly recommend this course, Professor made a great job, everything is described in detail, focusing on the most important aspects. Interviews help to understand every concept and how exactly the brand works even better. After completing this course I feel more confident in management, especially brand management.

By Nathalie P

Sep 26, 2021

This course has helped me immensely to consider the training needed for my managers to engage in a better way with our staff and my employees to function better in delivering an improved experience for our stakeholders. I enjoyed every bit of the MOOC and truly value the information which the Professor shared with us.

By PRIYA S

Sep 3, 2021

Extremely grateful to have taken this course under the leadership of Professor Nader Tavassoli who made the course very interesting with case studies and relevant interview sessions with key leaders from well known brands. The concepts were explained in a precise manner without complicating it for easy understanding.

By Diego M

Jun 2, 2020

This course has been really inspiring, sometimes coming from a sales background narrow our focus only about sales volume. It's not wrong but it limits our business in the market. To make a business succeed we have to invest in people. Employees and customer play a crucial role and often companies take it for granted.