Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Oct 22, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way I viewed Brand Management. The course is well-framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience.

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

151 - 175 of 1,645 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Rashad H

Jan 24, 2021

Professor Nader is actually one of the best professors in that field. I appreciate his effort to make this course. Despite the course level is beginner, but total gaining skills will be higher that beginner. Professor tried to explain case very clearly and simply. That is why, I offer this course to everyone, not only beginners.

By Kent H M

Jun 4, 2020

I am a digital consultant who is multi-award winning in social media and digital marketing. For the past 10 years, I have been working with small businesses in managing their online brand. This course was absolutely brilliant and I highly recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering signing up. It is well worth your time.

By Mike F

Jul 19, 2020

Well structured and formulated course that taught me the principles and concepts of modern brand management, encompassing all aspects of an organisation from internal to external stakeholders. Professor Tavassoli was very articulate and provided great real-world examples of brand purpose and modern techniques of brand building.

By Victor B

Apr 13, 2020

Great course. I really liked the structure of the modules and how they were illustrated with real interviews with professionals of different businesses. The professor did a great job building the program in a way that every module supports each other and at the end you see how the whole course makes a lot of sense together.

By Atreyee K

Mar 17, 2021

This course was insightful, especially with the way live examples were used to illustrate the concepts. Being a working professional, it always helps to understand things better when explained with examples. The way the assignments were designed also helped to internalise the course material before writing down the answers.

By Irene

Jul 22, 2020

A loved this course. Very well explained, complete, and dynamic. I would very much recommend this course to anyone interested in Brand Management. I also enjoyed very much how the professor explained the concepts, always using examples. This course has been a motivation for me to continue with my brand management immersion.

By Akbar Q

Jun 10, 2020

This Course on Brand Management has given me insights about all it's dimensions. Mr. Nader Tavassoli has been a great instructor and have given some of the best knowledge. Really hope and wish to meet him to thank him personally. Also Coursera has been a great platform for students like me to gain knew knowledge and skills.

By Zsarina M A S

I really enjoyed the course because of the obvious expertise and entertaining delivery of the instructor, the variety of business cases shared in this course which cited best practices and past mistakes of several organisations, and the practical interviews the professor conducted with key people from different industries.

By ken m

Apr 2, 2021

Very enlightening on how the internals of brands work and the journey it takes to get there. I had no idea how much was involved in being a top brand! Way more then just sales and the course gave me some insight to my own brand as a author of a mini series called TOP COUNTY.

A personal thanks to Professor Nader Tavassoli

By Nikolas M

Oct 15, 2019

Insightful, Inspiring and Actionable. I really enjoyed the course by Nader Tavassoli and it provided a lot of value to me. I'll constantly come back to the course in order to look up the various concepts taught and I have the feeling that it will serve me a lot on my way to becoming a branding expert. Thanks a lot Nader!

By Diego M

Jun 2, 2020

This course has been really inspiring, sometimes coming from a sales background narrow our focus only about sales volume. It's not wrong but it limits our business in the market. To make a business succeed we have to invest in people. Employees and customer play a crucial role and often companies take it for granted.

By Owen S

Apr 27, 2020

This course is one of the best course i have ever taken. This MOOC change my perception about brands and the Lecturer explain everything well with the real life examples. I learned about how important the power of brands and the base of developing brands itself. It's an honor to be able to take this course. Thank you

By Sanjeev A

Nov 15, 2019

Amazing course by Dr Nader Tavassoli. I must appreciate his command on the subject and style of articulating. He made it very easy to understand the concepts which were unknown to me. This course gave me a great new perspective to look at brands. The principles, examples, flow, articulation - excellent work Dr Nader.

By Mahmoud R

Nov 9, 2020

I would like to thank LODON BUSINESS SCHOOL and Pro. NADER TAVASSOLI for providing this outstanding course rich of information and practices that really broaden my knowledge about Brand management .

I recommend it to anyone looking to enrich his resume and looking for good career growth to start with this course.

By Harry L

May 2, 2021

I completed this course a few months ago, I remember Nadar was very good at explaining key concepts, and using examples of those concepts throughout this course. Nadar also made the course fun to take part in, and the assignments were challenging and engaging. It was great to receive feedback from other students.

By Natalia M L

Jul 7, 2020

I highly recommend this course for any professional in business administration, communications and marketing who wants to go in depth in a different perspective of brand management. I consider that the methodology, examples and exercises were very helpful. Also, professor Tavalossi gives very clear explanations.

By Dhanvi S

Nov 2, 2020

Loved the course and everything about it. Loved the instructor the most! Many concepts which seem intangible are conveyed very well. The examples were so well chosen. I recommend this course to every student of marketing and branding. I don't think I will forget all that was taught in this course any time soon.

By �Avishek P

Jun 15, 2020

An informative course on Brand Management brought to us by Prof. Nader Tavassoli of The London Business School. It is a great MOOC with really interesting assignments and quizzes; not only are the videos resourceful but also researching for the assignments give a clearer understanding of each concept and topic.

By Premsiri T

This course has been an amazing journey through my quarantine time from COVID-19. I did not expect the MOOC would be so informative, interesting and fun at the same time. I had learned a lot about brand management from scratch. Thanks to Professor Nader Tavassoli and Coursera platform for this awesome course!

By Novi F Z

Mar 30, 2021

this course is awesome and very helpful to an understanding of the brand, its connection with business, the behavior of the people in the brand, and their consumer. Nader delivering this class with great fun and the people invited to this class also give us deeper understanding and insight into 3B's and 3A's

By Kelly

Oct 29, 2020

The course is awesome! Our instructor was an expert and was very clear in his method of teaching. This was not an easy course but it was really fruitful, you will feel the achievement by completing the course. I truly appreciate Professor Nader Tavassoli for the course and hope to join his other course soon.

Oct 20, 2020

Prof. Nader was absolutely brilliant! Hope he conducts more MOOCs in the future. This was an amazing experience and learning online and understanding wasn't a pressure at all. All thanks to the professor!! Highly recommends this course for anyone interested in getting an insight about branding and marketing!

By Pradeep K D

It was great learning in last 5 weeks and learnt so much about actual marketing of 21st century. But highlight of the course is Mr. Nader Tavassoli, they way he explained the various concepts and his command over the subject was impalpable. I would like to thanks to Dr Nader and team for this wonderful MOOC.

By Randi Y

May 16, 2020

Well organized and insightful! Great for beginners who are interested in marketing, branding, or owning a business. Professor Tavassoli did a fantastic job on explaining the concepts and invited many quality guest speakers to incorporate the real life examples in the concepts. I highly recommend this course!

By Shrikrishna S

Apr 14, 2020

If you are new to Marketing then this course will add huge value to your knowledge about branding. The whole MOOC is filled with various case studies and interviews which compliment the concepts very well. I wish to pursue more such courses from LBS. Hope Prof. Nader will come up with many more such courses