Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

126 - 150 of 1,639 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Ronnie V

Dec 8, 2020

I work as a maintenance worker in a large retail store and this course has given me an understanding of what my co-workers in the marketing and sales department do to keep our store relevant in these challenging times. I also believe I can now contribute more to my employer in regards to our Brand Purpose and the 6A's due to what I have learned in this course.

By Fan G

Dec 23, 2020

Previously I thought about branding as part of the responsibility of marketing team, and it was all about positioning and implanting some effusive illusion about the product in customers' mind. This course is enlightening! I got to understand branding from new perspectives and learned about how it impacts the whole business and value creation in greater depth.

By Abey T

Nov 18, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this program. Prof. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent narrator. He explained the concepts systematically and lucidly with relevant examples to drive home the message. The interviews with industry champions were insightful as it provided a practical viewpoint to the concepts. I would strongly recommend this program to anyone in management.

By Ganesh R B

The way the course contents were presented is a microcosm of what the course really discusses. Seeing myself as a customer, I can vouch for the amazing journey I had through the five weeks across all the touch points. The peer reviewed assignments and quizzes were well aligned to what the course expects of its learners. Thank you, Professor Nader Tavassoli

By Sawan M

Jan 5, 2021

Great MOOC, especially as I am from the operation side. This MOOC has helped me manage my sales /marketing team better. The fact that each module contains a peer review assignment also ensures effort in practical thinking and application of concepts learnt. Overall I would recommend this for all business leaders to get an insight into Brand Management.

By Avyaya A

May 3, 2020

Loved it, truly inspiring and very thought provoking. One of the few series of classes where I took down notes and recounted my learnings without being told by anyone. It is well researched, well taught and most importantly instills a sense of confidence within you after completing it. 100% must take course for anyone interested in the field of business.

By Anirudh S

Nov 7, 2018

A really informative course about the basics of Branding and it is explained through a lot of practical examples which makes it easy to understand the concept. Also, the changing customer landscape and the impact of technology has also been discussed in detail in this course. Thanks to Prof. Nader Tavassoli and coursera for making this content available

By Neeraj C

Jun 6, 2020

Thank you very much to Professor Nadir and Coursera for designing wonderful content in a simple language with great examples. Now with the help of these types of programs, I am always on top of my lectures before they start. Kudos to Coursera. This will help me to design my brand plan in a better way and look into the broad way to the customer journey.

By Chris V D

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you Nader for taking me on a thoroughly enlightening journey into the strategic world of branding for business. You've created a highly accessible course filled with plenty of real-world examples and insightful interviews with people who are highly qualified to speak about their respective areas of expertise. Looking forward to your next MOOC!

By FRANCESCA O

Aug 23, 2018

It's a nice course that you can take in far less than 5 weeks if you are committed, it's taking me just 2 probably. And I've been watching all the videos & done all assignments properly (I'm working full time in the day).

The professor is very engaging. Examples are clear and explanatory. A good training for those who want to have basics of branding.

By Venkateswararaju B

Oct 18, 2020

It is a well-designed course connecting all the concepts relating to brand management with good illustrations. The interviews with the experienced CEO’s of different organizations added value to the course, their rich experience in brand building, practice and engagement clearly supports the learning process. Thanks to Professor Nader and Coursera.

By Anupriya R

Jun 21, 2020

Learned about many new terms, concepts, and operations that are held in organizations. It was overall perfect for beginners and anyone interested in business. Learned so much about the employee & brand relationship along with the company. Mr. Tavassoli is gentle, humourous, and patient with all the modules and simplified all the concepts very well.

By Vipul D

Prof. Tavassoli is one of the best teachers on Coursera. He explains everything with the best examples and with utmost clarity. I am thankful for having him as my teacher for this course. Brand Management course thought me a lot of concepts, ideologies and a whole new perception towards the brands.

Great course, one of the best courses on Coursera!

By Linda S

Apr 25, 2021

Thank you for this course, I really enjoyed it, it was very smooth and opened my eyes to many brand managing aspects. I understand now how important it is to look after my clients, and give them the experience they really deserve, after all, when I opened my business, this was my main goal, but I think I lost it somehow along the way.

By XIAOFENG W

It's indeed a very comprehensive and easy to grab course for people who are interested in brand management in general. It introduces many essential concepts with simple and well-elaborated explanations in real business world. Very recommended to anyone who is looking for some inspiration or trying to enhance the understanding of brand management.

By Katarina A

Oct 8, 2020

As someone who had an education in totally different branch (law) and needs basic, but academic knowledge about business and branding, I really have only good words for the course. Professor Tavassoli way of explaining is amusing, useful, clear. There were a lot of real examples and interviews with real people I enjoyed it and learned a lot!

By Bhushan P

Aug 24, 2020

Really thanks to Prof. Nadar Tavassoli for creating this marketing course for the beginners. He has really well explained the new concept for branding in today's comparative world. The interviews with some marketing executives from different companies are really helpful to compare how companies are using the course concepts into real world.

By Mahdi K S

Mar 15, 2021

I have taken one of the best online courses ever, with thorough theoretical underpinnings and profound practical implications. The tests were tough for me, and I failed several times, but I got through. I am applying many of the concepts to a major project I am affiliated with at the university where I work. Thank you, Professor Tavassoli.

By Antara S R

Apr 22, 2020

This is an excellent course to take for all branding enthusiasts. Extremely well crafted, precise, engaging and most importantly informative. Professor Nadar has done a wonderful job putting his point across, making it a point to take inputs from industry leaders and most importantly delivering the course the London Business School way!

By Alessandra R

Jun 3, 2020

This course completely changed my perception of brand and its purpose. Extremely well explained by Professor Tavassoli, also through the support of videos from leading branding professionals. I am sure it will help me get a significant benefit in my career and I would definitely recommend it!

Head, heart and hands. Nothing else to add!

By Amir K

Apr 1, 2021

Overall Inspiring and Insightful Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School deserves a big Applause for using Hanger and Newton Cradle Model during this course. He is uniquely blessed in keeping his audience engaged , motivated while delivering presentation. Highly Recommended to Those who want get a grip on Brand management

By Christin L

Jul 2, 2020

This was a great course- and I have learned a lot within business management. The instructor was excellent and easy to understand although English is not my birth language. Some of the guests that was intervjuet, was not so easy to understand- but we had the whole text under so nevertheless all of it was understandable. Recommends!

By Shane M

Oct 30, 2020

This was a really well designed short course. Branding is not my area of work but I have taken so much away from it that I can use immediately in role and business. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent speaker and I felt engaged from week1 to Week5. Well done to everyone Nader and everyone behind the scenes who put this course together.

By Lesia H

Feb 6, 2021

An interesting and dynamic course. The presentation of information is modern. Lots of interviews with real examples. Nader Tavassoli is an excellent teacher, explain easy and interesting! Thanks for the great course. I learned a lot of new and useful things. I recommend to everyone who interested in branding, marketing or selling.

By vinay v

Jul 23, 2020

I truly enjoyed and appreciate for introducing Brand Management - I am jobless for last 4months and after completing Brand Management, i am very positive to get good job soon.

I do not have funds to pay my certificate fee Rs.2192/- i will be grateful if you please help me out to issue Certificate.

Your Sincerealy ,