Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

Oct 22, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way I viewed Brand Management. The course is well-framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience.

26 - 50 of 1,230 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Haley T

Jul 21, 2020

The concepts and real world examples taught in this course are very interesting and useful to understanding the modern world of brand management. Real world interviews with executives add a nice break from straight lectures. I really enjoyed what I was able to learn from this course.

The only things I would say need improvement are the module quizzes and the written assessments. The quizzes sometimes had very specific questions that were seemingly pulled from one small comment made in the lecture, rather than testing you on your overall understanding of the concept discussed in the module. The written assessments were great exercises, but they are graded by peer review. 99% of the time, no constructive feedback was given by peers, and many people didn't give much thought to their own answers to the assessments. Obviously, with this being an online course, there isn't much you can do to solve this problem. It was just a frustration point for me.

By Ninad B

The overall content was very generic. It needs to be more specific which can be applied in the real world.

By Bhavya B

Jul 19, 2020

Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour By Nader Tavassoli has provided this course with lead by examples mode, wherein he has illustrated brand design with relevant framework, bringing to light the purpose behind each of them and reinforcing them his interviews with great minds.

Nader Tavassoli is an inspiration as he has made the differentiation with brand management at London Business School, Unilever - ice creams and shared his success.

With this course, the way I look at business, brand, business, behavior will be with whole new dimension and Newton's cradle will be the reminder to keep its momentum with small actions at the moments that matter.

The assignments are created with "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius", in mind. So I have got an opportunity to implement my learning in the course with these assignments.

Kudos to Professor Nader, London Business School, University Of London and Coursera for spreading the passion of profound impact on the way world does business. I am confident to join Professor Nader in creating purpose-driven from brand designing through brand delivery. Thank you.

By My A N

Sep 16, 2020

This course is amazing thanks to instructor, Mr. Nader Tavassoli, Professor of Marketing from London Business School has been so passionately inspiring in his mission to transfer the knowledge through insightful lectures and interviews with Brand's Managers as well as Business Owners to interview about real branding scenarios and cases, in order to get to the root of why they did what they did of the activities when it comes to managing a brand in businesses. I was able to learn and approach the new academical, yet practical way of learning branding and understanding brand management. Additional to learning, how to apply the knowledge in solving branding problems through assignments has been truly helpful to me as the assignment was designed to be realistically activating what I have just learnt into tools that I can use in business and brand's issues. I wouldn't say this course is easy for beginner, however, if you are passionate about building brand image and managing brand's reputation, this course is a great challenge that will be rewarding in the end. Thank you for the course!

By Shovan C

Jul 17, 2020

This MOOC is a bit exhausting but equally resourceful one. The instructor is love. Every time he opens his mouth, knowledge is disseminated from it and it becomes all about how much you can catch and store for your future savings. It talks about how the employees of an organization can live and breathe the brand internally (employee branding) and in the process, become enabled to deliver the brand at many various touch points (moments that matter) across the customer/ consumer experience (a result of overall customer/ consumer satisfaction derived from all the touch points across the customer/ consumer journey) through their actions and behaviors. It also tells how valuation of a brand's trademark and associated IP (Intellectual Property) in the balance sheet can't really reflect the enormous value of that branded business as a whole.

By Rannan N

Apr 16, 2020

what an amazing learning experience, the course was very relevant to the present brand management scene ,the delivery and content of the teacher Sir Nader was exceptional,the refrences through videos or articles were very relevant to better understand the topic being taught,the interviews with professional from the field of study and them sharing their experiences all made for an awesome and wholesome learning process.thank you for this ,and I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wants to persue a career in Brand management or understanding Brand business and behaviour.once again a massive thank you for making a course of this calibre available.

By Claire G

Oct 20, 2020

The course itself was well structured, challenging and definitely taught me a lot. It defines things well and was presented in an engaging and interesting way. You understood the different way people learn and adapted the style to engage. The only part of the course that I didn't think worked was the peer review system. I failed a lot of entries because they didn't answer the question or show any understanding of what had been taught. To keep the course relevant and to the standards of LBS I think this is one area that might let it down. Also, peers that graded my work just left one word answers and I got the impression that they hadn't looked at the work.

By Andres O

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you, prof Nader Tavassoli. While you stressed it was difficult on your end of the course, it came across to me very thorough professional and easy to understand the concepts. Very much like your approach incorporating business language with practical examples. By the way, I travel quite extensively ( least before COVID), and I hate seeing hangers which required "assembly." I am a U.S. sales director for an international pharmaceutical company (Lundbeck). My additional duties include being on the U.S. Marketing brand team, so your course helped contribute to our brand marketing. I would definitely look for a course you are teaching. Cheers

By María P R S

Jul 9, 2020

I really really loved the course! The professor Nader Tavasolli explain in easy but direct terms the branding concepts. He is an excellent professor, he explained with a facility and with emphaty eventhought it's virtual, I feel that i could get all the concepts. If i had the opportunity I would take another course with him. And regarding the course, the topics were incredible! The way of doing and perceiving branding is changing and professor Tavasolli explained us why and how to deal with it. Also the interviews that the professor did were very helpful to get to know those concepts from the experience of people with long trajectories

By Amna

Jun 21, 2020

By completing the Brand Management Course with Professor Nader Tavassoli, I was able to benefit from a variety of new branding terms and aspects, as well as to refresh my memory on things that I already knew and that was part of my role at work, just need to learn and a reminder about. Since we are currently working from home, I had to manage my time in completing the course learning video modules, quizzes, and assignments on time. It wasn’t easy at the beginning, but sooner I managed it. This course has taught me many things that will be helpful in my role at work as a marketer and to my future goals, wherever that may be.

By Rupali N

Oct 16, 2020

I would like to Thank & Congratulate London Business School & specially Prof Nader Tavassoli for such an interesting & educative course. Each concept was explained with examples related to the real world which made me relate to them. The interviews were also very interesting & informative. The entire course for me was a take away. I feel enriched, confident, this will help me gain miles in my professional life. I look forward to learn more from Prof Nader Tavassoli, wishing him Good Luck, Good Health. I wish to attend London Business School in person for a Management course conducted by Prof Nader Tavassoli.

By Tushar A

Aug 13, 2020

It was an marvelous and tremendous exp. that i ever had in my life. in one line i will say that coursera has provided me a new life. providing me knowledge where i am thinking i am in the edge of my life is really a new life to me. its just not about the course i.e.. but also the faculties and great high exp. people interview i mean those who are having exp. for more then 10 to 20 years i am getting to learn from those exp. i just love the way all exercise and activities too during the course it just blew my mind. really a big thanks to london university and round of applause to coursera.

By Abhay T T

Jun 30, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. Learned a lot from it. I love how the professor constantly compares the modern approach to branding with the traditional approach. This helps the learner understand the significant developments in this field and increases their interest in the same. I am a beginner and have no experience in branding/marketing however I was able to understand every single concept in this course. I particularly enjoyed the interviews and the case study based approach in this course. The course has helped me understand businesses, companies and therefore the world around me.

By Christopher V

Jun 21, 2020

I highly recommend this course. Professor Tavasolli breaks down the teaching in a simple, concise, and informative way. His interviews with key staff from well-known companies enhances his principles and shows them in practice. The only thing I was not a fan of was the quiz format. I felt the questions were more about regurgitating information (sometimes obscure and irrelevant) instead of driving home the key teachings. The peer-to-peer writing assignments were fantastic; through self reflection, they really helped me apply what I learned to my day-to-day work.

By 19MIB009-GAYATHRI V P M I

Nov 4, 2020

First of all,I would like to thank Professor Nader Tavassoli for his immense interest in teaching this course for us.The explanation given by him for each concept is really amazing.The associations made by him with various examples actually has given me a better knowledge about various brands.I became aware of various popular brand and their practices.One of my favourites was the interview he had with Tanya ,an employee from the store "Lush".This course is definitely going to help me in some way or the other.Once again,thank you very much Professor

By Rhoda S

Aug 1, 2020

I have been in branding in various capacities for some time now although it was only last year that branding made it to the top-level agenda in our company. This course is by far the best I have taken in the subject. Not only is Prof. Nader Tavassoli very engaging and witty (and a Gunner too, yay!), his insights on branding and alignment especially on culture is very intelligient, practical, and refreshing. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a class - online or otherwise - as much as I have this one. Congratulations and thank you!

By Deodato C

Aug 17, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The subject is not only interesting but different from the traditional approach to branding, both in online courses and in University (at least here at my uni in Italy). I really appreciated the professor too, great ability to explain and make practical examples, and a great choice of accessory material to gain even deeper knowledge on the subject. I really wish to see other courses from prof. Tavassoli and London Business School! Would recommend to everyone interested in marketing and branding

By Aigerim T

Apr 15, 2020

I like the overall structure of the course. It builds slowly from the understanding of what makes a brand into metrics that measure the validity of brand strategy. This course can be easily understood by someone outside of the marketing field. There is not much reading involved, yet the course does not feel too easy. The assignment of each week assists well with getting a deeper perspective of the presented subject for that week. I also agreed with most of the ideas of the lecturer regarding the brand management topic.

By Muhammad U M

Jun 8, 2020

Alhamdulillah! Praise to God that I stumbled upon this gem of a MOOC taught by the amazing Prof. Nader Tavassoli. His style of teaching makes you easily understand intricate marketing concepts. His real-life examples will stay with his students forever, guiding them throughout their careers. I have learnt a great deal from Prof.Tavassoli's course and I wish if I had found this earlier. I also thoroughly enjoyed reviewing great pieces of work by my peers. I strongly recommend this MOOC to all the students of Marketing.

By Aanchal

Jul 13, 2020

The course all over has created huge impact on the way one looks at things. the detailed understanding of brand management is depicted in this course. the professor made it really interesting to learn. Throughout the course information to detail had been given a very important place. the assignments assigned to us were really helpful and interesting. In the end i would like to thank the professor for creating an amazing experience throughout the course, would really love to see many more courses like this one

By Kevin M

Nov 5, 2018

This is an excellent course. It is challenging and yet highly informative. I would recommend this to anyone looking to be well informed about branding. The lectures are clear and the lecturer takes his time to present the ideas clearly. The course covers quite an extensive range of knowledge. However the each segment of the course doesn't lead you on a tangent. The course direction always brings you back to the central understanding of what a brand is and the potentials of what a well managed brand can do.

By Megha S

Jun 21, 2020

I don't know if the professor will get to read the reviews but honestly, this is one of the best courses I've ever taken! He explains every concept extremely well and provides such relevant and memorable examples! I have loved branding and its concepts all my life but this course has really made me love it more and learn the technical terms that I was not aware of before. The assignments are also wonderful to do because of how much clarity and understanding it provides. Just.. 10/10 I loved it! :)

By Timothy T

Oct 28, 2019

This has been my first MOOC dealing with Brands and businesses and I'm very enthusiast about the final results. All the modules and topics are divided in a smart way which allows you to get out the most from any single concept, Prof.Tavassoli stimulates your interest in delivering stunning examples and case studies worldwide within a fresh approach. I really recommend this Mooc even though you are a brand-wise person, tips and hints will reinforce your mindset and let you reflect even more.

By Manahil A Q

Nov 20, 2018

The way this MOOC has been designed by Nader Tassavoli is just commendable. He has included everything that can make this MOOC a complete perfect course full of real life examples, case studies and especially he took time to interview CEOs and brand managers of numerous brands. Thankful to Nader for putting his heart and soul in this MOOC to benefit us all and requesting him to come up with some more MOOCs on Marketing Strategies and other releated topics. Thank you Professor! :) :)

By Kim w j

Aug 17, 2019

I though the course was fantastic, and I have actually recommended it to some of my friends and colleagues.

it was well delivered, and i enjoyed the tasks associated with it, I am new in my job role and just about to embark on a "journey of change" as part of a turnaround, and most of my learning will be immediately transformed into actions, thanks, and I hope there will be more to come.

The only flip side: We all know that Liverpool is the best brand NOT Arsenal;-) as mentioned....