Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 20, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

PG

Apr 14, 2020

well researched and well compiled topics.\n\nI would like to suggest some case studies of other continents too, as its a course with global audience.\n\nThank you Nader and the team for your efforts.

76 - 100 of 1,047 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Dawn J

Jun 15, 2020

Excellent course meeting the expectations of a course from University of London . Well conceived and executed covering all aspects it promised to. Prof. Nader Tavassoli had used his knowledge and skills to transfer his learnings to the students in a well understandable manner. The interviews, cases and the materials shared maintained high quality. Totally Satified !

By Marlene C

May 14, 2020

Outstanding instructor, This is an incredibly interesting course that will inspire with innovative strategies to evaluate and build brands . The material is organized and structured. I learned so much more than I expected .The course has substance with case studies, slides clearly illustrating concepts, data and analysis and videos with transformational leaders.

By Sateesh H

Mar 10, 2019

It is a great course with new perspectives. I feel, Managers or Founders must study this course since the idea of Brand Management is shifting from ' Department' to ' Function'. I am very happy with the content delivery and design of the entire course structure. Great course by great school and look ahead for much more useful courses from University of London.

By Julie U

Sep 24, 2020

I found this to be a well organized and presented course with practical processes for integrating our brand across silos. The pace was manageable and assignments were an opportunity to brain storm and create new strategic action plans. I found it refreshing that both external and internal customers were considered. I wish the instructor offered more courses.

By Ruchika T

Jun 21, 2020

This course highly inspired me in every aspect of management involving around brand and our brilliant teacher who explained every concept in great detail and giving such informative examples helped me a lot to understand managing the brand as whole. I will definitely look into some more courses in which he will be the mentor of that MOOC. Thanks a lot teacher!!

By Ganesh R B

The way the course contents were presented is a microcosm of what the course really discusses. Seeing myself as a customer, I can vouch for the amazing journey I had through the five weeks across all the touch points. The peer reviewed assignments and quizzes were well aligned to what the course expects of its learners. Thank you, Professor Nader Tavassoli

By Avyaya A

May 03, 2020

Loved it, truly inspiring and very thought provoking. One of the few series of classes where I took down notes and recounted my learnings without being told by anyone. It is well researched, well taught and most importantly instills a sense of confidence within you after completing it. 100% must take course for anyone interested in the field of business.

By Anirudh S

Nov 07, 2018

A really informative course about the basics of Branding and it is explained through a lot of practical examples which makes it easy to understand the concept. Also, the changing customer landscape and the impact of technology has also been discussed in detail in this course. Thanks to Prof. Nader Tavassoli and coursera for making this content available

By Neeraj C

Jun 06, 2020

Thank you very much to Professor Nadir and Coursera for designing wonderful content in a simple language with great examples. Now with the help of these types of programs, I am always on top of my lectures before they start. Kudos to Coursera. This will help me to design my brand plan in a better way and look into the broad way to the customer journey.

By Chris V D

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you Nader for taking me on a thoroughly enlightening journey into the strategic world of branding for business. You've created a highly accessible course filled with plenty of real-world examples and insightful interviews with people who are highly qualified to speak about their respective areas of expertise. Looking forward to your next MOOC!

By FRANCESCA O

Aug 23, 2018

It's a nice course that you can take in far less than 5 weeks if you are committed, it's taking me just 2 probably. And I've been watching all the videos & done all assignments properly (I'm working full time in the day).

The professor is very engaging. Examples are clear and explanatory. A good training for those who want to have basics of branding.

By Anupriya R

Jun 21, 2020

Learned about many new terms, concepts, and operations that are held in organizations. It was overall perfect for beginners and anyone interested in business. Learned so much about the employee & brand relationship along with the company. Mr. Tavassoli is gentle, humourous, and patient with all the modules and simplified all the concepts very well.

By Vipul D

Prof. Tavassoli is one of the best teachers on Coursera. He explains everything with the best examples and with utmost clarity. I am thankful for having him as my teacher for this course. Brand Management course thought me a lot of concepts, ideologies and a whole new perception towards the brands.

Great course, one of the best courses on Coursera!

By XIAOFENG W

It's indeed a very comprehensive and easy to grab course for people who are interested in brand management in general. It introduces many essential concepts with simple and well-elaborated explanations in real business world. Very recommended to anyone who is looking for some inspiration or trying to enhance the understanding of brand management.

By Bhushan P

Aug 24, 2020

Really thanks to Prof. Nadar Tavassoli for creating this marketing course for the beginners. He has really well explained the new concept for branding in today's comparative world. The interviews with some marketing executives from different companies are really helpful to compare how companies are using the course concepts into real world.

By Antara S R

Apr 22, 2020

This is an excellent course to take for all branding enthusiasts. Extremely well crafted, precise, engaging and most importantly informative. Professor Nadar has done a wonderful job putting his point across, making it a point to take inputs from industry leaders and most importantly delivering the course the London Business School way!

By Alessandra R

Jun 03, 2020

This course completely changed my perception of brand and its purpose. Extremely well explained by Professor Tavassoli, also through the support of videos from leading branding professionals. I am sure it will help me get a significant benefit in my career and I would definitely recommend it!

Head, heart and hands. Nothing else to add!

By Christin L

Jul 02, 2020

This was a great course- and I have learned a lot within business management. The instructor was excellent and easy to understand although English is not my birth language. Some of the guests that was intervjuet, was not so easy to understand- but we had the whole text under so nevertheless all of it was understandable. Recommends!

By VINAY K V

Jul 23, 2020

I truly enjoyed and appreciate for introducing Brand Management - I am jobless for last 4months and after completing Brand Management, i am very positive to get good job soon.

I do not have funds to pay my certificate fee Rs.2192/- i will be grateful if you please help me out to issue Certificate.

Your Sincerealy ,

Vinay Kumar Verma

By Kent H M

Jun 04, 2020

I am a digital consultant who is multi-award winning in social media and digital marketing. For the past 10 years, I have been working with small businesses in managing their online brand. This course was absolutely brilliant and I highly recommend it to anyone who is seriously considering signing up. It is well worth your time.

By Mike F

Jul 20, 2020

Well structured and formulated course that taught me the principles and concepts of modern brand management, encompassing all aspects of an organisation from internal to external stakeholders. Professor Tavassoli was very articulate and provided great real-world examples of brand purpose and modern techniques of brand building.

By Victor B

Apr 13, 2020

Great course. I really liked the structure of the modules and how they were illustrated with real interviews with professionals of different businesses. The professor did a great job building the program in a way that every module supports each other and at the end you see how the whole course makes a lot of sense together.

By Irene

Jul 22, 2020

A loved this course. Very well explained, complete, and dynamic. I would very much recommend this course to anyone interested in Brand Management. I also enjoyed very much how the professor explained the concepts, always using examples. This course has been a motivation for me to continue with my brand management immersion.

By Akbar Q

Jun 10, 2020

This Course on Brand Management has given me insights about all it's dimensions. Mr. Nader Tavassoli has been a great instructor and have given some of the best knowledge. Really hope and wish to meet him to thank him personally. Also Coursera has been a great platform for students like me to gain knew knowledge and skills.

By Zsarina M A S

I really enjoyed the course because of the obvious expertise and entertaining delivery of the instructor, the variety of business cases shared in this course which cited best practices and past mistakes of several organisations, and the practical interviews the professor conducted with key people from different industries.