Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

76 - 100 of 1,639 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Marc G

Apr 22, 2020

This course was very well done. Professor Nader Tavassoli does a great job covering each topic thoroughly with real world examples of times when it worked and did not work well. The assignments require thought and reflection on what is learned each week but are not too hard as to be impossible for people just learning the material. I would highly recommend this course for all levels of brand managers or those wanting to get into the field.

By Sangam S

Aug 14, 2020

Insightful with a lot of real examples. Prof. Nader Tavassoli is an amazing instructor and teaches with great passion. The assignments also helped in applying the knowledge and really think about the concepts.

I was just wondering that the certificate does not include the "brand logo" or mention the B-school LBS. It would really make a difference for students from other countries as LBS has a better recall than the University of London.

By Aditya V

Apr 21, 2020

It is a must do course for all the Marketing professionals, especially those who are in Brand Management.

It was a very insightful learning experience through this course. Approach of Prof Nader Tavasolli was phenomenal and he brought lot of new and practical aspects of Brand Management through alignment of Business, Brand and Behaviour.

The course is about breaking traditional barriers and bring-in an all new approach to Brand Management.

By Eric S

Nov 10, 2020

This is a great course with an outstanding take on how to manage brands with more of a 360 approach. The course helps tie everything together and addresses each of the three areas in-depth and oftentimes a new take on how to look at each of them.

I've been brand management roles for many years and learned a lot of new ideas, especially when it comes to the critical behaviors.

The professor is wonderful. He's clear, concise and focused.

By Bienelisa M

Oct 5, 2020

This MOOC has been mind-opening in what goes into having a successful business.

Nader Tavassoli did a wonderful job explaining the concepts of Brand Management and aligning business, brand and behaviour. He makes the concepts easy to understand and comprehend, and makes you think! I really enjoyed this MOOC and it will always be in mind now whenever I think of brands. It will definitely shape any future endeavor I look into. Thank you!

By Amey R

Jun 1, 2020

The course is really wonderful in terms of explaining step by step approach to brand design. Some key concepts which are more relevant to the current scenario like internal customers, 6As, 3Es, and brand health measurement have been explained with many examples. Prof. Nader is one of the finest instructors who are full of knowledge and a drive to spread the knowledge to the enthusiastic learners.

I am really thankful to him!

By narjes s

Oct 27, 2020

A year ago I read a book (The Why) from Simon Sinek. He explains why some people and organizations are more innovative, more profitable and command greater loyalties from customers and employees alike. However, my understanding of a Brand purpose was all clear but to acquire a deep understanding of the Brand management this course was awesome! I already start reaping the benefit thank you Dr. Nader Tavassoli! S.Sadeghi

By Aditya S

Jun 28, 2020

This course has taught me a lot and I am sure that the things I learnt in this course will help me in the future. Professor Nader has dived into the details of brand management with great interviews in between each modules. It was just great, every student who wants to have an overview about brand management and also those who want to pursue it as a career must do this course. Also keep good notes, it will be helpful.

By Dr.bhuvan a R

Sep 15, 2020

It was really wonderful course. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it will be very much helpful for my career and real life as well. I thank my instructor professor of London business School for his motivation and guide. I also thank University of London and London business school for providing me this opportunity. I also grateful to Coursera for its mediation and making the course reach in me. Thank you very much.

By Wahaj U S

Apr 1, 2020

The course is brilliant with emphasis laid on Brand understanding from first module to the last module.The videos shared of interviews with various leaders , show the efforts put in by Professor Nader . Exceptional reasoning given to explain the importance of Purpose, Values and Branding . It is a must for any one who wants to understand why is Branding so important and how to make an impact in real life scenario.

By Quy L

Jan 8, 2021

This course has created profound change in my branding knowledge. It brings me a lot of updated knowledge about branding from inside out, in people, not just traditionally about marketing and products themselves.

Professor Nader Tavassoli is an inspired lecture, he showed interested actual cases that can help you understand the academic knowledge better.

Thanks Coursera and Professor for this interesting course.

By Riya K

Jul 7, 2020

Professor Nader made the course intriguing right from the commencement of this course. He explained the concepts in a way that was easily comprehensible with very relevant examples which made attempting the assignments exciting and fun. I would recommend this course to anyone who is also slightly interested in brands and their management as it really broadens your horizon about the subject matter as a whole.

By ipek e

I am very happy to gave this course, great contend and there was more than I expected. I feel very lucky to have attended this course. I recommend everyone to take care of it, you definitely add something to yourself. You will also evaluate your time very well.

Special thanks to Nader Tavassoli and University of London & London Business School.

I hope to take more courses from this school and Nader Tavassoli.

By Edwin D S d L

Dec 27, 2020

This course gives you a clear understanding on the importance of brand experiences at all levels, internal or internal. It covers a complete overview of the way to build a brand from its various touchpoints. A great course for everyone, since for starters we are our own brands, and also we can help grow the brand we work with or even build our own business brands beginning with the teachings of this MOOC.

By Fazal M R

Apr 23, 2020

It was nicely described the relationship between business, brand & behavior for a strong brand that ensures business and keeps both internal employee and consumers a clear idea about brand purpose. However, many companies are actually running with multiple brands with same workforce; i more detail focus on how Business, Brand and Behavior may work in such environment may make it more interesting further.

By Agnieszka I

May 13, 2018

Thank you, in the last video, you said that the course was an inspiration for you, because people from all over the world take part in it. For me, this course was an inspiration for a different view of the brand and another approach to it. I hope that your experience in creating this course was positive and we can count on further classes, which I am looking forward to :) Excellent job and good luck.

By Naura A N

Jan 24, 2021

Thank you for University of London and London Business School for providing this course.

I learned a lot from this course and got new knowledge about building brands, organizational management and brand-customer relationship.

The materials are compact with interesting examples and business cases.

Professor Nader Tavassoli explained the course with a clear and communicative way, very easy to understand.

By Sridhar S

Nov 29, 2020

Excellent Course to Learn. I had Learned a Lot and Enjoyed the learning entire duration of Course.

i would like to take this opportunity to list some of the Concepts i am taking away from this Course is Brand Purpose, Brand Behaviour, The Six A's of Brand Engagement, The ABC's of Behaviour Change. once again i am thanking Coursera and Ashok Leyland for giving the Opportunity for Learning this Course.

By Joshua D K

Sep 23, 2019

The course was effective and articulated how business, brand and behaviour are uniquely intertwined in a successful organization. Mr. Tavassoli provided many concrete and easily understandable examples for how business, brand and behavior work together. The use of interviews with people who successfully use the combination of business, brand and behavior to promote their brands was very well done.

By Esther A

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent Lecture, you analogies, your original concepts established and shared during this course was well appreciated! Love the simplicity with which you delivered your well-personalized lectures that grasped the attention of your students, also resulting from your relaxed professionalism!!!

High Yield concepts or foundations for business management was the bulk of this course! Job well done!!!

By Olohirere L

Jul 24, 2020

Great course with a lot of helpful material that should help me later. Amazing instructor and great use of imagery with the coat hanger and the use of Newton's cradle to symbolise alignment and reiterate etc importance of the synchronisation of brand, business and behaviour. Highly recommend for those wishing to expand their understanding of branding or who wish to explore the world of business.

By Doug K

Apr 13, 2021

Excellent content, but many of the videos and links to articles were no longer active because of the age of the course. The content needs refreshed to include information that has happened or changed over the past 5+ years. All that aside, Mr. Tavassoli has such a nice way of presenting the content in an easily digestible way. I understand why his so respected in the world of academic branding.

By Pilar S

Nov 2, 2020

The experience of this course has been amazing. Professor Nader Tavassoli explanations of the concepts have been top. Both the level of information and the interviews of very high quality. I learnt a lot of new concepts and he managed to make me discover a complete new concept of brand and business. I strongly recommend this course and it has encouraged me to continue learning in this platform.

By Angelo C

Oct 5, 2020

Professor Nader is very knowledgeable about the subject and is able to explain and teach the course in a very pragmatic way. I have learned a lot of things and gained a lot of insight which I was able to apply to my work during the course of this MOOC. I am very happy that I took this course and highly recommend it, Professor Nader as well as the London Business School, and Coursera. Thank you!

By karthick R

Apr 26, 2018

Wonderful Course. The art of flow/ structure of this lecture gave a deeper understanding of the subject. I'm very surprised and excited through the course. The course has been very informative and insightful on this going forward on every modules. All the way through the lecture was undeniably so good. Thanks for this course. I hope to put through these principles what i learned in practice.