Back to Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour by University of London

Professor Nader Tavassoli of London Business School contrasts traditional approaches to branding - where brands are a visual identity and a promise to customers - to brands as a customer experience delivered by the entire organisation. The course offers a brand workout for your own brands, as well as guest videos from leading branding professionals. The aim of the course is to change the conception of brands as being an organisation's visual identity (e.g., logo) and image (customers' brand associations) to an experience along "moments-that-matter" along the customer journey and, therefore, delivered by people across the entire organisation. Brands are thus not only an external promise to customers, but a means of executing business strategy via internal brand-led behaviour and culture change. You will learn and practice the following skills: 1. How to build brands from a broad organisational perspective 2. How to lead brand-led culture change with human resource practices at the core (i.e., brand as a lever and not just an outcome) 3. How to build brands in multi-brand companies, across cultures and geographies 4. How to measure brand health in new ways, that is, internally in addition to externally 5. How to value and capture returns to brands across the organisation - introducing the new concept of employee-based brand equity - and how this is different from the valuation of brands as intangible assets. This course allows you to develop the following aspects of yourself: 1. Head. Gain a deeper understanding of the evolving practice of brand management, one that goes further than practiced in most organisations today 2. Heart. Be motivated to engage in delivering your own brands – regardless of where you are in your organisation – thereby creating superior value for customers and for your organisation 3. Hands. Translate learnings into action. As Confucius is supposed to have said: “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”...

Apr 19, 2020

Professor Nader has been immensely helpful in bringing about a change in the way i viewed Brand Management. The course is well framed with lots of good examples and interviews. A wonderful experience!

AS
Mar 16, 2021

Wonderful! Professor Tavassoli did a wonderful job of breaking down the business, brand & behaviour alignment process.\n\nVery insightful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a lot. Thank you so much!

26 - 50 of 1,842 Reviews for Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour

By Jeny J

May 9, 2020

I was eager to study a course from coursera..But i can't take it..Lecture is good,but the peers review is not good and not upto standard..I have taken many course from other digital platforms and enjoyed a lot..I will surely never take any course from coursera..

By Bhavya B

Jul 19, 2020

Brand Management: Aligning Business, Brand and Behaviour By Nader Tavassoli has provided this course with lead by examples mode, wherein he has illustrated brand design with relevant framework, bringing to light the purpose behind each of them and reinforcing them his interviews with great minds.

Nader Tavassoli is an inspiration as he has made the differentiation with brand management at London Business School, Unilever - ice creams and shared his success.

With this course, the way I look at business, brand, business, behavior will be with whole new dimension and Newton's cradle will be the reminder to keep its momentum with small actions at the moments that matter.

The assignments are created with "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius", in mind. So I have got an opportunity to implement my learning in the course with these assignments.

Kudos to Professor Nader, London Business School, University Of London and Coursera for spreading the passion of profound impact on the way world does business. I am confident to join Professor Nader in creating purpose-driven from brand designing through brand delivery. Thank you.

By Shovan C

Jul 17, 2020

This MOOC is a bit exhausting but equally resourceful one. The instructor is love. Every time he opens his mouth, knowledge is disseminated from it and it becomes all about how much you can catch and store for your future savings. It talks about how the employees of an organization can live and breathe the brand internally (employee branding) and in the process, become enabled to deliver the brand at many various touch points (moments that matter) across the customer/ consumer experience (a result of overall customer/ consumer satisfaction derived from all the touch points across the customer/ consumer journey) through their actions and behaviors. It also tells how valuation of a brand's trademark and associated IP (Intellectual Property) in the balance sheet can't really reflect the enormous value of that branded business as a whole.

By Jacqueline W

Oct 29, 2019

I started this course expecting to learn more classic brand strategy techniques such as Brand architecture, brand valuation, messaging and segmentation. This course focuses more on students understanding of basic brand concepts and their impact on businesses as a whole. I found the course very useful as an someone interested in Brand Consulting and think it would also be very useful for operators or customers facing individuals who are integral to delivering the brand promise across customer touch points. The course is taught at an MBA level, meaning less technical learning and more reviewing high-level concepts in action through company examples. Definitely walking away more knowledgeable!

By Septian J

Aug 1, 2020

Everything was excellent! The materials were easy to understand, the tools used were simple, and most of the interviewee are capable and experts on their field. Prof. Nader and the team really did an excellent job in this course.

Personally I love the coat-hanger story, the Newton's cradle, and from the course: The 3E's and brand valuation lessons were essential for my job and brand as a pharmacist owning a business.

I'd also like to express my gratitude for the financial aid given from Coursera and UoL, this will support my future endeavors and I can proudly say I have another skillset. Terima kasih (Thank You) from Indonesia!

By Abhay T T

Jul 1, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. Learned a lot from it. I love how the professor constantly compares the modern approach to branding with the traditional approach. This helps the learner understand the significant developments in this field and increases their interest in the same. I am a beginner and have no experience in branding/marketing however I was able to understand every single concept in this course. I particularly enjoyed the interviews and the case study based approach in this course. The course has helped me understand businesses, companies and therefore the world around me.

By Katie

May 4, 2020

Thank you so much for creating this course Nader Tavassoli, it has given me a very good insight into Brand Management and has inspired me to pursue this in my career. There was a really good mix of useful examples and materials, and I really like the way you included interviews from people in the industry. It would be good if the grading was more structured, perhaps getting students to link their answers back to the theories in the course. Having said that, I like the way it is peer assessed because it is great to learn from the other students. Thank you again, Katie

By Christopher V

Jun 21, 2020

I highly recommend this course. Professor Tavasolli breaks down the teaching in a simple, concise, and informative way. His interviews with key staff from well-known companies enhances his principles and shows them in practice. The only thing I was not a fan of was the quiz format. I felt the questions were more about regurgitating information (sometimes obscure and irrelevant) instead of driving home the key teachings. The peer-to-peer writing assignments were fantastic; through self reflection, they really helped me apply what I learned to my day-to-day work.

By Haley T

Jul 21, 2020

The concepts and real world examples taught in this course are very interesting and useful to understanding the modern world of brand management. Real world interviews with executives add a nice break from straight lectures. I really enjoyed what I was able to learn from this course.

The only things I would say need improvement are the module quizzes and the written assessments. The quizzes sometimes had very specific questions that were seemingly pulled from one small comment made in the lecture, rather than testing you on your overall understanding of the concept discussed in the module. The written assessments were great exercises, but they are graded by peer review. 99% of the time, no constructive feedback was given by peers, and many people didn't give much thought to their own answers to the assessments. Obviously, with this being an online course, there isn't much you can do to solve this problem. It was just a frustration point for me.

By Alicia C

Aug 13, 2020

Very insightful course. All the real world examples definitely helped understand each of the concepts brought up on this course. However, the peer assignments were not really reviewed by peers, it gives the impression everyone is just trying to get a score no matter the quality of assignments.

By Becca C

Dec 12, 2020

Format of the course (mainly talking videos) gets very repeititive - would prefer accompanying slides and documents. The content could also do with updating - unfortunately a lot of this is about 5 years out of date now and so is less relevant for learning true practical applications

By Pranav B

Apr 17, 2021

Where is the Certificate upon completion.

Do you really think students should wait for a Month to get a certificate???

By RIYA C

May 23, 2021

i applied for financial aid which was approved ,but why do i still have to purchase the certificate?

By My A N

Sep 16, 2020

This course is amazing thanks to instructor, Mr. Nader Tavassoli, Professor of Marketing from London Business School has been so passionately inspiring in his mission to transfer the knowledge through insightful lectures and interviews with Brand's Managers as well as Business Owners to interview about real branding scenarios and cases, in order to get to the root of why they did what they did of the activities when it comes to managing a brand in businesses. I was able to learn and approach the new academical, yet practical way of learning branding and understanding brand management. Additional to learning, how to apply the knowledge in solving branding problems through assignments has been truly helpful to me as the assignment was designed to be realistically activating what I have just learnt into tools that I can use in business and brand's issues. I wouldn't say this course is easy for beginner, however, if you are passionate about building brand image and managing brand's reputation, this course is a great challenge that will be rewarding in the end. Thank you for the course!

By S T

Dec 6, 2020

This content of the course are worthy but little bit old. It was created in 2015 but missed to update with latest scenarios. This brand management topic is very much important one so it demands up to date contents to understand them and make wise decisions based on knowledge gained from this MOOC. The professor Nader Tavassoli explains the concepts very well without boring. I love very much his way of teaching with little bit of smile all the time. Thanks to coursera for bringing me this wonderful lifetime opportunity of learning from the places where people like us not even able to see. Heartful of thanks to you. You break all the knowledge sharing barriers in this society with your organization. Definitely it will pay off in the near future. You will see the dramatic positive changes in the society which you sow with your organization.

By Banoeng-Yakubo C

Apr 17, 2021

Course has been excellent. Modules are easy to grasp. Prof you have made a great impact in your style of teaching - clear, concise and easy to understand. The exercises you design and to-dos you designed have inspired me to look at things differently going forward. My perception of what brands and brand building are has changed completely for the better. I have learned skills in how to build brands in an organisation with one or multiple brands . The lessons in brand management will help me greatly to engage in delivering my own young brand. Thank you for the opportunity Prof and I will always recommend it to others. You are doing a great job in your journey of teaching which is product focused. Thank you and success in your endeavours.

A PLEA: WILL LIKE TO PURCHASE A CERTIFICATE FOR THE COURSE I HAVE JUST FINISHED, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE.

By Mohamed M

Aug 10, 2021

Prof Nader Tavassoli did an awesome job with this course. I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants an understanding of the impact of Brand to an organisation and/or to you own business.

I look back at my MBA studies and this course would have been essential in understanding how the business, brand, customer behaviour can be a positive value to any company. The two elements of customer experience and employee value proposition with respect to Brand is some of the essential ingredients of successful business. I am fortunate that I have done this course now, because I am setting up a startup and would be essential to set the right tone and foundation for my Business. Thank you for the time, effort and dedication in putting this great course together

By Rannan N

Apr 16, 2020

what an amazing learning experience, the course was very relevant to the present brand management scene ,the delivery and content of the teacher Sir Nader was exceptional,the refrences through videos or articles were very relevant to better understand the topic being taught,the interviews with professional from the field of study and them sharing their experiences all made for an awesome and wholesome learning process.thank you for this ,and I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wants to persue a career in Brand management or understanding Brand business and behaviour.once again a massive thank you for making a course of this calibre available.

By Claire G

Oct 20, 2020

The course itself was well structured, challenging and definitely taught me a lot. It defines things well and was presented in an engaging and interesting way. You understood the different way people learn and adapted the style to engage. The only part of the course that I didn't think worked was the peer review system. I failed a lot of entries because they didn't answer the question or show any understanding of what had been taught. To keep the course relevant and to the standards of LBS I think this is one area that might let it down. Also, peers that graded my work just left one word answers and I got the impression that they hadn't looked at the work.

By Andres O

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you, prof Nader Tavassoli. While you stressed it was difficult on your end of the course, it came across to me very thorough professional and easy to understand the concepts. Very much like your approach incorporating business language with practical examples. By the way, I travel quite extensively ( least before COVID), and I hate seeing hangers which required "assembly." I am a U.S. sales director for an international pharmaceutical company (Lundbeck). My additional duties include being on the U.S. Marketing brand team, so your course helped contribute to our brand marketing. I would definitely look for a course you are teaching. Cheers

By María P R S

Jul 9, 2020

I really really loved the course! The professor Nader Tavasolli explain in easy but direct terms the branding concepts. He is an excellent professor, he explained with a facility and with emphaty eventhought it's virtual, I feel that i could get all the concepts. If i had the opportunity I would take another course with him. And regarding the course, the topics were incredible! The way of doing and perceiving branding is changing and professor Tavasolli explained us why and how to deal with it. Also the interviews that the professor did were very helpful to get to know those concepts from the experience of people with long trajectories

By Amna

Jun 21, 2020

By completing the Brand Management Course with Professor Nader Tavassoli, I was able to benefit from a variety of new branding terms and aspects, as well as to refresh my memory on things that I already knew and that was part of my role at work, just need to learn and a reminder about. Since we are currently working from home, I had to manage my time in completing the course learning video modules, quizzes, and assignments on time. It wasn’t easy at the beginning, but sooner I managed it. This course has taught me many things that will be helpful in my role at work as a marketer and to my future goals, wherever that may be.

By Rupali N

Oct 16, 2020

I would like to Thank & Congratulate London Business School & specially Prof Nader Tavassoli for such an interesting & educative course. Each concept was explained with examples related to the real world which made me relate to them. The interviews were also very interesting & informative. The entire course for me was a take away. I feel enriched, confident, this will help me gain miles in my professional life. I look forward to learn more from Prof Nader Tavassoli, wishing him Good Luck, Good Health. I wish to attend London Business School in person for a Management course conducted by Prof Nader Tavassoli.

By Daniel A R

May 26, 2021

For those who desire to have a first contact with brand management, this course will really give you a solid foundation on the principals of the subject. The classes are really informative and fun, the quizzes and assignments are really intuitive. There are also a lot of interviews with famous CEOS that work with branding on a daily basis, so we get to learn a little bit more about the theory we learn in class. The professor is really really too, i highly recomend this course. I believe this was recorded around 2016, but the topics are still really current (as i did the course in 2021.) Just go for it.

By Tushaarr A

Aug 13, 2020

It was an marvelous and tremendous exp. that i ever had in my life. in one line i will say that coursera has provided me a new life. providing me knowledge where i am thinking i am in the edge of my life is really a new life to me. its just not about the course i.e.. but also the faculties and great high exp. people interview i mean those who are having exp. for more then 10 to 20 years i am getting to learn from those exp. i just love the way all exercise and activities too during the course it just blew my mind. really a big thanks to london university and round of applause to coursera.