Back to Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding by Stanford University

Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding was designed for new mothers and the people who support them. This engaging, one-week learning experience, provides participants with everything they need to know to more successfully establish breastfeeding – or support a new mother who has decided to breastfeed. We created the course because we recognize that there is a very small window in which successful, exclusive breastfeeding can be established, and that many new mothers are mastering this skill during a busy and sometimes stressful time. Brought to life by beautiful illustrations and interviews with international mothers, we hope to reach the broadest spectrum of mothers, helping them understand the current recommendations, challenges, benefits and practical considerations around breastfeeding - while simultaneously inspiring them to consider breastfeeding as the first choice for feeding their babies. And now for the legal stuff... Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability THE INFORMATION IN THIS COURSE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DIGITAL MEDIC AND STANFORD MEDICINE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF LOSS OR INJURY, OR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, ARISING FROM USE OF THIS COURSE. This course is not a substitute for the advice, diagnosis or treatment by an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. Copyright 2018 Stanford University. The course videos must be used according to the term of our Creative Commons License available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/: free distribution with attribution, no commercial use, no derivatives....

LL

Mar 20, 2018

This course is very helpful to me to prepare for my baby's arrival. I have learned a lot from the benefits of breastfeeding and will absolutely choose this practice in raising my own child.

DM

Mar 20, 2018

It was very helpful, the reasons why breastfeeding is better for our babies were very clear. It definitely encourage me to give breastfeeding. Thank you so much for this course

26 - 50 of 100 Reviews for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

By Kristin Y

May 06, 2018

this course is good for those mother-to-be to prepare the information before baby birth.

By Mehul A

Jun 10, 2018

This course helps understand the benefits behind breast feeding and it's advantages for both mother and child. Even in today's modern times breast feeding is not supported in general public and even looked down upon in some places, this course gives a brief idea why it may be so. Being of a male gender it helps me understand the female body and provides a glimpse of the world of motherhood.

By Nancy I

Mar 24, 2018

I just hope so many Mothers around the world would get to see this course, it will go a long way to increase the exclusive breastfeeding ratings even in low income countries, like my country Nigeria. Thanks you guys for this knowledge!

By Natalia N

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course! The information given in the course is relevant, accurate and very important for the health and future of our babies. Congratulations on the 100% Breastfeeding campaign!

By Giselle M

May 24, 2018

Excelente material! Congratulations!

By Mary R

Mar 27, 2018

Very informative and encouraging. Thank you for this course.

By Akua A A

Jun 04, 2018

Thanks so much

By Lynne D

Mar 21, 2018

Simple, clear and with an effective message about the benefits of breastfeeding. A message to mothers and anyone in the vicinity of a newborn!

By kehkashan k

Mar 25, 2018

I wish I knew this all before. I wish I could tell people with all wrong information to not make others lives a hell by bombarding their absolutely crap knowledge.

By Deborah L W

Apr 02, 2018

The content for this course is easy to understand. There's a good blend of research based information and personal experience from mothers. I would recommend this course to any woman who is not fully aware of the advantages of breastfeeding. I would also recommend this course to individuals who are working as advocates for breastfeeding as a resource to help support their work. This is my second course with Dr. Maya . She has a talent for making everyone feel at ease and delivering information that is useful for everyone who participates in her courses.

By fernando g u

s

By Oliviane F

Jun 30, 2018

Nice course; a good ressource for those who look for basic informations about breastfeeding and/or who support parents (-to-be). The videos provide clear informations with nice graphics and the discussions lead us to reflect about the way we can be good advocates and supporters. Thank you for this course.

By Katya Z

Apr 02, 2018

Very interesting course! Thank you!

By Elisabetta F

Apr 12, 2018

I enjoyed learning about breastfeeding scientific data in a very simple way, becoming aware of what effects and benefits are involved with exclusive breastfeeding .

By Blanca I M R

Mar 20, 2018

Very good introduction to the topic. Simple, easy to understand for people that have no knowlegde about the topic.

By V A K

Mar 26, 2018

First of all a big thankyou for putting together this wonderful course. It is an awesome course which is well structured , with the required information , free from overload of information as you would find in most parent / baby sites. It is a must have course for all parents and parents to be.

By Luz V E

Mar 24, 2018

Amazing course

By Alexander B S

May 23, 2018

Excelente curso. Una introduccion a la lactancia materna.

By Lyubomira V

Mar 21, 2018

Easy to take course. Videos were not too long and that helped me follow them till the end. Funny and colorful drawings in the videos make them more appealing. You get the most important information in a nutshell.

By Claudia G

Jun 02, 2018

This short course is a great way to get the community to understand the importance of breastfeeding and the importance of supporting breastfeeding mothers.

By Kien T

Apr 06, 2018

Thank you so much for this course. It's useful for every parent for sure

By Olha F

Mar 28, 2018

Great course. Thank you for useful information!

By Jum'atil F

Mar 20, 2018

This course remain to advocate more for breastfeeding friendly working places.

By Nevena P

Apr 12, 2018

Very informative and motivational, supporting moms to provide the best for their children by breastfeeding

By Ammar Y A

Mar 20, 2018

Really useful course that I recommend for every mother/mother-to-be, healthcare workers and educators