Back to Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding by Stanford University

Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding was designed for new mothers and the people who support them. This engaging, one-week learning experience, provides participants with everything they need to know to more successfully establish breastfeeding – or support a new mother who has decided to breastfeed. We created the course because we recognize that there is a very small window in which successful, exclusive breastfeeding can be established, and that many new mothers are mastering this skill during a busy and sometimes stressful time. Brought to life by beautiful illustrations and interviews with international mothers, we hope to reach the broadest spectrum of mothers, helping them understand the current recommendations, challenges, benefits and practical considerations around breastfeeding - while simultaneously inspiring them to consider breastfeeding as the first choice for feeding their babies. And now for the legal stuff... Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability THE INFORMATION IN THIS COURSE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DIGITAL MEDIC AND STANFORD MEDICINE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF LOSS OR INJURY, OR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, ARISING FROM USE OF THIS COURSE. This course is not a substitute for the advice, diagnosis or treatment by an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. Copyright 2018 Stanford University. The course videos must be used according to the term of our Creative Commons License available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/: free distribution with attribution, no commercial use, no derivatives....

LL
Mar 19, 2018

This course is very helpful to me to prepare for my baby's arrival. I have learned a lot from the benefits of breastfeeding and will absolutely choose this practice in raising my own child.

KS
Jan 6, 2021

The course was thorough although quite aggressive when dealing with the fact that 100% breastfed children are the gold standard. I also paid $29 and have not gotten my certificate.

51 - 75 of 302 Reviews for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

By Alicja

Mar 31, 2018

Very useful information especially for non-medical people. Strongly believe that every mother-to-be should be introduced to such a course before delivery! Good job! :)

By Elisabetta F

Apr 12, 2018

I enjoyed learning about breastfeeding scientific data in a very simple way, becoming aware of what effects and benefits are involved with exclusive breastfeeding .

By kehkashan k

Mar 25, 2018

I wish I knew this all before. I wish I could tell people with all wrong information to not make others lives a hell by bombarding their absolutely crap knowledge.

By Claudia L H G

Apr 22, 2020

Es un curso bastante didáctico que permite fortalecer los conocimientos de una forma sencilla orientado a madres y trabajadores de salud con un mismo lenguaje!

By Rohit G

Sep 7, 2018

Simple and easy. An excellent course for those looking for a quick guide on nuances of breastfeeding, and learn ways to encourage breastfeeding in the society.

By Chui J Y

I look forward on how mother diet affect breastfeeding and the ways to increase breastmilk production for certain mother who with less amount of breastmilk.

By Mikaela M

Mar 19, 2019

Personally, I loved this course. It was informative and backed up information I already knew from my years of breastfeeding experience. Well done Stanford!

By Monique H

Sep 27, 2018

This is a wonderful course on the basics of breastfeeding.

I wish this could be something given to all mothers by gynecologists in order to raise awareness.

By Claudia G

Jun 2, 2018

This short course is a great way to get the community to understand the importance of breastfeeding and the importance of supporting breastfeeding mothers.

By Παναγιώτης Γ

Jan 6, 2021

The course is very simple and super informative. It has a very supporting feel to it and it has definitely encouraged me to try exclusive breastfeeding.

By Constanza B

Jan 18, 2021

great Information, fun videos, beautiful course for advocators, mothers, future mothers and really anyone who wants to learn more about breastfeeding!

By Macy M R

Apr 26, 2020

I really enjoyed the course, and it has helped me a lot to understand all the breastfeeding benefits and the possible risks of introducing formula.

By Naveen K

Jul 20, 2020

It's very important to know what is the best choice for a new born child and this course really has the focus on what is necessary for a child.

By Francesca G F

Apr 22, 2020

complete and resourceful course about breastfeeding, benefits, characteristics, problems to solve and tactics to help mother to breastfeeding .

By Jenny T M S

May 15, 2020

Excelente, aprendi muchas cosas para poder poner en practica en mi vida y en las madres que requieran. me facilito el aprendizaje.

Mil gracias.

By Lynne D

Mar 21, 2018

Simple, clear and with an effective message about the benefits of breastfeeding. A message to mothers and anyone in the vicinity of a newborn!

By Sarah B

Mar 14, 2021

Such a wonderful, engaging, and informative course! I was pleasantly surprised and will be recommending this to colleagues and clients alike.

By Gabrielle B

Jan 2, 2021

This would be a great resource for mothers who are interested or on the fence about breastfeeding. Very informational and didn't take long.

By Susmita s c

Apr 2, 2020

Its a very useful course for every person..Its very effective technique to do the course at home.thank u so much for ur technical course.

By Cynara B

Mar 18, 2020

Very good overall, had a hard time understanding some foreign English speakers (as I am a foreign myself), but I could rely on subtitles.

By María I T

Mar 24, 2020

Me gustó, lo hice en sólo un día, es muy amable y ya me siento con las facultades para defender con argumentos la lactancia materna

By Natália R d S

It is a fast course rich in quality content, essential information for many mothers and professionals who can guide these mothers.

By Zainab N R

May 13, 2020

Short, concise and to the point informaton. Highly recommend for prospective parents and anyone who wants to support new parents.

By Najmo A

Jun 22, 2018

Excellent, as a midwife i liked it very much. This course strengthened my will to support every mother, who wants to breastfeed,

By Rina M

Mar 9, 2021

Gave me a lot information latch techniques, now I can explain a mom the right way to latch the baby. Thanks awesome information