Back to Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding by Stanford University

Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding was designed for new mothers and the people who support them. This engaging, one-week learning experience, provides participants with everything they need to know to more successfully establish breastfeeding – or support a new mother who has decided to breastfeed. We created the course because we recognize that there is a very small window in which successful, exclusive breastfeeding can be established, and that many new mothers are mastering this skill during a busy and sometimes stressful time. Brought to life by beautiful illustrations and interviews with international mothers, we hope to reach the broadest spectrum of mothers, helping them understand the current recommendations, challenges, benefits and practical considerations around breastfeeding - while simultaneously inspiring them to consider breastfeeding as the first choice for feeding their babies. And now for the legal stuff... Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability THE INFORMATION IN THIS COURSE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. DIGITAL MEDIC AND STANFORD MEDICINE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF LOSS OR INJURY, OR ANY DAMAGES WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, ARISING FROM USE OF THIS COURSE. This course is not a substitute for the advice, diagnosis or treatment by an appropriately qualified and licensed physician or other health care provider. Copyright 2018 Stanford University. The course videos must be used according to the term of our Creative Commons License available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/: free distribution with attribution, no commercial use, no derivatives....

LL

Mar 20, 2018

This course is very helpful to me to prepare for my baby's arrival. I have learned a lot from the benefits of breastfeeding and will absolutely choose this practice in raising my own child.

DM

Mar 20, 2018

It was very helpful, the reasons why breastfeeding is better for our babies were very clear. It definitely encourage me to give breastfeeding. Thank you so much for this course

76 - 100 of 101 Reviews for Stanford's Short Course on Breastfeeding

By Helga F

Apr 26, 2019

Excellent!!

By Christina M

Jun 14, 2019

Not quite what I was expecting, but it was a very educational course and I would definitely recommend it.

By Sarah L S

Sep 02, 2019

Great course. learnt alot. and amazing it was free!! Thank you very much

By WIVQIE H F

Sep 04, 2019

This is make me more confident to be breastfeeding mom

By Mahmoud E M A

Nov 13, 2019

Great coarse

By Gideon M

Nov 20, 2019

This is an eye opening course to the benefits of breastfeeding and how the same came be done.

I will strive to follow the advice given herein and support my partner once we get children. 100% Breastfed

By Christina X

Jan 07, 2019

Great practical course on breastfeeding for moms-to-be, new mothers and their support network (partner, family, employer). Can be repetitive at times. Nevertheless, def recommend it; better than spending another hour on (insert social media app here).

By Bettina S

Aug 21, 2018

Course is focused on healthcare aspects of breastfeeding rather than breastfeeding process. I alos found the course repetitive

By Łucja D

Sep 04, 2018

I like Maya Adam's courses very much! For me as a medical student this course was a bit less usefull comparing to others I have completed, but still worth compliting.

By Maria S

Sep 13, 2018

It was very interesting and useful to know about benefits of a breastfeeding, but I hoped to see more practical tips for new mothers, such as how to overcome pain, how to put baby on the breast...etc.

By Bhavik D

May 18, 2018

Not very detailed. I am not a lay-person, so perhaps my opinion is biased.

By Achraf J

Apr 11, 2018

By Sneha J

Mar 25, 2018

Very tastefully done & Wonderful graphics and was beautiful to see women share their breastfeeding journey. I felt that little more should have been highlighted in the practical side - latch, cluster feeds, self care for mother,etc.

By Jamie W

Mar 21, 2018

This course was very positive. I understand that is a short course, but it is a VERY short course. Perhaps in the description, there should be advice to expectant mothers to also take an in-person course, connect with La Leche League, and seek out other education to prepare for breastfeeding, and that this course is a brief introduction to the topic. That way expectant mothers don't expect this to be everything they need to know. Otherwise, I found the course to be a great overview and I loved all of the honest responses from women around the world. The artwork used in the course was also beautiful.

By Ashley F E

Jun 14, 2018

Good overview of breastfeeding benefits and basic challenges. The focus was on mothers' choices and beliefs regarding breastfeeding, rather than on structural barriers that may impact how successful mothers are in reaching their breastfeeding goals

By Karla A N C

Mar 30, 2018

I liked the course, it's practical, however I expected to know about what to do to produce more milk and decrease colics to the baby.

By Sandra A A H

Apr 16, 2018

I know it says "short" but this course need more tips to achieve a good technique to a successful breastfeeding. Thank you for the information.

By Irene T

Apr 17, 2019

I found the class to be really helpful but I wish there was a little more information too!

By SEHA-08179 S V

May 25, 2019

when completed course succesfully certificate also expected

By Maria N

Nov 01, 2019

helpful and basic information about breastfeeding that is suitable to all new mothers

By Nina L

Jun 12, 2018

I didn't learn something new during this course. I think for people who have no experience at all with breastfeeding, or with the benefits of breastfeeding it is a good course. But if you already did breastfeeding before I don't think it adds a lot.

By Courtney K

Mar 24, 2018

Provided only basic information, but it was still helpful to get thinking about the topic. I was hoping to learn about techniques as I don't have a person to mentor me throughout the infant period.

By Mary C

May 16, 2018

This course will not help you know how to breastfeed, but will give you insight on why you should (and exclusively) and general safety guidelines if you need to use formula.

By Jennifer B

Nov 07, 2019

I felt like the course had good information but I felt discriminated against as a white American woman.

By Edna G

Jan 21, 2019

There is nothing about the technique to breast feed and recommended times.