Back to Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions by University of Alberta

Of all the animals on earth, which are the strongest for their size? What about the fastest? Who were the first animals to evolve flight? Insects take all of these titles and more! As the most abundant animals on the planet, insects and other arthropods affect our lives in so many ways. From beneficial interactions like pollination and biological pest control, to the transmission of life threatening diseases; this course will teach you about the big ways that these little arthropods impact our lives. In Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions, you will be plunged into the diverse (and sometimes alien) world of arthropods to learn how they work, what they do, and how insects and humans interact every day. After completing this course, you will be able to: Describe the evolutionary relationships between insects and their arthropod relatives Inventory major groups of insects and their diversity Demonstrate evolutionary adaptations that make insects successful Discuss insect biology and human-insect interactions Evaluate positive and negative interactions between insects and humans Propose practical and symbolic roles insects play in human societies...

AB
Jul 7, 2020

Very interesting and specially the anchors of this course are very enthusiastic and encouraging throughout the course so my focus is maintain for bugs and surly I will search more on insects further.

MH
Nov 19, 2020

An absolutely fantastic course with logically set-out modules and enthusiastic, inspiring and engaging presenters. Very useful for anyone involved in Science outreach and/or widening participation.

426 - 438 of 438 Reviews for Bugs 101: Insect-Human Interactions

By Krystal L

Mar 8, 2021

I'm in grade 7 and I followed along the course, I hit some bumps and at some points I was kind of boring, but I am very happy that I did the course. I've learned so much and by far my favorite module has to be about the bees! So the next time I dissect a beetle I'm sure to know what's inside!

By Jean M

Oct 6, 2020

This course was very well composed. Each lecturer was very concise and well-spoken. I thoroughly enjoyed the lectures, the interviews and the visual materials. I would recommend this course to others.

By Catherina K

May 13, 2021

Each teaching video should be maximum up to 10 minutes to keep the focus of the students. This is according to the instructional design principles.

Videos that last to long are tiresome

By Sneha B

May 13, 2020

This was a great start to learning about insects. I got given a basic overview of all topics. Maybe you can have a part 2 on insect identification and research.

By Joy S

Nov 22, 2019

Excellent class full of great information. Very comprehensive. Would give 5 stars, but the whole bug thing is still kind of creepy.

By Konstantin B

Oct 5, 2020

Good overall aspects of insects but some of the information is difficult to understand

By Adi N P

Jul 8, 2020

The ILO for IPM was not fully playable. However, overall this a good course.

By Broseidon1273

May 13, 2020

Very informative, although boring at times.

By NANDA K S 1

Apr 28, 2020

IT WAS A NICE COURSE

By Koustav M

Jun 12, 2020

Good

By WJohn V P

Dec 12, 2020

Not interesting to me at all