Back to C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals by University of California, Santa Cruz

This course is for everyone. In the new world we live in, coding is a universally valuable skill, whether you're a scientist, artist, or a humanist. Algorithms are everywhere, and we all have to understand how they work. The C language is particularly well suited as an introduction to coding: It's a tried-and-true language, and it allows you to understand computing processes at a deep level. No prior knowledge of coding is needed for this course. We'll start at the beginning. The time estimated time commitment for this course is five hours a week for five weeks....

MA
Jun 21, 2020

I am really happy I did this course. The instructor is a really experienced teacher. This course gave a good start for learning the fundamentals and moving onto complex programming languages like C++.

VD
Aug 19, 2020

Great course to gain a foundation in C programming! The video lectures, coding examples, and peer reviewing of assignments allows one to learn quick and in real time. Would definitely recommend it.

76 - 100 of 1,201 Reviews for C for Everyone: Programming Fundamentals

By Chua C T

May 16, 2020

Prof Pohl took the time to explain each and every step of C code to help beginners like myself tread water easier. His book on "A book on C: Programming with C" is a good resource to look up when in doubt. Thank you!!

By Aditya R S

Dec 16, 2020

Thank you!! This course helped me in knowing the basic fundamentals of C language. I was a begineer in coding when I joined this course, but now I am being able to solve most of the problems. Thanks, Coursera.!!!!

By Anurag G

Mar 17, 2021

First of all thanks to Coursera for providing me financial aid on this course.

This is a very good course for beginners, all basic concepts are made to understand easily. Very helpful for starting C programming.

By Миннуллина Р Р

Apr 28, 2020

Explanations are understandable,

the lecturer explained the material with examples and inspired to start coding after each lecture. I feel that now I can start programming and learn much more difficult things

By Pratyush

Aug 25, 2020

this course was very helpful for me and I have learned many this from this program. This course had led to increase in my understanding and skills of C language which will be very useful for me in the future

By 19dcs040@charusat.edu.in

Sep 6, 2020

good course i am currently in second year of computer science i already completed the c language but this course revise some of my key concepts thank you sir ira pohl lots of respect and good wishes

By Piyas A

Sep 15, 2020

Thank you for online course,It is really helpful.I have learnt very nicely.Thank you to my all respected teachers and Peer grade too and this Coursera course to give this opportunity to me.

By Kirill D S

Feb 7, 2021

The course is wonderfully designed for Users that are starting to learn how to code or in need of relearning, the course is straight forward and all detailed are explained thoroughly.

By st43r

Oct 5, 2020

Such cool course and especially professor's explanations!!! Thank you so much, University of California, Santa Cruz. I really appreciate your work on this course; it helped me so much

By Nixon P

Oct 5, 2020

The professor who teaches the course explains the concept very effectively . I refurbished my knowledge of c again , and i feel i learned something more from this course about C.

By RITIK C

Aug 31, 2020

The course is great , and it's cover all the basic of C language .Without coursera I can't get knowledge from the world best teacher , Thank you Coursera and also the instructor.

By Vedang S

Jul 21, 2020

If someone want to begin with learning C language then this course is best suited for them as it easy to learn and the method of teaching of Dr, Pohl are the best and simplest.

By Rambhatla S

I have learnt many topics in this course. This course had made me taste the flavour of C language and programming. The lectures which were given by Pohl sir were outstanding.

By Lütfi M K

Sep 18, 2020

You can learn details from this course. Ira Pohl is a good teacher and like how he said, this course is for everyone. I will continue with other courses of Ira Pohl as well.

By AyeshaImam

Apr 6, 2020

It is a very nice course but laymen might not be able to understand this at first. Still, it is a beginner level course to start your programming skills with detailed basics

By Léo B

Aug 27, 2020

Very good course, it's a nice way to be guided through the foundation of programming with C and getting exposure with the assignments. You might have a lot of fun learning!

By Karan A

Apr 28, 2020

Rarely does a professor does such a good job at diving into the details and imparting knowledge. Highly recommended if you're absolutely new to programming fundamentals.

By Sai R G

I am very thankful to course era, i learned everything with an ease. The idea of grading the assignments and quizzes was really fantastic. A big thanks to this platform

By Abhishek G

Sep 5, 2020

Very good course for those students who wants to learn basics of C language. The course contains very good assignments and quiz for better understanding to the topics.

By Shivanshu U

Jan 30, 2021

Really, I am enjoying the classes with my all enthusiasm. Sir, Ira Pohl is the perfect teacher and guide for students. I enjoy whole the session. Thanks for this.

By INDHUJA G

Aug 30, 2020

Thank you so much instructor to helped me to learn this course. But please teach some concepts in depth , so it will be useful . Thank you for great experience.

By RISHI R

Jan 5, 2021

Great course for beginners with zero ideas of computer programming. you get to learn a lot of programming basics and a perfect idea of c and c++ programming.

By Claudio F S

Dec 8, 2020

Excellent! I learned a lot. I am totally newbie to programming language. Now I understand why the C language is important to start the IT career. Thank you.

By Era T

Aug 14, 2020

It was a good head start for my learning. The lessons on function and data structures were very helpful for my learning. I hope to join the next course too.

By Sudhanshu S

Apr 27, 2020

This Course was very helpful to strengthen my fundamentals.It also helped me to practice and think over the assignment questions with a logical approach.