Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

CA
Dec 19, 2019

I liked it, it costed me a little because I am not a C programmer with big experience, and this course I feel is focused on C programmers that want to know how to "translate" their code to C++

HS
May 5, 2020

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

526 - 550 of 572 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By Lokesh H S

Sep 30, 2020

The english they speak is hard to get

By METAGAR B S

Nov 17, 2020

It's amazing course helped me lot

By Jayaynth P S Y

Focus on history can be reduced.

Nov 19, 2020

By NEERADI C S

average

By Pushpendra H

Aug 12, 2020

Good

By Tuo L

Oct 22, 2017

I gave this course two star for taking my responsibility. The course is bad designed. The homework has less clue and you may only find 50% or less related knowledge from the lectures. The final quiz is ridiculous (too many questions about number calculation and I cannot believe there are questions like what did D. Ritchie B. Stroustrup E. Dijkstra L. Euler do or invent?!!!). It seems that the professor or his assistant did not put too much effort into providing this course. Though I learned something from it and it pushed me to learn several c++ skills, in a google searching way.

By Dimitris K

Jan 14, 2019

The video sessions are nice and very informative. However, the examples in the videos are a "toy" compared to the assignment of implementing a Monte Carlo simulation for Dijkstra's algo. The directions in the description of the assignment are very poorly written and the specs are blurry and difficult to clarify by yourself. The MST assignment is much easier, but still the directions are not well prepared.

By weimian

Sep 2, 2018

no Chinese subtitles and it is really hard for me to figure all the English subtitles and knowledge. I feel that upset concerning no Chinese translation and I think it should be improved sooner or later. or Chinese learners like me would not learn as much as students who have English as their mother languages.

By Nadav S

Sep 19, 2017

Very superficial. I found that I know c++ to a limited extent, and that for practical uses I must learn a significant amount of information from other sources. In short, this course is an introduction but does not give you enough tools to call yourself a c++ programmer.

By Amit J

Mar 16, 2016

The instructor speaks too slow. Teaching concepts that are not valid anymore. e.g. prefer inline over function call, const vs #define, declaring variable anywhere in the code etc...

The topics are too small and too much time is devoted to them.

By Nishchaya B

Jul 30, 2017

The instructor is way too boring. I've tried hard to watch these lectures at least thrice but I loose interest after a while. There's a lack of energy and no connection with the audience.

By Vedanth R

Sep 16, 2019

Very low effort put in designing the course. Lecture content is not useful for the most part. Assignments are peer-reviewed instead of designing test-cases.

By Asterios K

Apr 7, 2017

Lots of overlap in the videos, not a lot of information on C++ features, too few hands-on activities with the features taught.

By PANNAGA U

Jul 13, 2020

Not good he talks in a mood that the doesn't like teching us so not able to understand some concepts

By Ranip H

Nov 16, 2016

Very poorly designed course material. Everything has been split up.

By MANOJ M

May 12, 2020

please enroll if you got some basic knowledge in c++

By AISHWARYA H R 1

May 14, 2020

lengthy videos must be shortened.....

By KUSUMA D