Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

CA
Dec 19, 2019

I liked it, it costed me a little because I am not a C programmer with big experience, and this course I feel is focused on C programmers that want to know how to "translate" their code to C++

HS
May 5, 2020

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

376 - 400 of 563 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By BITTU K

Jun 3, 2020

good

By Yu G

Jun 3, 2020

good

By Anurag

Good

By Liwansh s

good

By Pragya T

May 22, 2020

good

By HASHIR M

good

By kratin m

Good

By G H K

Good

By Garima A

Good

By KHAGESH K D

May 13, 2020

good

By Tekane C

May 13, 2020

good

By HARSHITA K

May 8, 2020

good

By Grandhi r

May 6, 2020

good

By madhu s

May 3, 2020

good

By RAMANALA N

May 2, 2020

Good

By Talla B

May 2, 2020

Good

By David F M N

Dec 28, 2019

Nice

By Divya J

Jul 19, 2018

good

By Adarsh k

Jul 18, 2018

Good

By SINGH V V

Jul 8, 2018

GOOD

By Taiga N

Mar 29, 2016

Jul 16, 2020

!

By Pietro P

Oct 14, 2016

The course is good and exercises are not trivial, the teacher speaks very slowly but this is to accommodate not native English speakers and I find it to be fair.

The course mixes a bit of graph theory with the teaching of the C++ language and I reckon that to be a good idea as it makes you solving non trivial problems thus stressing the C++ topics covered during the lecture, that would not have been the case if problems were simpler.

The only big limit I see in the course is the grading system as the peer-review system does not work very well as the student's preparation is very uneven, you can't expect much more from an on-line course though.

To draw a conclusion I had the sense of having learned something at the end of the course, which is rewarding, I really appreciate the work you are doing in striving to provide the best knowledge to everybody, I think it is a small revolution.

By Jerry C

Aug 1, 2017

It's a nice course for C programmers to get to know what C++ is all about. The homework assignments are challenging, forcing you to really understand and implement the new language. The peer-review mechanism is somewhat amazing. I actually learned 1/3 of my C++ skills from reviewing others work. However, the contents itself could still be further refined. The audio volume is somewhat too small, the speech rate is rather slow, and the wording could be further simplified for non-native speakers. All in all, its a nice and compact course, I would surely recommend this course to anyone who want to learn C++ as a C programmer.