Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

126 - 150 of 421 Reviews for Camera Control

By Suresh M

Aug 22, 2017

I was so eager to complete this, I was ahead of time. Thanks to Peter and Mark for excellent presentation

By Yousaf T

Apr 19, 2016

Both the professors are trying to give max knowledge required for this course and they are 100% succeeded

By Johan R

Jul 26, 2021

Very good overview of photography techniques with practical assignments that are appropriately demanding

By VERA M

Jul 29, 2018

I found this course very well presented and materials not pertinent and practical.Thank you. Vera Mulder

By Dennisse P

Mar 12, 2021

Great course for anyone that wants to get more control on their camera skills and get better exposures.

By Marcy W

Apr 30, 2018

Sometimes find it difficult to be judged by others, I wish that the professors would grade the photos.

By ARDA Y

Nov 26, 2020

Thank you for this great opportunity! I have learned lots of things and I had the opportunity to try

By Kaniksha.c

Sep 1, 2020

Very useful thank you for cost of course the course help us to learn many things about photography

By Charmaine H

Jun 30, 2017

Great techniques learned that will assist with getting the best photo ever. I love this course.

By Ian M

Nov 16, 2016

Incredibly clear and detailed explanation, great exercises to develop good photography skills!

By Mariel A

Oct 15, 2020

really informative and I was challenged with the peer reviewed assignments but it was fun :)

By Elizabeth C

Mar 20, 2017

Really helped me get control of my camera and understand how to create the images I wanted.

By Boris T

Apr 11, 2017

Fantastic course, worth the time for any photography beginner as well as those who are not.

By Sakib N K

Aug 21, 2020

All topics are covered nicely. I really can go out there and experiment with my camera now

By HAMID A

May 29, 2019

gr8 course for photography enthusiasts well explained thanks you Mr Peter and Mr. Sullivan

By Pako M

Nov 3, 2020

Its a wonderful course that gives one confidence in handling and controlling their camera

By SHARON S L R

Jul 20, 2020

Great course. The videos are great tools to learn, they have all the information needed.

By Bappy P J

this course is about camera control.I learned something new after completing this course

By Eduardo r

Apr 16, 2019

WOW I MEAN WOOOW it’s awesome i really enjoy learning from what a MASTERS in photography

By Sanjeev K G

Feb 11, 2017

Now I can just go on to area of controls with ease keeping in mind the desired results,

By Larissa O

Mar 22, 2016

I juist started course 2 ... and loving it!!!!

A lot to learn about!

Thank you Coursera!

By Mahima A

Jul 17, 2020

A VERY INFORMATIVE COURSE. GAINED NEW EXPERIENCES AND SKILL SET BECAUSE OF THE COURSE.

By Sonia V

Apr 17, 2017

this course should be the first one of the whole specialization. They are all so good!

By Saira T

Apr 17, 2016

Brilliant course with fantastic professors who explain everything in the easiest way.

By Blair M

Dec 5, 2020

Great examples in the lectures. The peer-review and projects were the most fun part.