Back to Understanding Cancer Metastasis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Cancer Metastasis by Johns Hopkins University

Over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide are dying from cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of cancer is rising worldwide, and the disease is expected to strike over 20 million people annually by 2030. Everyone has been, or will be touched by cancer in some way during their lifetime. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the prevention and treatment of cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this course, physicians and scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes. We’ll describe the major theories of metastasis and then describe the biology behind the steps in metastasis. The course also describes the major organs targeted by metastasis and describes how metastases harm the patient....

RB

Feb 09, 2017

Good course, but why researchers whant to hold/control cancer in a human and not rebuild the destroyed mechanisms of autoregul;ation by genetic engeneering for example? That would be true cure.

RW

Jun 04, 2018

It is a beautifully designed course. it never gets boring. The best part is that you can learn at your own pace. Thank you all the instructors and Coursera for making the content available.

1 - 25 of 129 Reviews for Understanding Cancer Metastasis

By H. M I A

Jul 07, 2019

It was a well designed course which helped me to understand cancer metastasis and associated risks. This course was very helpful and easy to understand.

By Goodmilan n

Jul 04, 2019

Nice course ....Beautifully designed for improvement of career

By Shweta

Jul 01, 2019

Hello

I found this course very informative, learned a lot of things. Surely this is gonna help me buid up knowledge in cancer biology. Prof K Pienta is an amzing teacher taught lectures very calmly and his colleagues did an amazing job. Thank you, would like to have to add experiments in the next courses.

By Akshay S S

Jun 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing information with me .

By Cliff S

Jun 23, 2019

Week 1 part 2 was particularly incredible in the clarity of explanations. course in general was fantastic, thank you all for making it and sharing your expertise.

By Karthik R

Jun 21, 2019

Very informative and detailed!

By achalla n k v s

Jun 02, 2019

easy understanding ,quick learning ,more information is been gathered in less time ,,thank you entire team of johnhopkins

By Jose W M

May 02, 2019

Excelente curso

By Turki A

Apr 27, 2019

Very fruitful course

By Dario M

Apr 25, 2019

dr Pienta absolutely awesome. talks slowly, gives us time to check what's written on the slides (i am a foreigner and i need a bit of time to metabolize the informations. thanks, will surely purchase some more courses in the near future.

By PanCheng

Apr 07, 2019

This course helps me a lot in knowing the steps of cancer metastasis. It not only helps me reviewing my knowledge but also teaching me a lot of knowledge I never learned before. All the teachers are very nice and they can teach the concepts clearly. I hope there will be more students interested in cancer registering and learning this course. Meanwhile, I'd like to show my great respect and wishes for all the teachers in this course.

By Arkajyoti P

Mar 20, 2019

I learn various things throughout the course

By CHAITALI B

Mar 10, 2019

very very helpfull

By Mohammed A S A

Mar 07, 2019

Excellent course

By Milena K

Mar 01, 2019

condense, not too long, all essential information!

By Joel A V s

Feb 20, 2019

Didáctico y enrriquecedor

By Ayesha R Y

Feb 11, 2019

The course was extremely helpful and informative in understanding of cancer biology and its affect on patients.I'm really thankful to all the instructors that helped in understanding the concepts better.Looking forward to more advanced courses related to cancer biology and ongoing research in this area.

By Syeda S U N

Feb 02, 2019

Very informative

By Zia U M

Feb 01, 2019

It's just amazing. Though i have postgraduate degree in Cancer but courses like these makes you think to what you are missing.

By Michael P

Jan 11, 2019

Very comprehendive and consise!

By Richard K

Jan 10, 2019

The course should not require paying to complete the graded quizes.

By Rune M

Dec 02, 2018

Covers nicely the basics of metastasis - good job!

By Teertha U I

Nov 26, 2018

Great course.I would also recommend 'Introduction to cancer biology' course provided by the same team.

By Alekya V

Nov 19, 2018

This course really helped me gain a better understanding of cancer dissemination / progression, and I'm now even more interested in the field!

By Vikas P R

Nov 14, 2018

Very good short term course to understand the cancer metastasis.