Back to Understanding Cancer Metastasis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Cancer Metastasis by Johns Hopkins University

Over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide are dying from cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of cancer is rising worldwide, and the disease is expected to strike over 20 million people annually by 2030. Everyone has been, or will be touched by cancer in some way during their lifetime. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the prevention and treatment of cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this course, physicians and scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes. We’ll describe the major theories of metastasis and then describe the biology behind the steps in metastasis. The course also describes the major organs targeted by metastasis and describes how metastases harm the patient....

RW

Jun 04, 2018

It is a beautifully designed course. it never gets boring. The best part is that you can learn at your own pace. Thank you all the instructors and Coursera for making the content available.

MA

Jan 13, 2017

That's was Avery good experience on the course it's really beneficial and very helpful and I want to thank doctors that had taken apart in explaining cancer metastasis thanks very much

26 - 50 of 134 Reviews for Understanding Cancer Metastasis

By Meghana M

Aug 15, 2017

This course is completely informative and easily understandable for the beginners especially. Thanks to Coursera and John Hopkins University for the wonderful course.

By Delvon T M

May 29, 2017

The course was very informative with a great balance between being too complicated and too succinct. I learned a lot.

By Max J

Jul 14, 2017

Just finish auditing the course. Very informative and I learned a lot :)

By Mohamed S M I

Jul 20, 2017

Anyone joins this course he will never regret doing this , especially students , it's very informative

By Mohammad A H

Apr 14, 2017

Very informative and good for revision

By marihan

Mar 14, 2017

Excellent Course ! (Y)

By Monil S

Jul 15, 2017

Very good

By Agnes P

Sep 09, 2017

Excellent! Thank you so much.

By IDIR A

Mar 08, 2017

Very interesting course,

By HJP H

Jun 02, 2018

I want to send a warm thank you to the creators and presenters of this course. For me, interested in the subject but not an initiated expert, it offered the right level of detail. You touched on areas of complexity and research-uncertainty, and illustrated that with a couple of examples. For me, it work educationaly very well. It is a pity that the course exams can no longer be taken without paying for the certificate. Since the marking of the exams is an automated process, why can this not remain free of cost (don't need a certificate).

By Susan H

Apr 24, 2017

A very informative course that I highly recommend. Great explanations of a lot of terminology used when speaking or reading about cancer. I would love to see courses that go more in-depth about cytokines or cancer syndromes. This is the second J.H.U. course that I've taken about cancer and now I plan on taking the Prostate Cancer course, as well.

By Nikita S

Apr 16, 2017

I've found the course very helpful and educative. It has definitely widened my understanding of cancer.

By Akbibi

Dec 24, 2016

Very clear explanation. Enjoyed watching and learning. Thank you the team!

By Levon K

May 15, 2018

A very optimal course. Videos are short, informative and to the point. Illustrations are precise, well chosen and critical. The authors very succinctly explain the connections among various factors of cancer, and also the connections between the disease mechanisms and the corresponding treatments.

By Paul C H

Aug 25, 2017

I

By fernando g u

Jun 30, 2018

Muchas gracia `por ayudarnos a ponernos al dia.

By Otilia B

Sep 27, 2017

Sarah, Gilani, Haley but, to me, especially Professor Ken's spirit and enthusiasm about the subject has been amazing :-) A BIG thank you to the whole team and I hope to be able to listen to Ken in the future as well, and I'm really looking forward to Haley having her own course available soon, she's great, a true role model for me!

By 刘嘉彬

Jun 23, 2018

Sincerely nice, do help me a lot

By Abhimanyu B

Nov 17, 2017

Brilliant course, lots to learn.

By Mary J S B

Apr 06, 2018

Soy estudiante de medicina. Mi primer curso en línea y muy padre. Gracias.

By Masood S J

Jan 15, 2018

Very informative course!

By Trevor J H

Jan 29, 2018

Very interesting and informative. Well spoken and written. Slides, cartoons, pictures etc were captivating. Hope you will off more cancer courses in the future!

By Abismoy B S

Feb 20, 2018

It was a good learning experience with all the videos and datas.

By Beril T

Aug 04, 2017

Thank you for creating this course. I have studied molecular biology & genetics, and currently I am a medical student in Turkey. Your lectures have provided me with a better insight about the cancer metastasis processes.

By David R

Nov 15, 2017

Excellent course, highly recommend it to anyone interested in cancer.