Back to Understanding Cancer Metastasis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Cancer Metastasis by Johns Hopkins University

Over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide are dying from cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of cancer is rising worldwide, and the disease is expected to strike over 20 million people annually by 2030. Everyone has been, or will be touched by cancer in some way during their lifetime. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the prevention and treatment of cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this course, physicians and scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes. We’ll describe the major theories of metastasis and then describe the biology behind the steps in metastasis. The course also describes the major organs targeted by metastasis and describes how metastases harm the patient....

MS
Jul 1, 2020

A big thanks to John Hopkins University for this course the faculty of this university is one of the best faculty i have ever seen all things are much clear and confidential.\n\nOnce again Thanks.

RB
Feb 8, 2017

Good course, but why researchers whant to hold/control cancer in a human and not rebuild the destroyed mechanisms of autoregul;ation by genetic engeneering for example? That would be true cure.

51 - 75 of 413 Reviews for Understanding Cancer Metastasis

By Anthony J

Oct 15, 2020

I'm not a English native speaker so the diapositives help me a lot to understand some things. Of course I had to translate some terms and checked on Google but that course help me a lot to understand metastatis !

By Beril T

Aug 3, 2017

Thank you for creating this course. I have studied molecular biology & genetics, and currently I am a medical student in Turkey. Your lectures have provided me with a better insight about the cancer metastasis processes.

By Natasha S

Jun 5, 2020

The professors are excellent. The course has inspired me to pursue research in the fascinating world of cancer. i would like to thank the creators of the course for making such a complex topic so easy to understand.

By David A B

Oct 2, 2017

I really enjoy the course. I am a medical student interested and Oncology and this course has encoureged me to carry on studing in order to become an oncologist.

Thank you very much for prepare this course.

By Mar R

Feb 20, 2018

This is an enjoyable and highly informative course, useful to know about the fundamentals of cancer, in addition to the current state of research and what is still needed in the fight against this disease.

By Al P P

Mar 21, 2017

Excellent course. Gives you a well oriented description of the steps required for metastasis and doing so it opens our view of places were treatments can be implemented. Thanks for sharing your knowledge..

By Nivedha M S

Aug 26, 2020

This is a beautifully curated course. It gives a good insight into the implications of cancer metastasis, dormancy of DTC's and struggles and syndromes faced by patients. I loved the learning experience.

By Julia S

It was an amazing experience to be able to learn a little more about cancer metastasis with this course. One suggestion: you could make the material and references worked on in class available.

By Roman B

Feb 9, 2017

By Alejandra G P

I really found this course useful. I liked the way everything was explained, including the helpful images. This course left me with the motivation to learn more about this topic. Thank you!

By Laura P

Nov 20, 2020

Very interesting lectures and easy to understand despite scientific terms that can sometimes be more "difficult". I chose this course as I myself aspire to grow as a cancer researcher!

By sakshi A

Aug 18, 2020

It's a Wonderful course and it has helped me gain knowledge and clear my concepts regarding cancer and metastasis. I would love to join more courses like this and enhance my knowledge.

By Mrunmayi N

May 5, 2020

It was a very beautiful experience learning with the great professors in the course. A lot of knowledge was acquired that will surely help me for further studies n research in oncology

By Ghazal

Jul 29, 2017

it was an amazing course! everything was clear and well-explained.. i had fun and learned alot! thank you coursera! this was my first course and i really enjoyed every minute of it!

By 18UZLA040

Jun 23, 2020

this course was very interesting and helped me gain more knowledge. explanation of every topic was very clear. thank you so much for all those interesting and enlightening session.

By Nur F A S

Jul 13, 2020

I took this course with some knowledge of cancer and it was easy to follow. I was able to finish ahead of time as it was really engaging. Overall, great as a beginner course.

By MANASANIVERDAS 1

Oct 10, 2020

This course is good and more informative for those who have much intrest to know in detail about cancer and it's spread. Thanks for the Great Lectures who taught in easy way.

By Rakshitha R

Jun 27, 2020

Very well explained and a well put together set of topics. It's a great course for people interested in gaining more knowledge about the dreaded C word and ways to tackle it.

By Rahul D

I just love this team. They are so much proficient in their respective fields. I wish to meet all of them at some point in time of my life. Thank you for this awesome course.

By MA. J T V

Sep 16, 2020

One of the best courses that I took! I am a premed student majoring in biology and I like the way the course was designed. They easily explained complex terms and processes.

By Urvi S

May 10, 2021

It's a very thorough course. It not only is informative but is very insightful. I shall recommend this course to every individual who is curious to know more about cancer.

By Jayant J

Sep 7, 2020

Thank you for the simple course structure and visual explanations. Having a background in Physics, I was able to quickly grasp the mechanisms on how cancer metastasizes.

By Adelaida G L

Jun 25, 2020

Super complete, now i understand so much better many things about metastasis and cancer, it was super interesting, i really liked the quizzes at the end of every video.

By Tasmim H

Apr 4, 2021

I had a wonderful learning time! I completed Introduction to the Biology of Cancer and Understanding Cancer Metastasis. Both courses are informative and enlightening!

By CHITRA J A

Jun 13, 2020

The course was adorable. Before doing this course, I don't know anything about cancer. But after finishing the course I feel that I have some knowledge about cancer.