Back to Understanding Cancer Metastasis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Cancer Metastasis by Johns Hopkins University

Over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide are dying from cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of cancer is rising worldwide, and the disease is expected to strike over 20 million people annually by 2030. Everyone has been, or will be touched by cancer in some way during their lifetime. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the prevention and treatment of cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this course, physicians and scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes. We’ll describe the major theories of metastasis and then describe the biology behind the steps in metastasis. The course also describes the major organs targeted by metastasis and describes how metastases harm the patient....

RW

Jun 04, 2018

It is a beautifully designed course. it never gets boring. The best part is that you can learn at your own pace. Thank you all the instructors and Coursera for making the content available.

MA

Jan 13, 2017

That's was Avery good experience on the course it's really beneficial and very helpful and I want to thank doctors that had taken apart in explaining cancer metastasis thanks very much

76 - 100 of 135 Reviews for Understanding Cancer Metastasis

By Al P P

Mar 22, 2017

Excellent course. Gives you a well oriented description of the steps required for metastasis and doing so it opens our view of places were treatments can be implemented. Thanks for sharing your knowledge..

By Graham G B

Jan 03, 2017

Excellent course, very high quality presen

By Lawrence K

Nov 12, 2017

Clear, concise, well illustrated.

By Tony T

Jan 10, 2017

The lecture and quizzes were very acceptable and I truly learned a lot from this short course. I have tried starting a few courses before and noticed that there was a huge disconnect between test material and lectures; this course was not like those. I am starting another by JHU at the moment and strongly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more about cancer. If you are an undergrad like me, this is a nice bio 1 review of cell cycle and other things and their applications to cancer as well.

By Matías A L

Jun 02, 2017

An amazing course!! I've learnt a lot about both cancer and metastasis. Thank you so much!

By basem m s

Aug 25, 2017

it was an amazing journey

By Cynthia M

Nov 17, 2017

Excellent course. I highly recommend this course to anyone working with patients diagnosed with cancer.

By Jessica S

Apr 02, 2017

Excellent overview of cancer metastasis. The class struck a good balance between large, broad concepts and specific details. I liked the combination of 2 quizzes for each week. Maybe it was just psychological, but I felt like I was getting a lot done. All instructors were easy to understand in their teaching approach. After completing the course I feel I have a basic understanding of how cancer metastasizes.

By Amanda R

Oct 28, 2017

Excellent overview of cancer metastasis. Perfect for the non-research scientist.

By Otilia B

Sep 27, 2017

Sarah, Gilani, Haley but, to me, especially Professor Ken's spirit and enthusiasm about the subject has been amazing :-) A BIG thank you to the whole team and I hope to be able to listen to Ken in the future as well, and I'm really looking forward to Haley having her own course available soon, she's great, a true role model for me!

By Beril T

Aug 04, 2017

Thank you for creating this course. I have studied molecular biology & genetics, and currently I am a medical student in Turkey. Your lectures have provided me with a better insight about the cancer metastasis processes.

By 刘嘉彬

Jun 23, 2018

Sincerely nice, do help me a lot

By David R

Nov 15, 2017

Excellent course, highly recommend it to anyone interested in cancer.

By Trevor J H

Jan 29, 2018

Very interesting and informative. Well spoken and written. Slides, cartoons, pictures etc were captivating. Hope you will off more cancer courses in the future!

By Masood S J

Jan 15, 2018

Very informative course!

By Abismoy B S

Feb 20, 2018

It was a good learning experience with all the videos and datas.

By Ioannis A

May 09, 2018

This course was really interesting, simple and analytic.Good job!

By Maria Z

Sep 09, 2017

Really , it was so great ! I learned a lot about cancer metastasis . thank you so much for your effort !

By Abhimanyu B

Nov 17, 2017

Brilliant course, lots to learn.

By Mary J S B

Apr 06, 2018

Soy estudiante de medicina. Mi primer curso en línea y muy padre. Gracias.

By David A B

Oct 02, 2017

I really enjoy the course. I am a medical student interested and Oncology and this course has encoureged me to carry on studing in order to become an oncologist.

Thank you very much for prepare this course.

By Mohamed A H

Sep 04, 2017

very good and fantastic

By ripe

Nov 30, 2017

Tr

By Alana A L d S

Aug 21, 2017

Amazing! The professors are truly out of this world, they don't even stutter!

By Yassir C