Back to Understanding Cancer Metastasis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Cancer Metastasis by Johns Hopkins University

Over 500,000 people in the United States and over 8 million people worldwide are dying from cancer every year. As people live longer, the incidence of cancer is rising worldwide, and the disease is expected to strike over 20 million people annually by 2030. Everyone has been, or will be touched by cancer in some way during their lifetime. Thanks to years of dedication and commitment to research we’ve made enormous advances in the prevention and treatment of cancer, But there is still a lot of work to be done. In this course, physicians and scientists at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine explain how cancer spreads or metastasizes. We’ll describe the major theories of metastasis and then describe the biology behind the steps in metastasis. The course also describes the major organs targeted by metastasis and describes how metastases harm the patient....

RW

Jun 04, 2018

It is a beautifully designed course. it never gets boring. The best part is that you can learn at your own pace. Thank you all the instructors and Coursera for making the content available.

MA

Jan 13, 2017

That's was Avery good experience on the course it's really beneficial and very helpful and I want to thank doctors that had taken apart in explaining cancer metastasis thanks very much

76 - 100 of 236 Reviews for Understanding Cancer Metastasis

By Nikita S

Apr 16, 2017

I've found the course very helpful and educative. It has definitely widened my understanding of cancer.

By Teertha U I

Nov 26, 2018

Great course.I would also recommend 'Introduction to cancer biology' course provided by the same team.

By Mohamed S M I

Jul 20, 2017

Anyone joins this course he will never regret doing this , especially students , it's very informative

By CHUN S

Mar 25, 2017

As a biologist, it improves my understanding about cancer a lot. Glad to take this class. Thank you!

By Devyani P

Apr 20, 2020

A great course with amazing speakers. It will be very helpful for my further studies in the field.

By Joshua V

Apr 10, 2020

Very helpful course, I gained a lot of knowledge that should help me in my upcoming Ph.D. program

By AKASH S

Mar 31, 2020

It was really good.I think a few topics can be taken a bit more interesting as it little vague..

By Dina A I I E

Oct 15, 2018

Great course, i really appreciate your efforts to introduce this informative course by this way

By Elmira V

Apr 20, 2017

Everything was intresting and usefull. I hope this knowledge will help me in my research work!

By Ajit p

Apr 28, 2020

it is a good and informative course, the material provided and lectures were so knowledgable.

By Elachmit O

Apr 28, 2020

it is a very interestion course , i learnt a lot from it and thank you very much for that .

By MARTA G

Apr 14, 2020

This course is very interesting. The slides and explanations are done very well. Thank you!

By Matías A L

Jun 02, 2017

An amazing course!! I've learnt a lot about both cancer and metastasis. Thank you so much!

By Ilia L

Oct 15, 2018

This material is well chosen for the audience which interested in the field of oncology

By Kenneth K

May 09, 2020

i have a greater understanding of what cancer is and why it is so difficult to treat

By Luis S

Jan 15, 2020

Great course with the most acute and important information about cancer metastasis

By Amanda R

Oct 28, 2017

Excellent overview of cancer metastasis. Perfect for the non-research scientist.

By Alana A L d S

Aug 21, 2017

Amazing! The professors are truly out of this world, they don't even stutter!

By kay

Apr 29, 2020

This course is very informative, it enhances my knowledge about metastasis.

By aditya s h

Jun 11, 2017

exceptional..very good understanding of the subject matter. thank you team!

By Mary J S B

Apr 06, 2018

Soy estudiante de medicina. Mi primer curso en línea y muy padre. Gracias.

By Akbibi

Dec 24, 2016

Very clear explanation. Enjoyed watching and learning. Thank you the team!

By Vincent E A

Aug 29, 2017

It was a great course that is really comprehensive with regard to cancer.

By Max J

Jul 14, 2017

Just finish auditing the course. Very informative and I learned a lot :)

By Tahmina A T

The course is very helpful. The faculty members are so good and helpful