Back to Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact by Wesleyan University

I am an adult developmental psychologist by training and a career counselor by trade, currently the Director of the Gordon Career Center at Wesleyan University in Connecticut. In this course, I draw from my decades of experience as well as research from the fields of psychology, organizational behavior, and sociology to help you understand best practices for making career decisions. This content will help you develop the tools you need to make the right choices for you, from deciding an area of study to exploring potential lines of work to pursue—and knowing when to pivot at any time in your career....

JC

Feb 02, 2019

Very very insightful and thought provoking, really helps to open my mind to the career decisions that I make and will make in the future. Highly recommended

CC

This course impacted greatly in me. I learnt a lot that can help anyone in life from this course. It is a really nice and helpful course,

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact

By Pip C

Jan 13, 2020

After module 2, to submit your assignment, you have to upgrade and pay, without this step it is not possible to continue the course.

By Rawikan K

Dec 13, 2018

I am so lucky that I found this course and decided to enroll. It is a life-changing course that one could learn from. Dr. Sharon provides the knowledge from different perspectives not limited only in the filed of psychology but also sociology as well, so it makes this course so valuable and important for people to understand how people make their career decisions or how they define their success in life.

By Srinivasan V

Jun 09, 2020

Very interesting insights on Career Choices. This course gives an opportunity for individuals to introspect and understand where they stand in their World of Work. I would recommend this course for all young professionals who get a feeling that they are not getting the best out of their professional lives. The course does not provide any solutions but does provide some pointers towards

By Shubham S

May 04, 2020

The Course is really Insightful and Interesting, it helped me analyze my inner potentials and how one can turn there passion into a Profession. It has a blend of both theoretical and Practical approach towards ones career development.

By Maram

Nov 27, 2018

I don't know why I didn't watch this before! This was an excellent course, it answers so many questions, and made it clear to make a career decision. If you feel confused, and don't know what to do next this course is for you.

By Annika D

Jul 06, 2019

helpful first step

By Lina H

Jan 21, 2020

The course is interesting but Each video is a bit long. The problem is her explanation is hard to understand. She talks for so long about her, then her family and then blah blah blah, then into theory and at the end, end with no conclusion (no coherence). I go confused most of time. Sometimes she uses unnecessary technical words.

By Kerry H

Apr 23, 2019

A really fascinating and useful course - it has not only helped me to start asking myself some of the right questions, but to step back and reflect on / assess some of the less conscious influences that got me to where I am and break down the actions I need to take to move myself forward in a more conscious and meaningful way. I haven't worked out exactly what is next, but I have some great tools to work with and in particular, I am finding the Design Thinking concepts to be a great mechanism for applying system 2 thinking (interestingly, not my first time using this approach, but applying it to 'me' is a whole new direction!). I also loved the overlaps into thinking about how we learn and mindset. Further, I see linkages into positive psychology/wellbeing.

By jimmy c

Feb 02, 2019

By Chuks-Osuji C

By NWEKE C S

Jun 30, 2020

It has been a great opportunity participating in this course I really learnt a lot and I hope to continue learning.

By yussuff a r

Jun 26, 2020

it is a very great course, with a lot of educative things that will impact your life positively.

By Opufou O J

Jul 01, 2020

THE COURSE HAS REMINDED ME ABOUT PROCEDURES AND DECISIONS TO MAKE WHEN CHOOSING A CAREER

By Odimayo G A

Jun 30, 2020

A great course that would open your mind to different options! Thank you Dr. Castonguay!

By Prakhar P

Aug 22, 2018

A course with the best content on the topic. Great presentation and effective exercises.

By L. M

Jan 06, 2020

Extremely helpful with helping stop and take a look inside. Thank You!

By nwosu i s

Jul 01, 2020

this course has really opened my mind to a lot of perspective

By OKUDU D T

Jun 30, 2020

Career decision was indeed the type type to ever read

By Mojolaoluwa f

Jun 30, 2020

it is a great course every student must enroll for.

By umezinne c G

Jul 01, 2020

this course has help me in my decisions in life

By Avoseh H M

Jun 30, 2020

This has been very enlightening and helpful

By Blanca S A

This is an amazing course!!! the best!!!

By AKIN-ADESINA A D

Jul 02, 2020

It was an amazing course

By Tasia E