Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

GT
Oct 26, 2020

This is the excellent course to understand the job seeking process and enhance English skill which is especially related with the job hunting. I recommend to take this course for non-English speakers.

KA
May 3, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

276 - 300 of 4,140 Reviews for English for Career Development

By liliya

Jun 7, 2020

This course was Great! I learned a lot, improved my English. The teachers are Excellent! They explained the course material so easily and clearly! I am really thank the teachers and the whole team of this course. Thank you for taking this course, I was very interesting and informative!

By Mouhamadou M D

May 3, 2020

It was a very interesting experience that helped me perform my english level. The same time to fix some knowledge I learned once in early this year such as writing an English cover letter and a resume. It helped me get new skills like networking and make myself visible in social medias.

By Li H

Aug 15, 2017

This is a very useful and professional course. It helped me a lot during the process of finding a new job. And the two professors are very kind and considerate. They teach in as simple English as possible. This enable us (foreign students) understand the course better. Thanks very much.

By Nuha F

Apr 1, 2018

This is really helpful for a fresh graduate and non English native speaker like me. The concept of peer review assignment is also very good, because we can receive feedback from other people, so we can know our limitation and get ride of it. For a free course, this is totally worth it.

By Lic. A S V l V

Sep 27, 2020

The structure of the course was simple and easy to follow. time requirements were moderate and simple. one should take more courses like this since they provide experience and make us understand situations and cultural differences in an easy way. Thank you so much for your input!!!

By Somying S

May 17, 2021

This course's very useful course for basic learning, you don't have to be fluent in English but you still understand well. It well provides videos for better understanding. Apart from that, there are exams like quizzes, games, video recordings, reviews of classmates' work, and so on.

By Cynthia V R

Oct 25, 2020

It was really complete and helpful. The videos are very understandable and illustrative. I think the best tool in this course are the different examples of the resumes and cover letters, they give you an incredible orientation to write your own. I liked so much the course, thank you.

By Axel I M B

Feb 6, 2020

muy bueno el curso e interactivo, diferente a otros que había tomado en otras plataformas, pero creo en lo personas que hay que tener un nivel intermedio o básico avanzado como para poder realizar este curso no obstante ello ha sido uno de los mejores cursos que he tomado hasta ahora

By Anthony V B

Mar 29, 2020

I learned a lot from the professors and instructors of UPenn. I believe, with what I learned from this course, I can be able to compete with other applicants as this course helped me to build foundation skills of career development. Thank you University of Pennsylvania and Coursera!

By Rohullah H

Mar 25, 2018

I would like to extend my appreciation from this huge course . I really appreciation it , and beside that this course has been amazing and informative especial for myself , I have got many useful things as well as it make me able to face with any problems ,

this course is tap notch

By Diana G C G

Jan 15, 2021

I hihgly recommend this course. I learned about many things that i didn´t know it could be help me to improve my comunication skills specially when searching a good job. The instructors are excellent and very professional and all of the activities are very appropiate to learn more.

By Sumit B

Sep 27, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The videos, readings, quizzes and games were very informative, clear and helpful. I hope that other users enjoyed the course as much as I did and Teachers are To good, the way of explain topics its pretty cool, Thankyou teachers for your guidance.

By MUNENORI S

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you for your wonderful learning experience.

The English spoken by the two teachers is very easy to hear,

I was able to learn in a familiar, fun and game-like way.

It was a very good rehabilitation for me who was away from English.

I would like to continue to enjoy learning.

By Hashini N

Sep 12, 2021

It was a really interesting and Well designed course . I learned a lot that will help me to develop my career in the future. The teacher's teaching was very clear and direct and easy to understand. I recommend this course to all who want to build their career path with English.

By Norah A V R

Aug 1, 2020

Realmente me abrió los ojos , no pensé que detrás del proceso de aplicación a un puesto laboral ; habría toda una maquinaria con cada fase tan engranada . Definitivamente después de este curso , mis aplicaciones a un trabajo se han vuelto más sistemáticas y técnicas. Me encantó.

By Zohora A M

Jul 27, 2020

It is a great platform to learn about something and obtain a great skill. I am very greatful to the entire team. They teach in the easiest way and very make the concepts clear. It would be great if the certificates are free for them who can not effort to purchase . Thank you.

By Shravani D

May 23, 2020

It was great course.I am happy that i decided to enroll for this course.It gives you the steps of getting a job very efficiently.The quizzes and puzzles motivated me to stay focussed and helped to move ahead.They give you the samples so that we can clearly understand what to do.

By Luiz A G

Apr 27, 2021

Wonderfull course, very objective, very well explained covering all aspects of how to write a resume and a cover letter to increase the opportunities to be succesfull in a job search. Congratulations for the teachers and all the staff who made the course available in the MOOCS;

By Taryn

May 3, 2020

Thank you for this course. When I look back at my old resume, I can't believe I ever got a job using it.

This new and improved resume is great, and I feel so much more confident handing it out to employers. Thank you for all the helpful tips, they will definitely come in handy.

By Juan J Y

Jun 19, 2021

Realmente me gusto el curso. Aprendes sobre la cultura de contratación en U.S. y como desarrollar tu carrera profesional estes donde estes.

I really like this course. You learn a lot about the hiring culture in the U.S. and how can you develop your profesional carrier anywhere.

By MILTON C

Jul 20, 2020

Excelente curso, muy bien organizado y de muchísima calidad audiovisual y comunicativa. Además, tiene la particularidad de ser muy pragmático , porque el estudiante puede actualizar su hoja de vida laboral y un panorama muy claro del proceso para ingresar al mundo del trabajo.

By Silvia X

Jun 9, 2020

I really liked it. I learned English when I was young. So the course helped me to remember a lot of things and the most important thing: learn new ones. In the end I learned how to write my resume, cover letter, apply for a job and behave during a job interview. Thanks a lot!

By Karina L M R

Feb 7, 2021

the best English course I have taken, it helped me to see from another perspective the future work situations, and how to answer the questions of the job interviews, where I realized that no matter the country where you live, they are almost always based on the same process.

By Ishtiaq A

Jan 2, 2021

This Course is amazing to improve your Resume Writing, Cover Letter, Your Career Goals and Most Importantly The Coaches are Best at their profession.

They have explained every aspect of the course and cover all the possibilities you can face Before and during a Job Interview.

By Raman J

Jun 23, 2020

It is very good course and helps in ways to prepare professional resume , cover letter . One also learn about Building professional relationship , gain knowledge about an elevator speech and small talk. Also gain knowledge about Interview preparedness etc...... fine course.