Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

EB
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

R
Jul 20, 2020

AN EXCELLENT COURSE. THE TEACHERS ARE OUT STANDING. THERE IS A CLARITY OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IN THE TEACHERS. EVERY ONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR JOB SHOULD DO THIS COURSE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM.

3151 - 3175 of 3,417 Reviews for English for Career Development

By vijaya r

Aug 1, 2020

A GREAT AND ENJOYABLE COURSE BUT THEY COULD'VE INCLUDED MORE OF REAL-LIFE DRAMAS LIKE IN THE LAST 3 VIDEOS :) TO MAKE IT MORE ENTERTAINING...

By ravi c

Jun 9, 2020

IN THIS COURSE I LEARN MORE DEEP ABOUT MAKING RESUME , COVER LATER.A;SO I FOUND NEW TRICK TO CRACK JOB INTERVIEW.NETWORKING PART WAS GREAT .

By oankar p

Oct 24, 2020

It was really nice course . I learned new skills which i can add in my resume and the guidance for career development was absolutely good.

By mohammed k t

Oct 21, 2020

it is great experience and have many information that's developed and raise my vision and language

thanks for teacher and for coursera team

By Priyanka N

The content was easy to understand and learn. I feel so lucky to study with Excellent Professors. Thanks for giving us your valuable time.

By Elisa B

Sep 29, 2020

I liked that they explain the topics in a simple and completely understandable way, including examples, making it more dynamic.

Thank you!

By Deepika R

Sep 25, 2020

I really had good time learning this course. I gained more knowledge regarding how to search job and everything related to job interview.

By Kishore B K

May 5, 2020

this course is very useful for the beginners and by the end of the course the individual becomes professional in attending the interview.

By darshan s

May 6, 2020

Really, It is an amazing course for career development and I also learned many of the things to build my career in a professional way.

By Euisuk j

Mar 22, 2019

Good good good, if you are looking for a work, would recommend this course for effective job searching in job market wherever you are.

By Javier V

Feb 3, 2018

It's a good course to train speaking english and learn to write a cover letter, a resume, and to prepare an interview. Good teachers.

By ARAVINDA R G

Feb 14, 2020

The course is good. But in video assignment it is somewhat difficult, if the assignment is in the form of writing it is more good.

By Ankit D

Apr 24, 2020

It was great experience to attend this course. Course instructor had thought everything very nicely and clearly. Thank you :) .

By Ekta N

Jul 2, 2020

I've gain so much knowledge with this course and my skill is more develop with this. Thanks to educate and develope our skills.

By Houman G K

Jun 12, 2020

This course was very good and useful for everyone who wants to have the knowledge of communication in network and interviewing

By Mihir T

May 14, 2020

Very useful and strongly informative course. The modules are planned minutely and video and readings are up to the bench mark.

By Tereza

Apr 8, 2020

I think the course is great but maybe not challenging enough. I think you should market it as a course for English beginners.

By Cynthia r

Nov 11, 2018

This course help me a lot to understand the changing process in the work market.it is a great course and i recommended a lot!

By Pyaephyo K

May 5, 2017

This course is very helpful for recent graduate and also those who want to improve their career goal and want to work in U.S.

By Anastasia

Apr 22, 2020

I found the course very funny and helpful, I learned new terms and I understood better the recruiting process in US. Thnaks!

By Neha

Aug 21, 2020

Thank you so much our instructors . I really enjoyed this course. This course is useful for everyone . So thank you again.

By Fadma a

Oct 9, 2019

مع انب لا افهم كثيرا اللغة الانجليزية الا اني استعين بالترجنة واشعر بالاستمتاع في تلقي الكورس انا ممتنة جدا لهذا البرنامج.

By Yun

Jun 15, 2020

It helped me learn how to prepare for the job interview and be professional.

It's easier than I thought before starting.

By Thant T M

Got the pleasing result and knowledge by the time giving on this course.appreciate to University of Pennsylvania team!

By Sejal A

May 3, 2020

I learnt so many things from this assessment.

Thanks for this teaching. This assignment help me alot in my whole life.