Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

GT
Oct 26, 2020

This is the excellent course to understand the job seeking process and enhance English skill which is especially related with the job hunting. I recommend to take this course for non-English speakers.

KA
May 3, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

326 - 350 of 4,116 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Oswaldo A T R

Jul 10, 2021

Yo quiero felicitar a los creadores de este curso, así también como a los expositores encargados de su implementación. Ha sido muy fácil aprender con ustedes de una manera muy profesional por la forma en que todas las temáticas fueron impartidas durante el curso.

By Orlando J

Excellent course. I do recommend it. Specially both instructors. I love the way both of them make their self clear at every slide. Also their body language , very assertive and effective. Thank you, so much. I do appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

Orlando Jayes

By Maryna B

Mar 7, 2021

Thank you for interesting course! English speech by tutors was so clear and understandable. The articles in every units were current news about the achievements or useful advises. And I could to choose Basic or Advanced English levels of those units for reading.

By Dr P D

Dec 20, 2020

Reading materials are excellent. The content is Very well illustrated with examples. Videos are very useful and appropriately used. Quizes and assisgnemnts are thoughtfully desigend. Overall, this is an excellent course and appreciate the effort by the faculty.

By Sadia N

Jul 8, 2020

By this course, People can learn a lot of enormous knowledge about writing resume, cover letter and facing interview to cope with the adverse situation in job field.

I learn a lot a things by doing this course and can do work in better ways to face my job field.

By Dr. G K D

Jun 9, 2020

This an overwhelming experience. I appreciate that there has never been a compromise on quality. Video lectures and assignments have been really very useful. I increased my general awareness too through the content shared during the course. Strongly recommended.

By Cheryl S

Apr 9, 2021

The course was informative and I totally enjoyed the lessons learned. I have become more confident in my approach to job seeking and completing documents such as Resume and Cover Letters.

I look forward to using this knowledge to better develop myself

Thank you.

By Manjunatha S K

Jul 25, 2020

This course is really wonderful for the job seekers. Grammar is also kept to the level of Job interviews and not dragged with useless videos. I am happy that I learned plenty of things like writing a cover letter and answering a few typical interview questions.

By Yani R A

Jul 2, 2020

Too many most important things I learned about English Career Development and it made me understood everything I learned. I believe by this course, I will get the best job in my future endeavors. Thank you Coursera, Thank You for The University of Pennsylvania.

By Tiago M d O A

I loved being part of this course! I wanted to have this course because I wanted to know how to process of Job Searching works in the United States, the country of my dreams! Now I know how it works and how I can be prepared to a new job opportunity. Thank you!

By Jairo V D P

Jul 2, 2019

Unit 1: Assessment 2: Comparison of the Job Search Process. There is not chance for written answer. My video camera failed in my lap top. I will try to send from my phone. That is my point without solving. I finished all units. Thank you. Jairo Vicente Delgado.

By Hivda Z

Oct 26, 2020

And I have received my certificate successfully. This course taught me a lot. Even though I have never done a job, I now know how to find a job in the international field and what I have to do in this process.Thank you for everything.This course was wonderful.

By Rupesh K

Oct 10, 2020

I liked the online class videos ,quiz, assignment and reading material . The course teachers explained the details very well and content explained by them is very informative for learners .The teachers taught step by step which is good for new learner like me.

By Franco G G A

The course deals well with the main topics it offers, I was able to complement my knowledge of English and I was able to better understand certain things in which I had doubts. I have already recommended this course to my friends. Thank you for this good work.

By Tamara S S

Mar 23, 2021

Amazing teaching, with a clear and beautifull well spoken speech, inclusive; with all types of work examples and people around the world (this course represent the beauty of our real and diverse world) . I am incredibly thankfull for this free English course.

By Adela T

Oct 19, 2020

English for Career development has an easy and effective way of teaching. I learnt style of writing resume and cover letter. This course is must for job searchers and job seekers. I liked the teachers and is grateful to them. I enjoyed learning this course.

By Sohini S

May 28, 2021

This unique course has two amazing instructors who imparted the best kind of learning any learner can vouch for. Unlike other short course references, this course truly helped me revamp my resume and improve my skills with interviewing. Thank you :) - Sohini

By Yogalingam P

Well designed course, i received proper idea to face future job interviews from preparing resume to attending interview. Also learned how to utilize the skill of language proficiency in English to success to process. Appreciation to American Center - Colombo

By Giovanny A G P

Sep 21, 2020

It is a very good course that helps you structure your resume your cover letter. teaches you grammar tips to be able to structure these documents in the best way, covers all stages of the hiring process and how you should spend in each one very good course

By Irine F H

Jun 14, 2021

I was greatly helped in developing my skills in writing job applications. So I managed to make a job application like a professional. I just learned about writing the right way, choosing the right words, and tips and tricks on finding legal job vacancies.

By Eloysa M

Sep 11, 2020

I really like the course, each video was very clear and descriptive in order to understand each topic. The examples were helpful to create my own resume and cover letter. I have an idea what should be to have a interview. What to do and don't. Thank you!

By Черняк Е

Jan 9, 2021

I've very enjoyed to study at this course. It helped me to understand what job would fit me and where I could give the best results. I wrote my resume, cover letter and understood how to pass the interview. I'm very appreciate to teachers and university.

By Tohid M

Oct 11, 2020

Excellent course for those who are looking for a job in an English-speaking country. The course provides you with everything you need to enter a job from the job-seeking process to writing a resume and doing great in an interview. Absolutely recommended!

By ko

Feb 2, 2019

Thank you for such a precious opportunity!! I have had different experiences in my resume and went through many interviews, nevertheless the information was useful and new for me. Video hometasks is a taugh thing but it is make a big sense! Thank you!!!!

By Atul H

May 29, 2021

I would like to thank all team. During the course I really enjoyed and l learned a lot of knowledge about career development. The course is very helpful for every job seekers and everyone must be enrolled this course so early. Thank you so much again.