Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

GT
Oct 26, 2020

This is the excellent course to understand the job seeking process and enhance English skill which is especially related with the job hunting. I recommend to take this course for non-English speakers.

KA
May 3, 2021

I enjoyed this Course English for Career Development and learnt a lot .The instructor were so helpful and proactive that it was easy for me to learn and I was able to reach clear all the assignment ..

351 - 375 of 4,120 Reviews for English for Career Development

By JUAN C F F

Jan 29, 2019

Excellent all program helped me to improve my English skills. thank you and I wonder if possible for the next courses take contact via cellphone or internet to finish interview with the instructor I think it would be a good way to assess the students .

By Fitrianasari

Apr 28, 2021

ENGLISH FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT for me has been very valuable, such as learning to correctly write a CV and a cover letter, its different forms and styles, at first glance it may seem easy but doing it properly requires learning and doing it correctly

By Irfa A

Apr 19, 2020

I would like to tell that it is the best course to learn some skills which are necessary to learn for the job-seeking process. this course helps me to make my rasume and cover letter more attractive. also tells some useful techniques for the interview.

By Cholpon

Nov 25, 2020

I have learnt how to write professional looking resume and cover letter, studied the recruiting requirements in USA. Also got familiar with common questions asked during the interview and inappropriate list of questions that is also important to know.

By Yashwanth.A

Jul 1, 2020

It was really amazing!! Before joining the course I was very unprofessional and doesn't know many things about career development and professional talking. By the end of this course, I'm well confident now to decide what's right for my future goals...

By Taciana d C O

Mar 4, 2021

The professors were great, dynamic, fun, it was easy to understand their explanations. The content was amazing! Besides learning about job process in USA, all the tips I got here were amazing and they'll definitely help me as a job seeker. Thank you!

By Igo V A M

Jan 4, 2021

O curso foi muito rico, não é nem um pouco cansativo e te prepara nas bases para entender não só a se preparar melhor para possíveis vagas de emprego, como também dá dicas importantes de comportamento e noções sobre o inglês para o mundo do trabalho.

By Rose L D l C

Nov 26, 2020

The course is very comprehensive and easy to understand. The videos are very helpful as well as the reading articles. I thought I will have a hard time with this one but topics and lessons are discussed well. Thank you. I learned a lot in the course.

By Lazazga C E

Aug 31, 2020

It was an amazing experience, very rich of new information that is very crucial and valuable, also givning important examples and clarifications, great performance by the instructors. I really loved having enrolled in this course Thank you very much.

By PUSHPENDER

Jun 26, 2020

I was very happy to study these courses. this course helps me to understand the interview process in the U.S.A because Thank you So Much for All of those involved in this course. especially Google to find such a great course. again thank you so much.

By yasser h

May 16, 2020

great course, taught by a great professors, this course helped me a lot for improving my English skills, and also for been more professional at Job search process from writing resume and cover letter to doing the Job interview, thanks for this effort

By Dea R

Feb 3, 2021

This is a great courses. In this course I learn many things that can help me to improve my career. It also help me to make my own resume and cover letter. The Instructures are very clearly when explain the topic of this course. Excellent. Thank you.

By Claudia U

Sep 26, 2020

Excelent!!! very good teachers, the way they transmit all their knowledge, the way to speak that makes themself understood. a clear, direct and very complete course for the labor industry. thank you for make me feel so comfortable i learned a lot.

By Israa S

Jun 30, 2020

c'est une formation géniale pour moi. j'ai acquis plusieurs choses. j'ai appris comment faire un résumé et une lettre de motivation et comment passer mon interview. et le plus important c'est que j'ai même perfectionner mon English. Bravo l'équipe .

By Marcelo D

Jun 1, 2020

Very interesting, I learned many tips that will surely be useful in new job searches , I identified and I could enrich myself whit new words in english .I only have to thanks the possibility of taking the course ,a cordial greating and again thanks

By RIMI ⟬

Jul 2, 2021

I had no idea how to write a proper resume before doing this course. Both the teachers were amazing at explaining. I got to learn so many new things and terms from them. Thank you so much for designing this course. It was really helpful, Thank you.

By Kayra V L G

Jun 25, 2021

This course is really amazing, it supports all the professional details and how to prepare yourself for the professional world and how you can be prepare in order to get a job. At the same time, I learned how to do perfectly a resume and a good CV.

By Diana A

Jun 19, 2020

It's one of the best courses I've ever passed. This course fits to any English level and it's perfect. The course consists lots of useful information that I've already started to keep and use it in my life! Thank you very much for such perfect job!

By M E

Jun 5, 2020

I apreciated to participate in this Mooc, it changed a lot of my ideas about many aspects about learning human great career potentials, and added new and important english development and job hunt techniques.

Big Thanks for the teams' great efforts

By Lizz I

Apr 23, 2020

The videos and quizzes very well done.

Excellent teacher speakers.

Very well guided peer grading instructions.

Los vídeos y cuestionarios muy bien hechos.

Profesores excelentes oradores.

Instrucciones para calificaciones por compañeros muy bien guiadas.

By Jean d D N

Jan 17, 2021

I feel like retrieving all my applications from places I sent them before this course. If I get chance to see another job advertisement, I will stand out. This course has helped me gain a lot of skills. Thank you so much for availing this course.

By Zuhran A

Nov 9, 2020

It was such a woderful experience having this course. This course is full of knowledge for professional development. I learned a lot and I'm sure that this knowledge will help me a lot in future. Lastly a huge thanks to both instructors. Cheers🎉

By Gautam J

Aug 29, 2020

Thanks to Coursera team

And provide me best opportunity to learn English skill

In this course I learnt Resume writing, cover letter writing, Networking elevator speech writing , Interviewing and Entering the job market.

Again Ithank to Coursera team

Jul 20, 2020

English for Career Development is a well organized career development course. I would recommend this course to everyone, including those, who have completed their education in the English medium and also to those, who are good at learning English.

By LOTIS M S P

Nov 24, 2016

This course has taught me very well about developing my career skills. I highly encourage everyone to also take this course and learn what I've learned. To my teachers and classmates, thank you so much. I couldn't have done this without your help.