Back to The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Truth About Cats and Dogs by The University of Edinburgh

What is your cat revealing to you when she purrs? What is your dog expressing when he yawns or wags his tail? Understanding your cat and dog’s behaviour and the way they communicate with you, will enable you to better understand their needs and strengthen your relationship with them. This MOOC is divided into five topics, the appliance of science; behaviour and body language, senses and perception; challenges for the human-animal relationship, including pet problem behaviour; and how to improve the quality of life for cats and dogs in our care. At the start of the course we ask you to consider what you feel is important to your cat/dog and what your cat/dog means to you? We explore the world of cats and dogs and how our relationships with them vary around the world and have changed over time. We ask if we can really know what our animals are thinking or trying to communicate through their facial expressions and behaviours. From our beloved pets to street dogs, shelter dogs/cats and welfare challenges, we explore the world from their perspective and examine how their genetic make-up may influence their behavioural responses and choices. We dispel common behavioural myths by looking through a scientific lens, asking questions about the function and development of their behaviour.. We explore how their senses help them to interact with their world and how they communicate with each other and us! Finally, we ask whether we impose unrealistic expectations on our cats and dogs and how this affects their ability to live alongside us. We ask, what can we do to be more responsible pet owners and to ensure the welfare of all cats and dogs in society? This MOOC explores different scientifically validated methods that can help you to better understand your pet, to enrich their lives and help you to be a more educated and confident pet owner. We hope you enjoy the course!...

HR

Mar 27, 2020

I learned so much about how to decrease stress for my pets and increase their happiness. I also learned how to better communicate with them. Thank you for helping improve my pets quality of life!

MB

Dec 07, 2019

I am enjoying this course and am learning quite a bit. Behavior is one of my main interests as a trainer as I think understanding it helps to design training and living programs for the animal.

101 - 125 of 221 Reviews for The Truth About Cats and Dogs

By Cris V

Nov 12, 2019

I loved it. A very complete and helpful course. Thanks, guys. You're amazing.

By hasan ö

Feb 18, 2020

basic main thing about cat and dog have told us and i m verry happy to learn

By JOHN Q

May 06, 2017

THOROUGHLY ENJOYED COURSE, LEARNING MANY THINGS I'D NEVER THOUGHT OF BEFORE.

By Nikki M

Nov 09, 2017

Excellent course for veterinary professionals and the general public ali

By Nisargaa T

Oct 17, 2017

This course is a very great course for all dog and cat lovers worldwide.

By Gabriela B

Jan 28, 2018

Really good course!! It was great to learn so many things. Thank you!!

By jacqueline d b

N

D

By Lucinda P

Apr 30, 2018

Great and informative course. Really useful and enjoyable to complete

By Anna R

Mar 08, 2020

Great course, I learned a lot so I can help my pets more. Thank you.

By Maciej K

Nov 16, 2017

thank you for this course, it made me more aware of needs of my cat

By mohamed m

Sep 05, 2019

الدوره سلسه جدا واستفادت منها كتير جدا شكرا على العمل الرائع ده

By Sadaf

Aug 26, 2017

this was just an awesome course having a lot of info about pets

By Sarah P

Oct 16, 2018

Very informative and enjoyable, recommend it to all pet owners

By Aisling H

Jul 19, 2017

very informative, well laid out and easy to understand course.

By Elyana M L S

Apr 03, 2020

Excelente curso, direto e com muitas informações importantes.

By Herbaut J P M

Jun 30, 2019

Thanks You very much for this good expérience !

Herbaut Julien

By Priya A M

Jun 14, 2017

Excellent course! I think it's a must for any cat/dog owner.

By Shiny R

Mar 23, 2019

i learn a lot from this online course and it really helpful

By Aga P

Oct 09, 2017

Great course!!! For all cats and dogs owners and lovers!!!!

By Merle M F

Jun 30, 2019

A very good material with a lot of understanding.

By Yin Z

Sep 15, 2017

Basic knowledge for pets and pets' owners. Great to know.

By Patricia D

Mar 25, 2018

Really interresting with a lot of important informations

By Katia S

Jun 15, 2017

Very interesting course. A must take for pet companions

By Sergio E

Apr 01, 2020

Very educational, easy to follow and well structured.

By Lucy M

Nov 27, 2019

I love animals and this course really made understand