Back to The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Truth About Cats and Dogs by The University of Edinburgh

What is your cat revealing to you when she purrs? What is your dog expressing when he yawns or wags his tail? Understanding your cat and dog’s behaviour and the way they communicate with you, will enable you to better understand their needs and strengthen your relationship with them. This MOOC is divided into five topics, the appliance of science; behaviour and body language, senses and perception; challenges for the human-animal relationship, including pet problem behaviour; and how to improve the quality of life for cats and dogs in our care. At the start of the course we ask you to consider what you feel is important to your cat/dog and what your cat/dog means to you? We explore the world of cats and dogs and how our relationships with them vary around the world and have changed over time. We ask if we can really know what our animals are thinking or trying to communicate through their facial expressions and behaviours. From our beloved pets to street dogs, shelter dogs/cats and welfare challenges, we explore the world from their perspective and examine how their genetic make-up may influence their behavioural responses and choices. We dispel common behavioural myths by looking through a scientific lens, asking questions about the function and development of their behaviour.. We explore how their senses help them to interact with their world and how they communicate with each other and us! Finally, we ask whether we impose unrealistic expectations on our cats and dogs and how this affects their ability to live alongside us. We ask, what can we do to be more responsible pet owners and to ensure the welfare of all cats and dogs in society? This MOOC explores different scientifically validated methods that can help you to better understand your pet, to enrich their lives and help you to be a more educated and confident pet owner. We hope you enjoy the course!...

HR

Mar 27, 2020

I learned so much about how to decrease stress for my pets and increase their happiness. I also learned how to better communicate with them. Thank you for helping improve my pets quality of life!

JJ

May 02, 2020

I have had a variety of animal companions throughout my life, but this course has taught me that I could always benefit by staying up-to-date on the latest information related to animal welfare.

176 - 200 of 437 Reviews for The Truth About Cats and Dogs

By Deanna K H

Aug 08, 2017

This course gave me much insight into my cats and dogs in my life, and I thought I knew a lot already!

By Carrie D V

Jan 09, 2019

I have a greater appreciation for dogs and what we as humans mean to them and what they mean to us.

By Marina V

Oct 10, 2020

Incredible and very useful for every pet owner Actually I would recommend it before having the pet

By MR. P J

very good information and knowledge is gained and you will come to know very much about your pet.

By Victoria F

I really enjoyed this course. I found it interesting how we can impact the behaviors of our pets.

By Maymoonah B O

Feb 11, 2018

It was a very good course and I learnt things I didn't know about and the videos were very good

By Sansanee A

Oct 06, 2017

I enjoyed taking this course because it provides useful information that I can use with my pet.

By Shumya A

Oct 09, 2020

Thank you so much to coursera for this nice platform and cordially thanks to the moderators.

By Alfred C A

Aug 05, 2020

Very Informative and you can apply everything that you learn in giving your pets a happy life

By Pannuchit P

May 04, 2020

Very good course. As a dog trainer, it is worth to know everything about cat too. Now, the kn

By Lucille G V P

Jun 28, 2020

This is a really informative course. I learned a lot on how to better take care of our pets.

By Mohamed E

Oct 28, 2017

very great and fantastic course .... go on waiting more courses in animal clinical behavior

By Weronika K

Nov 01, 2017

Great course! ~Strongly recommend to everyone, who is interested in cats and dogs behaviour

By Sarah M

Jul 21, 2020

Really informative. I learnt so much and am going to encourage others to take this course.

By Ruchi M

Jun 28, 2020

Excellent course to understand the cats and dogs. The Trainers all of them are very good.

By Louise M

Mar 14, 2019

Loved this course, very interesting. I learned a lot about cats and dogs. Would recommend.

By Sally N

Dec 22, 2019

Thank you for another extremely informative and interesting course! Sally, South Africa

By YIP Y J W

Aug 15, 2018

Wonderful, amazing and totally worth every minute of my time going through this course.

By Paola R G

Jun 05, 2020

Un tema muy completo y fácil de entender para todos los amantes de los perros y gatos.

By ahmetsamievren

This course gave me a good perspective to understand cats and dog's behavior better.

By Paula A

Sep 05, 2020

i learned alot more than i thought i would i would, very helpful course. thank You

By Jutta M

May 07, 2020

It was interesting to learn new behavior for dogs and cats. Thank you very much.

By Mia L

Mar 25, 2020

I learned so much about my animals and the reasons on why they do certain things

By Maritza C I

Sep 27, 2020

Muy recomendable para iniciarnos en el mundo del bienestar de nuestras mascotas

By Shahatphong P

Jun 15, 2020

This course is very benefits for people who plan to have a pet. You can't miss.