Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

226 - 250 of 2,314 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By guoying

Dec 28, 2015

As a mother of a 5 years old kid,i found it so useful for my cooking.The course is easy to understand and conduct.The knowledge is very practical and the food introduced here are very healthy.Especially the freedom of the time.Thank you sooooo much!

By Elvira Q R

Aug 27, 2015

Me agrada este curso porque ofrece una opción didáctica práctica y sustentada en una propuesta de nutrición familiar integral. Felicitaciones y mi agradecimiento a la Dra. Maya Adam y a la Universidad de Stanford.

Respetuosamente

Elvira Quevedo Ramos

By Nadeesha M W

Apr 20, 2020

It's a really good course about the child nutrition and cooking as well as adults nutrition. I enjoyed very much on your cooking videos and cooking techniques. They are absolutely useful for me. Thank you very much for giving this knowledge to me.

By Charles d S

Aug 31, 2016

Video production was very good, and good balance of video and "blackboard". Also, a good balance of practical stuff (like how to cook healthy stuff) and theory (what is a mono-saccharide, and how do they combine to form di-saccarides). Well done!

By Angela M

May 14, 2019

The instructor was able to break down complex concepts into simple and elementary blocks of information through creative illustration, cooking demo videos, and discussions. This is by far the most enjoyable nutrition course I have taken to date.

By Leigh-Ann S

Jan 29, 2018

Excellent way to learn how to feed your child in a healthy way, and the reasons behind it. However, if you are somewhat educated/knowledgeable on the subjects of nutrition, cooking and sustainable eating, then you should probably give it a miss.

By Suzanne W

Sep 22, 2020

This was a great course to participate in. I have recently been employed as a Food & Nutrition Program Assistant for EFNEP. There was a lot of great information that I learned, such as recipe demonstrations and ways to help kids eat healthier.

By Marie

Aug 5, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course. Ive already incorporated a lot of the recipes discussed in the course with my 18 month old with a good success rate. As someone who grew up with unhealthy eating habits I appreciate how approachable this class was.

By María d C L L

Jan 18, 2016

Un curso realmente bueno sobre nutrición infantil. Lo recomiendo a todas las madres. Es ameno, fácil de seguir y muy completo. Anima a meterse en la cocina para dar una buena alimentación a los peques y con ello cuidar su salud actual y futura.

By Amber H

Jan 28, 2016

This course is great for anyone looking to improve their health, but spectacular for anyone who needs a relatively quick lesson on nutrition for children - parents, grandparents, childcare providers, cooks. Seriously a great course for anyone!

By paula.amoretti@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2016

It is an excellent and easy way to have knowledge about food and nutrition to apply at home with your kids. I am grateful to Maya, she expresses herself very well and she shows she is an expert and a good mother.

I super recommend the course.

By Dejan D

Jan 25, 2016

This course is well thought out an very educational to any who attempt to give it a try. I applaud Maya, the course professor on her undeniably fantastic information and the way she teaches is easy to understand and even fun! Thank you Maya!

By Lisbeth L d R

Jan 21, 2018

Excelente curso, muy entretenido y te motiva a conocer mas sobre los alimentos, cuales deben ser considerados al momento de realizar las compras y cuales debemos evitar.

Enseña como motivar a nuestros niños a procurar una mejor alimentación

By Lina M

Aug 5, 2016

I'm not mother. I'm still a college student but, the course gave me a lot of tools to improve the quality and take care of the cooking at my home. I decided to take this course because of my dad, who has a heart disease. Thank you so much.

By Roshien J T A

Oct 2, 2015

I have no regrets at all in starting and ending this course! It is indeed a great motivation especially for me because I'm a semi-vegetarian and at the same time fond of organic food. I'll be always grateful to this learning experience! :)

By carlos d

Oct 2, 2020

gracias a todos los que hacen posible estos espacios.... me fue muy útil, ahora me siento mas tranquilo al momento de pensar en como realizar mercado y que cosas son mejores para nuestra salud... infinitas gracias.... un amor la profe :D

By Christi B

I really enjoyed this course and have suggested this course to my manager at my agency, Head Start, so she can suggest to the other cooks to take this course. There are so many viewpoints that I agree with 100%!!

Thank you so very much!

By Katrina P

Dec 31, 2019

This is a great course for anyone who is studying nutrition and wants to teach others how to make simple habits stick for families to eat better. It's also great for families to take to learn steps and background on healthy eating habits.

By María A R P

Feb 10, 2019

Maya is very good at summarizing information and describes it very clearly, particularly when she writes and draws in a blackboard. I also liked the recepies and the way she involves her kids in cooking and collecting things for cooking.

By Ronalda S B

Nov 1, 2015

Definitely gave me and my the friends I've recommended to do this course, some well needed information. I must add that the recipes were easy simple and very much fun!! If there was a part two for this course, I would definitely sign up!

By Haris I

Jan 5, 2021

Loved the course, very easy to follow , lots to learn, to the point, and professor has a very pleasant personality. I would definitely recommend this course to new parents and would take another course from the same

professor. Thank tou!

By João V K T

Aug 30, 2020

This course teachs me how to feed well and how to teach children to eat well and tecnics to them be more propense to eat all the foods and be healthy. I love how it can be simple and very interesting to do! Thanks for this free course!

By Мосейчук Н А

Jun 5, 2020

Thank you very much for an amazingly informative and very warm and heartfelt course! In every word there is love and care for children. I especially liked to watch the cooking demonstration after the theoretical block. Thank you again!

By Sean P B

Aug 14, 2015

Really informative, if every parent had taken this course before having children the world would be healthier. Also a great class for adult nutrition as well! Thanks for including recipes, I would love some more cooking demonstrations!

By Greidy L

The content is good. I would have liked more accurate or detailed information regarding product labels and also about allergies. The course covers the topics in a very general way, however, it is very useful and important information.