Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

176 - 200 of 2,223 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Govinda G

Jun 29, 2019

It is very helpful to get reliable information from authentic source. As there is so much misleading information shared by food companies. The best thing about this course is to practically demonstrate ( with recipes ) how healthy cooking is absolutely possible in the busy life style.

By Eduardo D V V

Oct 19, 2015

Great Course!! Very well explained, easy to understand and overall very useful information. I have learn a TON with this course and definitely i would recommend it to anyone concerned about their children nutrition.

It would be great to see a Child Nutrition and Cooking 2!

Great work.

By Abena Q

Mar 19, 2020

So well-explained and easy to understand. Its obvious the teacher tries to live in a way that matches her beliefs and values so it feels very real and down-to-earth. She makes you feel empowered to make small, yet significant changes in the way you cook, buy and eat food. Loved it!

By Greeshma

Apr 10, 2020

Loved the course! Highly recommend it to all new parents! Just like new parents are recommended to take child birth lessons, I think courses like these about child nutrition should also be recommended by doctors so there is widespread education on how to prevent childhood obesity.

By Janna H

Dec 25, 2016

I found this class to be doable with a 2-month-old infant. I enjoyed the reading. My older kids, ages 7 and 11 enjoyed the videos with me. The class helped our family have many great conversations about what we see at the grocery store and why we cook at home as much as we can.

By Franziska C

Jan 29, 2016

This was a very inspiring and motivating course. I changed the way of eating now and enjoy more fresh foods and vegetables. I also go to a food market once a week and take my child with me who enjoys a lot. Thank you very much for installing this course and sharing your knowledge.

By C B

Nov 2, 2015

My favorite parts from my course are when Mum Adams talks with us from her kitchen. It makes me feel like we are the kitchen together talking mom to mom. She is imparting helpful tips and tricks to be a good mom. The student was not as good at imparting that feeling of closeness.

By Maria E G

Aug 20, 2015

This is a course that shows, in a practical and funny way, fundamental nutrition concepts. I recommend to take it even if you do not have children, but you are interested into understand how our bodies processes food and how eating healthy could be easier than you ever imagined.

By MARIA V

Feb 8, 2016

Buenas tardes, retome nuevamente este excelente curso, soy vegana y me encanta la cocina. Agradeciendo los tips para dar buen sabor a los vegetales, y en general a la comida que preparamos.

Muchas gracias por ayudarnos a las personas que preparamos la comida saludable.

att. Pilar

By Yessica D

Aug 10, 2017

En lo personal, este curso es muy útil, no solo te ayuda a comprender elementos básicos de la nutrición, si no que además te enseña a preparar opciones saludables para ti y tu familia. Lo que más me gustó fue la forma como lo explican y también, lo visual que es todo el curso.

By Rafael S L

Oct 22, 2016

Excelent course, highly recomended for all parents that seek the best orientation on their childs nutrition. Is very simple and clear, but also the information is very complet, the videos quality is very good as also the content. Greetings from Monclova, Coahuila, in Mexico.

By Talia K

Apr 15, 2016

Maya is an inspiring teacher and mother. I also consider her an artist for the wonderful animations that accompany the course. Thank you for inviting me into your home and kitchen, and reinforcing my choices as a mother and a consumer. It was a fun and interesting experience!

By aisha d

Sep 2, 2015

I really enjoyed the passe and the visual stimulation. I appreciate that Dr. Maya Adam made the lecture personal by sharing her experiences and including her family in the videos. Thank you and I look forward to completing more courses especially if Dr. Adam is the presenter.

By Priti G

Aug 29, 2015

The course has completely changed my approach in cooking food for my kids and family. Kids are much more satisfied after each food and they don't reach out for junk food. Thanks for giving valuable information about food and this is going to stay with me for rest of my life.

By Holly P

Nov 24, 2015

This course gives you practical knowledge with regards to nutrition and cooking, its hard to tell if you fully completed the course and if its only completed after you've had 3 peer reviews done on your final project. There is no definite statement saying course completed.

By Paulina P

Aug 31, 2015

Very very interesting, and practical in home cooking for working mothers, , give important tips of nutrition about mixing food o all types, speaking of technical issues, video is very good quality, the teacher is clear, and production is very attractive and well created.

By Natzare A

Aug 27, 2017

Basico pero muy interesante el curso. Maya Adams transmite este afecto enseñando, y el compartir con sus hijos ha sido muy especial.

Basic but very interesting the course. Maya Adams conveys this affection by teaching, and sharing with her children has been very special.

By Gund W

Nov 16, 2015

Awesome and easy to follow for parents and people interested in food and nutrition. I recommend this course to people who are not even parents but just struggling with weight or nutrition issues as it´s well made, easy to follow and not too time consuming or deep. Thanks.

Aug 30, 2017

One of the best certificate programs I have invested my money into. The video tutorials helped me learn best. The lecture materials is easy to follow with the written notes on the screen. I would recommend this course for anyone interested in child nutrition and cooking!

By Lara M

Dec 3, 2015

This course is not only good and complete but necessary for all humans to watch, listen, learn and practice it in their day a day life. Kid's health is in our hands, and this course contains all the information we need to do the right thing with them. Thanks a lot!

By Mariela L

Oct 28, 2019

I loved the simple videos to watch and the simple language so it made it super easy to follow and understand, the recipes are also a great way to apply what we learned and I love all the good ideas to do with the kids! Thanks so much, I really enjoyed the course!!

By Yomna E N

Sep 26, 2019

Very very helpful and useful course, i have tried almost all the recipes and we lovvvve it so much.

I knew things i have never think about it.

I recommend this course for every one who want to learn about what he eat and for the benefit of his children and family.

By Evagelia P

Feb 7, 2019

I fulfilled the first 4 weeks, I still have one ahead, but I feel like putting a comment now! I found the course very interesting and highly motivating! I will try to practice more as a mother and I will also try to advise better as a Nutritionist. Thank you Maya