Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

RH
Sep 16, 2017

very useful and practical course.. it boosts my positive energy to cook more and more in healthy way for my baby coz much love=much healthy.. It inspired me, it's very simple , easy and very healthy..

2351 - 2375 of 2,394 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Yana M

Nov 10, 2015

It's good for people who are beginners in cooking.

By Ana R C

Feb 25, 2016

Too basic. No processed foods.. ok but what else?

By Rebecca D

Mar 2, 2017

Accurate , but very basic information.

By Tânia

May 30, 2016

doens't address the vegan lifestyle

By Mikala S

May 5, 2016

A bit american - but I like it!

By yazmin s

Jun 2, 2016

A

By Tiana R

Jun 6, 2016

First, I would like to say that with the exception of ONE exam, I was able to take all the tests WITHOUT WATCHING THE VIDEOS. That shows that this is a poorly put together course. Secondly, this course did NOT cover CHILD NUTRITION, it covered general nutrition. There was nothing helpful in regards to meal planning with children (although there was useful information in the Lunch Packing Video.) Although it claims the project at the end of the course is optional, it will not let me complete the course without doing the project. I find that extremely frustrating. This course offered a lot of great information (even if it was a weird combo of factual/opinionated) I was frustrated by the fact that this course is OBVIOUSLY geared towards the upper middle class/rich instead of the the everyday blue-collar family. I will do the project to complete the course but was very disappointed in my first course through Coursera.

By Sergiu N

Jan 2, 2016

Changed my mind after watching the cooking. The course on nutrition is just "ok" but the teacher has a very skewed idea about what "healthy cooking" really is and fails to present with reasons for her recipe choices.

Anyway I stopped watching the course, again, the nutritional part is fairly good but if you choose to continue the course at least make sure you keep searching for other points of view as well.

Best of luck.

By Emel E

Dec 8, 2020

Hello all, it was a lovely course. I am a vegan chef, photographer and mum. I hope they will convert the course with plant based ingredients. Please stop using and seeing animals as food. They are here with us not for us! It is not healthy to eat them. It is bad for us and bad for the planet. Thank you. Emel Ernalbant

By Hal A

Aug 13, 2015

Condescending, not backed up with evidence and preachy. Somewhere in there are some good ideas for making healthy food for kids but given I'm probably of similar politics to what they're pushing and I found it obnoxious I think they're alienating a lot of people. Must do better.

By Iva K

Jan 3, 2018

This cours is good for beginners. It´s nice to see videos and thing about what we have been cooking for our family and children. But I really appreciate deeper view into what is good for babies, infants. What should be the first meal they meet in their life.

By Ekaterina N

Oct 19, 2020

a verey-very simple course, I expected more from Standford. Not how to go to supermarket and wash cutting board after raw chicken.

Was expecting more stuff about difference in food at different age.

By Jennifer D

Mar 30, 2016

If you aren't familiar with cooking and nutrition this course is a good fit. However, if you have a bit of background in healthy eating, you may not get as much out of this course.

By Komathi B

Mar 20, 2019

Very basic course into child nutrition. Recipes were very basic too. Was hoping this course will cover on how to read labels especially e-numbers.

By Taire S

Very disappointing to see this professor using sugar in most of her meals for her children, and using olive oil in high temperature.

By Ana P

Sep 8, 2016

Was expecting a deeper unsdersting and knowledge of child nutrition and its impact in the health of little ones... too general.

By Silvia B

Aug 30, 2015

I found it very basic. There were lots of repetition. I was expecting something more in-depth. Loved the graphics though.

By Yang G

Feb 28, 2016

dunno wwhat's the point of making two separate courses with different names.. the content are fundamentally the same.

By Yurii S

Nov 28, 2019

There was literally only one module that had to deal with nutrition.

By Ernesto A F

Sep 11, 2015

It was too simple for my taste and not very fullfilling science wise

By M. F A