Back to Preventing Chronic Pain: A Human Systems Approach

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Preventing Chronic Pain: A Human Systems Approach by University of Minnesota

Chronic pain is at epidemic levels and has become the highest-cost condition in health care. This course uses evidence-based science with creative and experiential learning to better understand chronic pain conditions and how they can be prevented through self-management in our cognitive, behavioral, physical, emotional, spiritual, social, and environmental realms. The goal of this course is to blend creative, experiential, and evidence-based teaching strategies to help participants understand chronic pain conditions and how a human systems approach can be applied to self-management strategies to reduce risk factors, enhance protective factors, and prevent chronic pain. There are four major objectives to the course; 1. Describe the prevalence, personal impact, and health care dilemma associated with chronic pain. 2. Recognize the clinical characteristics and underlying etiology of several common pain conditions and the peripheral, central, and genetic mechanisms of chronic pain 3. Based on the literature associated with risk and protective factors in the seven realms of our lives, learn specific strategies in each realm that can be employed daily to prevent chronic pain and enhance wellness. 4. Appreciate the value of a human systems approach to health care and how it can provide a basis for integrative, interdisciplinary, and individualized care to preventing pain and enhancing wellness. CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT Health Care Professionals Health care professionals who participate in this CE activity may submit this certificate statement of participation to their appropriate accrediting organizations or state boards for consideration of credit. The participant is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education. Email your Coursera certificate statement of completion to your appropriate organization....

LL

This course has also made me self aware of my risk factors and how to improve my acute pain before it becomes chronic. It was very informative and rich in details and tools. Thank you.

JJ
Oct 29, 2020

very interesting perpective for both patients and healthcare workers- Once again highlighting the need for interprofessional teamwork that centers around the individual patient

26 - 50 of 94 Reviews for Preventing Chronic Pain: A Human Systems Approach

By SHINU V

Feb 4, 2021

Excellent course. This should be taught in undergraduate medical and allied health courses. Then probably we can see a change in the health care in the future and start implementing transformational change,

By K. S

Dec 18, 2020

I learned a great deal from this course, and applaud James Fricton and his team of medical professionals who all contributed their expertise and time in this generous opportunity to heal while learning.

By Pradip M

Aug 2, 2021

A very thorough discourse. All aspects have been covered. I can only hope that what has been accomplished here is more widely accepted & practiced. This course is too important to dismiss lightly.

By Lisa L

By JDeJong

Oct 30, 2020

By Georges F

Feb 7, 2021

This is an excellent and thorough course on how to manage chronic pain holistically, extremely satisfied and I highly recommended it to friends interested in this field.

By Ann M B

Apr 2, 2020

Powerful course, great information from a wide variety of sources covering many of the common chronic conditions. The emphasis on self care is really well promoted

By Anne M J

Nov 29, 2020

Good for a healthcare provider like me. Would recommend to any one with chronic pain to enroll and learn from this course. Would be really beneficial.

By Kamila Ś

Mar 20, 2020

An excellent, complete course that changed my view on how to live with fibromyalgia and severe chronic pain. Thank you very much for this group effort.

By Dom A

Jan 20, 2018

This program is helping me understand chronic pain better than I could from studying for years! I'm positive that this will make me a better provider.

By Cecile H

Aug 2, 2019

An excellent continuing education course for those who are health professionals interested in chronic pain. In depth material providing good value.

By Nicola J

Jun 26, 2018

I found this course very effective in helping me manage my persistent pain. The advice and self-help techniques were very illuminating.

By Carol S

Oct 11, 2017

Very informative! Lots of food for thought as a patient....need to redo the lessons again to fully digest it all. Well worth your time!

By Luis R H S O

Oct 28, 2018

it was amazng,. i learned loths of new concpets in matter of chronic pain and contraste them with acupuncture treatments therapies

By Marcella F

Comprehensive, though provoking, educational. Alternative treatment modalities with positive outcomes identified.

By Mansoor A

Aug 31, 2020

The course is very effective and has done justice to incorporarion of integrative medicine in pain management.

By Akeyo N

Aug 25, 2021

The course was eye opening for me. My experience of life changed the moment I registered for this course.

By Gabriela O

Aug 21, 2020

Very good course, I learned a lot and I'm definetly going to use those informations on my daily life

By Vishnu D P U

Jun 11, 2020

Very good course actuay I got alot of information about chronic pain and how to manage chronic pain

By maria t d c o

Aug 7, 2020

me gusto mucho,, todos muy profecionales en el tema , gracias no sabia de estos cursos en linea

By Harjit E L

May 12, 2021

Very interesting and informative. Lots of strategies for managing pain. Thank you.

By Daryl E

May 15, 2020

Excellent and easy to understand course that ANY healthcare provider should take.

By Dr. A K

Sep 12, 2020

Excellent course to improve skills in the management of chronic pain

By Eugenia C

Aug 29, 2020

Excellent !!! Indeed, a human approach to so human pain !

By Ernesto F V O

Sep 13, 2020

Excelente curso muy completo e interesante