Back to Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management by Lund University

This course looks at where important materials in products we use every day come from and how these materials can be used more efficiently, longer, and in closed loops. This is the aim of the Circular Economy, but it doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of choices and strategies by suppliers, designers, businesses, policymakers and all of us as consumers. In addition to providing many cases of managing materials for sustainability, the course also teaches skills and tools for analyzing circular business models and promotes development of your own ideas to become more involved in the transition to a Circular Economy. You will learn from expert researchers and practitioners from around Europe as they explain core elements and challenges in the transition to a circular economy over the course of 5 modules: Module 1: Materials. This module explores where materials come from, and builds a rationale for why society needs more circularity. Module 2: Circular Business Models. In this module circular business models are explored in-depth and a range of ways for business to create economic and social value are discussed. Module 3: Circular Design, Innovation and Assessment. This module presents topics like functional materials and eco-design as well as methods to assess environmental impacts. Module 4: Policies and Networks. This module explores the role of governments and networks and how policies and sharing best practices can enable the circular economy. Module 5: Circular Societies. This module examines new norms, forms of engagement, social systems, and institutions, needed by the circular economy and how we, as individuals, can help society become more circular. This course is brought to you by: LUND UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS (IIIEE) EIT RAWMATERIALS VITO GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF DENMARK AND GREENLAND NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS GHENT UNIVERSITY DELFT UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY...

MB
May 7, 2020

A great, detailed and informative course that I enjoyed learning about. Lund University you can do no wrong, from my semester spent on exchange in Lund to engaging with this fantastic MOOC! Thank you!

JE
Apr 19, 2020

Great course!\n\nSuper interesting and very accessible language. It's a good entrance door to keep learning about this really important topics.\n\nThanks for giving us the chance to have it for free.

1 - 25 of 176 Reviews for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

By Nicolas W

Jul 10, 2019

Enjoyed the broad range of topics and stimulating ideas to create a society that takes care of our finite resources, pollute less while aiming to keep our living standard

By anna b

Dec 31, 2019

This course gave so much food for thought, a multitude of ideas and a great perspective on the subject. I can't believe how brilliantly high the quality of the material, up to date and detailed information, how the course has been written, ease of understandability, skills and time of the high profile educators and diversity of speakers featured in the videos. You really made me feel that this area of knowledge was for me! Congratulations on a world-class short course. I enjoyed it immensely!

By Marta S B

Oct 16, 2020

Very comprehensive course. It bocomes more and more interesting as it develops. The case studies are very significative. If you have no idea of Circular Economy, this is your course.

By Aurora G

Feb 16, 2019

Very high quality information, well structured, with a lot of concrete examples. Overall, a very good course, fully recommend it!

By Arnaud L

Mar 14, 2019

Fantastic course starting from the very beginning and source of the problem.

It combines all key aspects and ask the right questions while proposing innovative solutions : technical/technological, economics, social, political and individual.

I recommend it to everyone, not only the "sustainable geeks".

I open my mind to think, act and speak circular. Its critical for our future on this beautiful planet!

By Peyman H R

Feb 9, 2020

I really enjoyed and learned during my study time. The course was high in quality and transferredthe important aspects in CE and the sustainability of materials.

I specially enjoyed the case studies and interviews with industrial attended in the course, their motives, innovations and models for a CE was really interesting and helpful.

Many thanks to the instructors and managing partners of the course.

By Anant D

May 6, 2019

This course is a must for anyone looking at a global view in terms of survival. Materials are becoming scarce, but we are consuming more. Soon, there won't be anything left to consume. Industries, governments, academia- everyone should be planning to implement respective stages of circular economy within their fields. This is the future. Else, there won't be a future left to thrive in.

By Julia S

Dec 27, 2019

This course was very well structured and very up to date when it comes to the materials and information used. I especially liked the fact that the course materials where coming from diverse and multidisciplinary actors but also appreciated the case study insights and analysis, the possibility of peer-assessed-assignments and participating in the discussion forums.

By Sandra C G

Feb 7, 2020

Fantastic course! Loved the different topics and subjects and how everything in this world is intimately related. Very useful for my professional and personal life because it deepened my understanding and knowledge about circularity and how to implement it. Thanks Lund University!

By Anastasia

Feb 17, 2019

I really enjoyed the composition of the course. Multiple sides of Circular Economy are touched in a very attractive and informative manner. The tasks are moderately demanding that makes the course more interesting.

Very well structured course and great knowledge shared! Thank you.

By Adrian L V

Aug 23, 2019

It was a great eye opener and inspiration to many strategies to move out economy towards circular models. This course will teach you how your professional background (eg. engineering, sociology, arts, any other) can be used to transition current systems into circular modules.

By Giulia P

Feb 18, 2019

This course is really interesting and well structured. It provides the attendants with useful skills, specific knowledge and help them to reason and deduce new solution about resources management, in order to support the transition to a global circular economy.

By Niina P

Feb 24, 2020

Great way of learning, great teachers. Next to insights and knowledge, the course gave me a lot of energy and hope to see these academics from diverse backgrounds AND my 6000+ co-learners from all parts of the world be passionate about the Circular Economy.

By Sabine V

Mar 31, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much. Competent, professional, lovely teachers, useful extra materials - I will surely get back to it sometime in the future. Thank you for creating this course, I am looking forward to trying other courses from Lund University.

By Kate R

Jul 12, 2019

Great course, definitey recommended. Goes into quite a detail on circular economy. Must admit, the begining was not easy as it gets quite technical about the raw materials. But later classes tie everything together very well.

By Mahdi T

Feb 8, 2020

Excellent course! To the point and informative lectures with lots of practical examples. I also liked the content diversity and format (i.e. educational lectures, follow your phone, case studies, etc.).

By Michelle B

May 8, 2020

By Jesus J S G

Jul 17, 2020

This course is an excellent opportunity to understand the key concepts of the Circular Economy, the new trends in achieving change, and the actions that are being taken worldwide to achieve it.

By José I M E

Apr 20, 2020

Great course!

Thanks for giving us the chance to have it for free.

By Jocelyne M E H

May 7, 2020

A complete overview of Circular Economy.

Very interesting part regarding Circular Business Models, metal and mining management as well as legislative framework.

Highly recommended.

By Keshav a K B

Dec 25, 2019

great course. thank you creators. god bless you. the light of truth or knowledge offered here shines brilliantly in such pervading darkness i am really surrounded by now.

By Sabine P

Jan 25, 2020

Great insights and change the way I think about circularity in the business. Recommend to everyone, since this is how the future business should look like.

By Karla L A C

Aug 23, 2019

It was such an enriching experience, I´ve learned a lot and I´m more into a circular economy.

I really recommend it.

By Blanca L

Aug 11, 2019

It is a great course as an introduction to the circular economy. For me was a great first step into the topic

By Andrés F

May 13, 2019

Great MOOC.

I had fun and enjoyed it.

The combination of lectures, videos and quizzes makes learning dynamic.