Back to Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management by Lund University

This course looks at where important materials in products we use every day come from and how these materials can be used more efficiently, longer, and in closed loops. This is the aim of the Circular Economy, but it doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of choices and strategies by suppliers, designers, businesses, policymakers and all of us as consumers. In addition to providing many cases of managing materials for sustainability, the course also teaches skills and tools for analyzing circular business models and promotes development of your own ideas to become more involved in the transition to a Circular Economy. You will learn from expert researchers and practitioners from around Europe as they explain core elements and challenges in the transition to a circular economy over the course of 5 modules: Module 1: Materials. This module explores where materials come from, and builds a rationale for why society needs more circularity. Module 2: Circular Business Models. In this module circular business models are explored in-depth and a range of ways for business to create economic and social value are discussed. Module 3: Circular Design, Innovation and Assessment. This module presents topics like functional materials and eco-design as well as methods to assess environmental impacts. Module 4: Policies and Networks. This module explores the role of governments and networks and how policies and sharing best practices can enable the circular economy. Module 5: Circular Societies. This module examines new norms, forms of engagement, social systems, and institutions, needed by the circular economy and how we, as individuals, can help society become more circular. This course is brought to you by: LUND UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS (IIIEE) EIT RAWMATERIALS VITO GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF DENMARK AND GREENLAND NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS GHENT UNIVERSITY DELFT UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY...

MB
May 7, 2020

A great, detailed and informative course that I enjoyed learning about. Lund University you can do no wrong, from my semester spent on exchange in Lund to engaging with this fantastic MOOC! Thank you!

JE
Apr 19, 2020

Great course!\n\nSuper interesting and very accessible language. It's a good entrance door to keep learning about this really important topics.\n\nThanks for giving us the chance to have it for free.

76 - 100 of 221 Reviews for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

By Emanuela D

Apr 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It is well structured, video lectures are short and clear, and it provides contents on circular economy from materials management, design and innovation to policies. Very complete and highly suggested

By Tiana L S

Sep 28, 2020

Excellent overview of the circular economy! I greatly benefited from learning with people from all over the world, gaining their insights on the models and exercises. This was my first Coursera course and I will be taking more.

By Mohammad E

Feb 21, 2021

I love this class since it brings new perspective, knowledge and updated solution to tackle the pollution and raw materials' waste issue from various lectures and industrial players across an organization. Thank you very much!

By Federico R

Sep 3, 2020

Very nice course with a great gathering of lecturers from multiple quality institutions. The course is able to give a good overview of all the aspects involved in Circular Economy sharing insights from different perspectives.

By Isaac E A V

Oct 10, 2020

CE learning should be a must for anyone. Its about the survival of our society. The course is so excellent, you can tell the instructors and material is best of the best, the very leaders on the field. I'm really impressed.

By Feng C

Dec 7, 2020

This is a very practical and comprehensive course for people who want to understand more on CE. Many case studies are used to illustrate and better explain theories. A great course that I would come back often to check.

By Sarah H

Sep 4, 2020

The content of the course was excellent! The assignments and quizzes were moderately challenging, which I think is appropriate to keep it accessible for most people while still ensuring that the certificate has meaning.

By julia b

I enjoyed this course very much (content, the way it was set up didactically, mix of videos/lectues, case studies and small assignments, etc.). For me, it was a very useful introduction to the area of circular economy.

By Nur O M

Oct 6, 2020

Great online course, I enjoyed every module. The lecturers are diverse. They are the expertise on their area. Study case and company showed in this courses are also inspiring. Thanks for making such an amazing course.

By Carolina Z

Excellent opportunity to learn new stuff and think from new points of view. I've been working with circular economy since 2016 and this is one of the few courses that brought me a lot of new insights and information.

By Fabio S

Dec 19, 2020

It has served me a lot, I learned a lot about circular economy and I hope to apply what I learned in my country Argentina, Greetings to all who participated in the course, they were very clear in their concepts.

By Alberto O

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course, the contents were great and the lecturers very professional and skilled. I would recommend it for people who want to learn about new practices that we should try to implement in the future.

By Samantha V

Dec 21, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow for someone like me with little business background but a strong environmental background. Very interesting and gave lots of helpful examples that are easy to relate to.

By Aleksandr S

Oct 8, 2020

Many thanks to all the organisers of this amazing course! It completely covers the topic on circular resource management and is highly practical, providing with the real-life cases concerning the matter.

By Eyleen V M R

May 3, 2020

Thanks for the course, It was really insteresting and made me think about what I was doing some years ago and I can do in coming years. Congrats to eveyone that works in the preparation of this training.

By Martika v D

May 8, 2020

Amazing course. I've learned so much valuable and new information about materials. Like the way they are used in our current societies and in which ways we can improve their use to be more sustainable.

By Michelle B

May 8, 2020

By Patrick W

Dec 5, 2020

Excellent introduction to the ideas of the circular economy and why it is is desirable. Hurdles to its achievement are discussed and examples of people and organisations that are working towards it.

By Sara H D

Feb 11, 2021

I can't be happier of having coursed this MOOC. It is so well structured and also the contents and examples given by authentic entrepreneurs give us a boost to project our career in a circular way.

By Jezabel D

Sep 4, 2020

Abarcan bastante temas interesantes y sobre todo hay bastante interacción con otros estudiantes.

Los casos reales son de mucha ayuda y todo el curso está bien estructurado, recomendado!

By Reeta H

Feb 18, 2021

This was a great introduction into not only material management and circular economy but also to moving from idea to action. It was not only informative but also inspiring! Thank you!

By alejandra s

The information shown is very complete and interesting. The different approach gives a better perspective on the topic. Very good professors, interviews, references and visual images.

By Abigail F

Feb 13, 2020

This course is so insightful and has enthused me to go back to study this further. I recommend this course to anyone interested in sustainable resources and the circular economy!

By Zachary H A

I have taken a few courses online. This is the most challenging course I have taken so far. I believe this course shall be beneficial to all people from different walks of life.

By Polina K

Amazing course that provides a comprehensive and structured understanding of all processes, actor, implications and opportunities of Circular Economy! Thank you to the creators!