Back to Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management by Lund University

This course looks at where important materials in products we use every day come from and how these materials can be used more efficiently, longer, and in closed loops. This is the aim of the Circular Economy, but it doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of choices and strategies by suppliers, designers, businesses, policymakers and all of us as consumers. In addition to providing many cases of managing materials for sustainability, the course also teaches skills and tools for analyzing circular business models and promotes development of your own ideas to become more involved in the transition to a Circular Economy. You will learn from expert researchers and practitioners from around Europe as they explain core elements and challenges in the transition to a circular economy over the course of 5 modules: Module 1: Materials. This module explores where materials come from, and builds a rationale for why society needs more circularity. Module 2: Circular Business Models. In this module circular business models are explored in-depth and a range of ways for business to create economic and social value are discussed. Module 3: Circular Design, Innovation and Assessment. This module presents topics like functional materials and eco-design as well as methods to assess environmental impacts. Module 4: Policies and Networks. This module explores the role of governments and networks and how policies and sharing best practices can enable the circular economy. Module 5: Circular Societies. This module examines new norms, forms of engagement, social systems, and institutions, needed by the circular economy and how we, as individuals, can help society become more circular. This course is brought to you by: LUND UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENTAL ECONOMICS (IIIEE) EIT RAWMATERIALS VITO GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF DENMARK AND GREENLAND NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS GHENT UNIVERSITY DELFT UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY...

MB
May 7, 2020

A great, detailed and informative course that I enjoyed learning about. Lund University you can do no wrong, from my semester spent on exchange in Lund to engaging with this fantastic MOOC! Thank you!

JE
Apr 19, 2020

Great course!\n\nSuper interesting and very accessible language. It's a good entrance door to keep learning about this really important topics.\n\nThanks for giving us the chance to have it for free.

101 - 125 of 287 Reviews for Circular Economy - Sustainable Materials Management

By Alberto O

Mar 16, 2020

Excellent course, the contents were great and the lecturers very professional and skilled. I would recommend it for people who want to learn about new practices that we should try to implement in the future.

By Samantha V

Dec 21, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow for someone like me with little business background but a strong environmental background. Very interesting and gave lots of helpful examples that are easy to relate to.

By Aleksandr S

Oct 8, 2020

Many thanks to all the organisers of this amazing course! It completely covers the topic on circular resource management and is highly practical, providing with the real-life cases concerning the matter.

By Eyleen V M R

May 3, 2020

Thanks for the course, It was really insteresting and made me think about what I was doing some years ago and I can do in coming years. Congrats to eveyone that works in the preparation of this training.

By Patricia D

May 31, 2021

If you are looking for a beginner course, this is perfect for you! You'll learn how the transition toward a curcular economy could be made in different value chain by applying different business models.

By Pedro M R

Apr 2, 2021

I found the course very interesting. In particular for good documentation available and short comprehensive videos.

In general all presenters were doing very well and make the topics always interesting.

By Martika v D

May 8, 2020

Amazing course. I've learned so much valuable and new information about materials. Like the way they are used in our current societies and in which ways we can improve their use to be more sustainable.

By Michelle B

May 8, 2020

By Sara H D

Feb 11, 2021

I can't be happier of having coursed this MOOC. It is so well structured and also the contents and examples given by authentic entrepreneurs give us a boost to project our career in a circular way.

By Meriska S

May 16, 2021

Truly informative! I gained new valuable insights that in fact everyone of us: consumer, business, and policy maker can and needs to take our part in creating a more sustainable world.

By Jezabel D

Sep 4, 2020

Abarcan bastante temas interesantes y sobre todo hay bastante interacción con otros estudiantes.

Los casos reales son de mucha ayuda y todo el curso está bien estructurado, recomendado!

By Reeta H

Feb 18, 2021

This was a great introduction into not only material management and circular economy but also to moving from idea to action. It was not only informative but also inspiring! Thank you!

By alejandra s

The information shown is very complete and interesting. The different approach gives a better perspective on the topic. Very good professors, interviews, references and visual images.

By Abigail F

Feb 13, 2020

This course is so insightful and has enthused me to go back to study this further. I recommend this course to anyone interested in sustainable resources and the circular economy!

By Zachary H A

I have taken a few courses online. This is the most challenging course I have taken so far. I believe this course shall be beneficial to all people from different walks of life.

By Polina K

Amazing course that provides a comprehensive and structured understanding of all processes, actor, implications and opportunities of Circular Economy! Thank you to the creators!

By Kyle W

Jun 6, 2020

A great introduction to concepts of the circular economy - providing an overview of fundamental drivers, policy considerations, and useful case studies highlighting innovators.

By Brandi C

Mar 9, 2021

This was a very long course with a lot of information. I really enjoyed how in-depth it went. I especially enjoyed the first week about mining. There was a lot to learn.

By Marouene B M

Dec 29, 2019

Amazing Course that tackle the challenges of product development and how to make the product last longer taking into consideration different aspect of Circular Economy

By Ana P L

Sep 9, 2020

I loved it. Didn´t know exactly what circular economy was and this course helped me understand it. Thanks Lund University! I now have a lots of circular ideas... :)

By Boris K

Mar 23, 2021

Comprehensive, yet detailed and encouraging. This course was another valuable microlearning experience and provided new insights, facts and - not to forget - fun!

By Richard M

Feb 4, 2021

With the rate at which mineral resources are depleting, Globally we need to address the issue of developing circular economies and monitor the global value chain

By Maria F H R

May 3, 2020

Great course, very hands on and didactic information. Made me want to keep learning about circular economy in the future. Great examples and evaluation methods.

By Júlio M M

May 10, 2021

Great course! It has a lot of interesting topics and a really dynamic structure. Made me passionate about Circular Economy and wanting to learn even more!

By Brendan C

Sep 6, 2020

Very clear and interesting course.

The first week about mining might sounds technical and not adequate but it makes lot of sense for the rest of the course