Back to Citizenship and the Rule of Law

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Citizenship and the Rule of Law by University of London

"Be you so high, the law is above you." This principle, part of the Rule of Law, has come to represent the powerful idea that even politicians and monarchs are bound by the law. However in an age of powerful corporations, international cyber-crime and popular support for authoritarian leaders, the Rule of Law is under threat worldwide. This course, run by the Bingham Centre of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law, will provide an introduction to headline issues around the Rule of Law. Each week we will tackle aspects of the Rule of Law and discuss how they are impacted by current events. The course will use video lectures, recommended reading, discussion questions and activities to enable you to develop your own perspective on the Rule of Law. Though this course sits at the intersection of law and politics, participants do not require any formal educational background in either of these subjects to join. The course will take place over 6 weeks with approximately 3 hours of content each week....

FT

Jan 6, 2022

I have learned a lot from this course. I got an important insight about th conception of rule of law and how it is central to any legal sytem. Thank you for this precious opportunity !

SK

Jan 28, 2021

this course was important ,rich in huge information by rules of law that give people knowledge about their rights to protect themselves in life . thanks so much

26 - 50 of 77 Reviews for Citizenship and the Rule of Law

By Akash C

Jun 21, 2020

The course materials and readings were very interesting and informative. I congratulate the course team and University of London for providing such a wonderful course and also to myself for completing it.

By Fraol G

Jan 7, 2022

By Stephen A L

Apr 9, 2021

Nice course. However, the quiz in week six had too many questions all at once. you could have broken them down into 3 sets of ten each.

By Diego G

Aug 31, 2020

The content of the course is extremely interesting and while the readings can be a bit lengthy sometimes, it is strongly recommended

By Michelle F

Dec 11, 2021

This course helped me to understand my role in society as a citizen of my country, the Caribbean region, and the world.

By Sophie d V

Feb 3, 2021

Really thorough, interesting and enjoyable course. Incredibly eye-opening and well put together :)

By Tracie A A K J

Feb 20, 2022

This course has help me so much in terms of teaching me more in depth regarding the rule of law.

By Nosur u

Jul 2, 2020

Must interesting subject I must gained extra knowledge. So that I should give five stars.

By Ikram F

May 8, 2022

Its a quite comprehensive course. I have learned a lot of new Laws & Responsibilities.

By Jasmine A B M A

Nov 24, 2020

Very informative. The reading materials are quite heavy and long but very good.

By Md. S S

Sep 29, 2020

This course is so much compatible for the students of Legal Studies.

By Sanchayan M

Feb 5, 2021

Very Well-structured , and excellent for a beginner!

By Adelekan A

Jun 4, 2021

I​t is very educative and informative about the law

By Monika D

May 20, 2022

Thank you so much. I really Enjoyed this course.

By Dr H R

Sep 19, 2020

best way of learning

and our course was too best

By Aomit S

Sep 2, 2020

This course is best to learn about rule of law.

By Areej B

Nov 27, 2020

it was useful but a huge amount of information

By Aruna B

Nov 21, 2020

It's never too late to learn something new.

By Hashini S

Jun 21, 2021

I want to get a certificate to this course

By Sakshi V

Jul 3, 2020

The Course content is extremely enriching!

By Nausheen S S A 4

Sep 28, 2020

It was a very fun and learning experience

By Пагава Т Л

Jul 28, 2020

Interesting course. I liked everything.

By Sean R

May 11, 2022

Excellent thought provoking course

By Nice D o

Dec 10, 2020

By chandrasekaran s

Feb 19, 2022

Very excellent and usefull course