Back to Natural Language Processing with Classification and Vector Spaces

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Natural Language Processing with Classification and Vector Spaces by DeepLearning.AI

In Course 1 of the Natural Language Processing Specialization, offered by deeplearning.ai, you will: a) Perform sentiment analysis of tweets using logistic regression and then naïve Bayes, b) Use vector space models to discover relationships between words and use PCA to reduce the dimensionality of the vector space and visualize those relationships, and c) Write a simple English to French translation algorithm using pre-computed word embeddings and locality sensitive hashing to relate words via approximate k-nearest neighbor search. Please make sure that you’re comfortable programming in Python and have a basic knowledge of machine learning, matrix multiplications, and conditional probability. By the end of this Specialization, you will have designed NLP applications that perform question-answering and sentiment analysis, created tools to translate languages and summarize text, and even built a chatbot! This Specialization is designed and taught by two experts in NLP, machine learning, and deep learning. Younes Bensouda Mourri is an Instructor of AI at Stanford University who also helped build the Deep Learning Specialization. Łukasz Kaiser is a Staff Research Scientist at Google Brain and the co-author of Tensorflow, the Tensor2Tensor and Trax libraries, and the Transformer paper....

SK
Jul 17, 2020

One of the best introductions to the fundamentals of NLP. It's not just deep learning, fundamentals are really important to know how things evolved over time. Literally the best NLP introduction ever.

MN
May 24, 2021

Great Course,\n\nVery few courses where Algorithms like Knn, Logistic Regression, Naives Baye are implemented right from Scratch . and also it gives you thorough understanding of numpy and matplot.lib

76 - 100 of 561 Reviews for Natural Language Processing with Classification and Vector Spaces

By Timo J

Dec 26, 2020

absolutely amazing. week ago I wanted to implement France-Paris+Rome=Italy. Now I've implemented it. Bit easy course, yet had some background from university, like kNN or PCA etc. On another hand representation of linguistic with vector is absolutely <3 and new passion. Thx for great course!

By Sam

Sep 4, 2020

The instructors are clear and the pace is perfect. The content is sized well. The lessons are in a great structure and I feel that I learned mini concepts in a couple of weeks. Plus, the community on slack is just as supportive as one wish! Thanks to all the staff!

By Bhaskar D

Apr 11, 2021

This is an exceptional course , I stuck many times but finally I am able to complete my all submission in time . Thanks everyone including my study mates , coursera and those exceptional instructor of NLP . I'm vary much satisfied and happy .

once again THANKS....

By Nishant M K

Mar 19, 2021

Good course overall. The programming assignments were very beginner-friendly, and helped me dive into the subject material with relative ease. The instructions and explanations provided with the Python code were key to success. Kudos on such a good course design!

By CelineZhang

Aug 31, 2020

I have learned three times the videos, and made notes accordingly. The most of the time was spent on the assignment part. I have more confidence in learning NLP. What I have learned in this course is very useful. Like it so much!!! Thanks Dr. Ng and instructors!

By Oshada K

Dec 29, 2020

Very good course content with a perfect course outline to learn with minimum background knowledge...its good if lecture videos have more detail explanation regarding the usefulness but it will not affect the learning since with doing assignments it can gain.

By mahdi m

Feb 8, 2021

this course is very good to know methods and algorithms. output of assignments are interesting but you will not involve in every aspect and it's hard to tell that after this course you can deploy your own model.

generally i consider this course as good one

By R M V

Jul 25, 2020

Very nice, classes were perfect and short just the way I like it. Both theoritical and practical experience was good, I like how they have labs mathematical derivations in between the lectures before the final assignments. As expected from deeplearning.ai

By Francis Y

Jul 3, 2020

Although this course is easy and fundamental, I think this is a good entry for NLP. The instructions are detailed and this is a good place to practice numpy module and learn something fascinating about NLP. I am looking forward to the next three episodes

By Eyad A K

Jul 2, 2020

A course where you will get the opportunity to understand difficult concepts in an easy way. I have attended several courses that relate to the same topic but nothing is on par with this one. Kudos to the efforts put to produce such an amazing course!

By Chris S

Feb 4, 2021

Thorough treatment of the subject matter. I liked the buildup from basic sentiment classification using Logistic Regression and Naive Bayes models, which then led to vector space classification. Appreciated the breakdown of how the math works.

By Long H T

Jun 13, 2021

The course's curriculum is very well designed. The readings are very illustrative and comprehensible. The assignments help you to understand the theories, yet it is so simple to get going. This course helps me a lot as a beginner in the field.

By Prasad K K

May 23, 2021

The course was well structured. It gave a good introduction to basics and provided strong fundamentals, which can be improved on with detailed study. The programming assignments stressed mostly on reinforcing knowledge, which was refreshing.

By Uğur A K

Jul 26, 2020

It was a pretty good introductory course on Natural Language Processing. I especially liked implementing PCA from scratch rather than just calling PCA function from a library. I look forward to the rest of the courses in the specialization.

By MANAN A

Feb 16, 2021

It was indeed one of the best experience. The last assignment was challenging but somehow made it. I would recommend to first get command on python and machine learning basics before starting this course, otherwise the course is awesome !!

By Saad I

Sep 3, 2020

Deeplearing.ai's deep learning specialization was so good that I had to take this course as well. Fair to say its the best course on NLP by miles. Big ups to the fantastic instructors for delivering each concept so wisely and smoothly.

By 西川 尚之

Aug 12, 2020

Thank you for your wonderful lecture!

NLP is an unfamiliar field for me, but detailed suggestions and comments led me understand a lot.

I am glad that we have taken the first step in the state on art natural language processing ! ! !

By Jeevika G

Jun 26, 2020

I love that through this course, I was able to understand how to implement algorithms like PCA from scratch. This course really teaches you the intuitive sense behind some of the popular algorithms used in NLP. Highly recommend it!!

By Raanan Y

Dec 28, 2020

A very good course, interesting subjects and notebooks, very well explained, holding your hands thru difficulties, very good discussion groups.

I think the last subject in last week (lsh) is a bit overweighted in the final notebook.

By MAURICIO I D S

Dec 6, 2020

This course is great. The videos are so clear and they teach about everything. The guests they have are a gift for those who are starting. And the exercises are very complete and difficult enough to practice everything you learned.

By Aniruddha S H

Aug 8, 2020

Good course. Learned a lot. like all other deepLearning.ai courses this teaches through implementation and explanation. learned about Text preprocessing, naive bayes' model, vector space models and using planes to optimize Knn.

By Henry W

Jan 6, 2021

A good mix of video lectures, readings, lab, and assignments. I like the pace of each. I especially like the week 1 and 2 in which each lecture is followed by reading material that summarize the key concepts from the lecture.

By Utkarsh V

Aug 2, 2020

Course toh bohut bhadiya tha lekin woh jo tumhara machar jesa dikhne wala instructor tha usko kuch khilao...zayada din ka mehman nahi hai woh....aur dusra koi bhi ladki instructor nahi thi :(.......overall bohut maza aaya...

By shivam g

Aug 7, 2020

Thanks for teaching me a new type course.Every teachers are extremely awesome in this course.Clear all doubt and problem related to the course.

By Luis S S

Jul 21, 2020

Excellent teaching, enjoyed delving into the practical aspects of linear algebra as applied to NLP in good guidance and quality academic resources. Academic passion is felt all along, thank you from my receiving end!