Back to Data Management for Clinical Research

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management for Clinical Research by Vanderbilt University

This course presents critical concepts and practical methods to support planning, collection, storage, and dissemination of data in clinical research. Understanding and implementing solid data management principles is critical for any scientific domain. Regardless of your current (or anticipated) role in the research enterprise, a strong working knowledge and skill set in data management principles and practice will increase your productivity and improve your science. Our goal is to use these modules to help you learn and practice this skill set. This course assumes very little current knowledge of technology other than how to operate a web browser. We will focus on practical lessons, short quizzes, and hands-on exercises as we explore together best practices for data management....

EJ

Nov 13, 2019

Very excellent course with fun project assignments. I learned quite alot even though I already have a good amount of knowledge on data management! The professors are also engaging and professional.

AK

Jun 23, 2020

This course is very carefully designed to give a moderate idea how the eCRFs are made in RedCap database system.It gives you a fair background of clinical research processes and database designing.

226 - 249 of 249 Reviews for Data Management for Clinical Research

By Mohammed M A

Jun 15, 2020

i have learned to create the forms to collect the data regarding clinical research

By Georgy A

Oct 01, 2019

best course on DM for Clinical Research, however the videos are rather monotoneous

By Deepti B

Jun 06, 2020

So much to learn from all the professors. Thankful to coursera for having this.

By Dattatreya P

Jun 26, 2020

it was great experience learning this course from venderrbilt univercity.

By Prakriti A

Jul 26, 2020

Dr. Paul Harris lectures were very helpful and easy to grasp.

By Ruzanna

Apr 24, 2018

survey designing explanation was clear and well presented

By GAYATHRI S N

Jun 14, 2020

It was very helpful especially for a fresher like me.

By Ashish U

Sep 23, 2019

Getting certified made me a bit confident. Thank you!

By Rafael G L

Jun 11, 2020

Pros: Tutorials and redcap training copy

Cons: Slow

By Chiara C

May 24, 2017

Interesting and very clear explainations!

By Shaker A

Mar 28, 2017

Very helpful and interesting course...

By Ranjan J S

Sep 08, 2017

Nice course!

By Harshitha P

Aug 19, 2019

Good

By PKV

Jul 12, 2019

Its useful some point! But way old this course should be updated. And some of the instructor just reading the power point than an explanation. It will be more useful for the student giving the example at the time u explaining a concept.. I don't see that here in most of the cases.

By Ellis K P

Nov 15, 2016

Interesting course! But the lecture videos are too long.

By Giselle B

Apr 07, 2020

The course is well structured and interesting in regards to RedCap set up, use, and design of case report forms and surveys, but other than that there was a lot of theory and boring. However, the worst part is the peer assignment grading system which I don't know if it's a Coursera thing or it depends on each university. I finished the whole course and still needed my peer grading from week 1 to get the certificate, and I had to repeatedly post and beg for other peers to review it until I got it, unbelievable.

I wasn't the only one. I was shocked to see how many students have posted on the forum begging to be reviewed, and you start the game like "I'll review yours if you review mine"...unbelievable. You can't leave a person at the mercy of others, you basically can't move forward until you get your peer reviews. I don't buy the "this is great because you can learn from your peers", give me a break. Last course I'll take here.

By Edwin P

Nov 09, 2016

This course was a very disappointing experience since it is designed around depending on peer reviewed assignments that don't get graded. I have been waiting for over 3 months for the 1st assignment to get regraded.In the future I suggest the creators of this course stay away from peer graded assignment as it puts students in a position where their grade depends on others and not the knowledge the student acquires from the course content.

By Mark E W

Mar 21, 2017

It seems like the team have tried to do the whole course in one take! Perhaps some practice would have been in order? at least to work out what they are going to say next.... content is ok so far but delivery is tough to listen to.

By Arturo R T

Dec 29, 2016

Not very applicable -just a bunch of concepts.

It feels like a very disorganised course.

Paul Harris is extremely repetitive and takes so much time to get to the point. Sometimes he over-explains unnecessary things. His lectures need serious upgrade.

Lecturers speak too slow, I have to use the 1.5x speed not to fall asleep.