Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

AA

May 14, 2020

This course gave me an opportunity to improve my medical abbreviations as I am a medical student. This course is awesome. Not only medical students but also other students should enroll this course.

76 - 100 of 347 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Rose M R

Jul 23, 2020

Very thorough program where you can learn medical terminology. Also provides you the opportunity to learn the words and abbreviations and how they are used.

By Ana I G S

Jun 23, 2020

Es un curso bastante completo, que me ayudó bastante a comprender abreviaciones y encontrar también la mejor manera de comunicar algo en el ambiente médico.

By Eli A

May 06, 2018

The content is presented in such a way that it's accommodating to English language learners, slow processors, and those of lower knowledge on the subject.

By Herb G

May 23, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to medical terminology.

Thank you Valerie Swigart, PhD, RN, CRNP and your team.

Thanks to University of Pittsburg.

By Do T K C

Feb 29, 2020

Thanks for the course to help beginner to learn medical terminology. This course allows me to read and understand medical conversation in the hospital.

By Nahidul I

Jun 28, 2020

This course is very helpful for enhancing knowledge. I learnt a thousands of words I never even heard. Thanks for creating a very important course.

By Kimberly H

Mar 31, 2020

The content was interesting and the multiple methods (reading, videos, vocabulary assignments). All of which assisted with learning and retention.

By Aastha J

Jul 03, 2020

This course is really amazing. I’ve learned so many things which will be beneficial for me in future. You made E-learning easy and interesting.

By Angelika Z

Jun 17, 2020

This is great. I really enjoyed it and I feel I learned lots. One of the best courses I took. And definitely the best FREE one!

Mrs Kuznetsov .

By Teslyn S J B

Jan 15, 2018

Incredibly useful for an international health care student who wants to learn how to successfully communicate in a clinical setting in the US

By Javine A

Jul 18, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course! it has taught me a lot and I feel ready and prepared for my next journey! Thanks to everyone that was involved!

By KAREN S

Apr 08, 2020

While I had some knowledge of medical terminology, this course gave me more of a foundation and helped to put that knowledge in to context.

By Maryam H

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you so much for this course which helped me to broaden my clinical knowledge about the health care system here in the United States.

By Bethany T

Feb 10, 2020

Very basic course. I was able to do all the quizzes without doing any of the other work and the total course took me less than 2 hours.

By Marja A K

Dec 11, 2017

My deepliest gratitude to professors: Valerie Swigart, Ph.D. R.N. and, Michael Gold, Ph.D.

Excellent course !!!!

Thanks Coursera !!

By Christina M

Aug 17, 2017

This is such a well laid out course! I love the interactive videos and case studies and have learned so much these past few weeks.

By Dung N

Oct 13, 2019

This course has help me in learning Clinical with English. Thanks alot for create a wonderful course for medical students like me

By Manal A

Sep 17, 2019

for me as a translator, this was an excellent introduction for clinical terminology. Thank you so much for this experience.

By Luciana C

Jun 18, 2020

This is an excellent course, with a reasonable workload, and the explanations are straightforward and easy to undertsand.

By Nguyen L

Jun 14, 2020

Thank you guys so much for bringing such a course! What I have learned has been incredibly vital for my clinical classes!

By Guillermo A H R

Jul 27, 2019

This course is the perfect way to confidence when you have to start a new health professional life in the US. Thank you.

By DR T

Jul 17, 2020

It is very great for international Medical student who want to improve their ability of using the materials in English

By Jeanne W

Jul 02, 2020

This was an excellent course. Easy to follow and very informative. I have already recommended it to colleagues of mine.

By Diana E A M

Jul 03, 2020

me parece un curso bastante completo, aprender todos los terminos que se tienen y abreviaciones son bastante dificiles

By Juan Y

Mar 13, 2020

This is a wonderful course. The content of teaching is quite clear and knowledgeable. I have interest to learn more