Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

76 - 100 of 601 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By L M

Jun 18, 2021

Great introductory course to clinical medical terminology. The course was well designed, engaging & comprehensive. I am very glad I took it & look forward to applying what I have learned. Thank you Coursera! ~ Lou M.

By Cheri R D

Dec 1, 2019

I was expecting to be drilled on a lot of new words but instead I learned them more naturally by seeing and hearing them in the context of the clinical field. I learned about clinical workflows along with terminology.

By MELISSA A S S

Apr 16, 2020

Este curso fue excelente, explica las cosas de manera sencilla, lo cual hace muy fácil el aprender. Sus tiempos son flexibles así que con constancia y dedicación puedes sacar el curso adelante. TOTALMENTE RECOMENDADO

By 刘师学

Apr 11, 2019

this course is so useful~ as an international student who is participating in observeship in the us, the class give me a whole picture of the system of hospital. thank you very much for giving us this fabulous class~

By Shelly R L

May 23, 2020

I think the videos and assignments were easily understood and yet had some items that made you think and use your learning as it progressed. I'm glad I signed up to refresh myself on the medical language. Thank you.

By Angeline L

Nov 3, 2020

This program is well designed and helps foreigners and students to learn / understand clinical terminology. I specially like the clinical simulation, this will benefit many junior medical staff and medical students

By Nguyễn H H

Oct 1, 2019

This is a meaningful course for me to learn about medical terminology. Thank for Coursera, I am quite confident about my medical english now. I will keep learning to master it in order to help my career as a doctor

By Wadha

Sep 29, 2018

I had so much fun learning these new Terminology and Abbreviation , also the information about each disease , equipment and system. i would like to thank everyone made and helped in making this amazing course . ❤😢

By Shannon L

Oct 29, 2020

A someone brand new to medical terminology, I have acquired a great beginning foundation from this course! I am very thankful for Coursera for offering this course. And I am excited to keep learning in this field.

By Jose L E S

Mar 8, 2021

I found the course fantastic, all the tools and key points they provide to better understand the clinical language, the number of times you practice and how varied it is seems incredible to me, I loved it, thanks

By duygu

Mar 31, 2020

It is a great course. It teaches you what is necessary for a clinical unit. I was taking this subject course in my language but it was great to take this course to be familiar with the terms in English. Thanks.

By Ana S

Mar 29, 2021

This course was very helpful. I learned many medical terms in English that I did not know. I wish to have this course as soon as I came to United States.

Thanks to the University of Pittsburgh for this course.

By Jade J

Oct 21, 2020

The lessons are step by step, readings are clearly explained and easy to understand as well. Videos and audios are helpful to learn some difficult medical terms. I have learned a lot. Best learning experience.

By Vanessa A P B

Jul 7, 2020

This course is beneficial, easy to understand and very dynamic for beginners in the health care system. I did enjoy, and definitely, I will continue to practice all the information given during the training.

By Tatiana R

May 6, 2020

This was a great opportunity to enhance Medical vocabulary. The outline of the course is designed to keep you engaged and allows for critical thinking on every case shown.

I really enjoyed this 6 week course!

By Amber B

Oct 26, 2017

I liked taking the course to help reexamine what I have been taught previously. Very good information. I did notice some spelling errors and some issues with the transcription beneath the videos as I went.

By Arshiya f

Dec 28, 2020

it was amazing but there are some missing abbreviations which did not discuss in the course but they are question in the quiz but overall good course i hope it will help me start my career in a new field

By María E A M

May 5, 2018

Very useful. I had some dodubts about abreviation in pharmacology, and how to write medical notes, and this course helped me a lot.

Also if you can´t finish the curse, they can give you a time extension.

By Erin S

Jan 6, 2021

I have taken other medical and clinical terminology courses and this one was by far, more in depth and comprehensive. I found the clinical scenarios and audio recordings especially helpful in learning.

By David I Q Q

Sep 27, 2017

I LIKE SO MUCH THE CONTENT OF THE COURSE, IT IS SO HELPFULL FOR ME WHO WORK WITH ENGLISH REPORTS. I WILL IMPROVE MY KNOWLEDGE IN MORE CLINICAL TERMINOLOGY BY READING AND DOING RESEARCH. THAKNS SO MUCH

By Hakob M

Sep 19, 2021

As a beginner in Medical Terminology, this course was very useful in general comprehension of the clinical setting, and I already use my knowledge in my medical translation work. Thank you so much!

By Caetano R P J

Sep 24, 2020

The curso is very important in my opinion because I´m a international student and with this curse a learn a lot new words and how they work in US clinical unit. Thanks. This curse is very helpfull.

By Minh N

May 23, 2020

Thank you for the teachers and Coursera forum. I happily experienced good time and emotions here. More than that, useful knowledge is the best thing I have received. Thank you! Thank you so much!

By Shane H

Aug 26, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. It was thought out, it was clear, it made you think critically. It changed your mind set intentionally for learning purposes, and it was effective for me.

By Thi H L

Aug 16, 2020

By using the clinical situation, abbreviations, and terms are easier to understand.

This course is so helpful for me to have an essential knowledge that I can extend my learning by myself then.