Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

451 - 475 of 511 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Lisa U

Jan 14, 2021

Methodology is above average, with audio, video and simulations. It would be helped by a QA check for errors, mostly non-substantive but a few substantive. The methodology seems heavily focused on helping non-native English speakers so for native speakers it's rather easy even if you have no medical background.

By Qiuyang ( L

Sep 20, 2020

Good to have this course that is really useful to learn and review those terms used in clinical settings. Hopefully, I can get a job by showing this. There is only one thing I feel a little uncomfortable that I have to pay $65 to get a real certificate. Anyways, thanks Coursera for the free online course.

By AHMED S

Sep 19, 2020

I want to thank the P.H.D professor & pittsburg university for this course.. It was really funny and helpful to me ... because medical terminology is a little bit difficult, but with this amazing clarification it becomes fruitful and i really feel happy about finding out the U.S CLINICAL TERMINOLOGY !!!

By raven

Oct 23, 2017

This was a very useful course, it did what it said, helping me understand the terminology in a clinical setting. As well as comprehend the make up of terminology and the do'sand don't. The only issue were the audio clips were difficult to load on my tablet and had a better chance with them on a pc.

By Irene S T

Jan 25, 2017

This course is very complete in terms of vocabulary and helpful for people who haven't been in a hospital or clinic before to get and idea of how these settings work. The only thing I would have wished for this course to have a little more vocabulary is on diseases, conditions and procedures.

By altini

Jul 25, 2017

I've become more comfortable with medical terminology. English is my first language but I'm studying to become a medical interpreter. I wish there were less audio in the multiple choice questions. It loads very slowly. Also, feedback would be nice on the free response questions.

By creed

Oct 21, 2017

a little bit repetitive for the PRS list glossary terms,I mean it's good to get refreshed,but I desire that in different formats rather than a list each time,maybe can consider in a fashion of video,cartoon,etc to make the PRS list even more interesting and picturesque.

By Bindu M

Nov 29, 2020

The PRS list definitely needs improvement. Many a times a web search was more useful than the PRS list and dictionary. Many a times the assignments felt like a hearing test. Enjoyed the course nevertheless and did gain an understanding of the terminology.

By Tuyen T

Jan 12, 2020

This is a great course for a non-native medical staff like me. It did, of course, not provide me all the clinical term in only 6 weeks, but it really gave me a different perception about modern medical environment and the important of abbreviations.

By Muidul I S

Apr 10, 2020

I've learned the basic things of professionalism on using various types of terms in this course and as I'm a medical student,it'll be very helpful in my future career.

Thanks to the instructors and all of the members of this course.

By Ryan R D

Aug 7, 2020

Excellent and well paced introduction to medical terminology! There were few times where the quizzed term was not covered in the previous module, but provided a great opportunity to utilize the PRS list to figure out the context

By Prasanjit S

May 14, 2020

This is a worthwhile course for Clinical Terminology. I think that the PRS list is a little constrained, but it is a wonderful springboard. I will be utilizing Shirley Soltesz Steiner's book to learn about Medical Terminology.

By Marisel G L H

Jul 17, 2020

Tiene lo esencial para poder desenvolverse en el ambiente hospitalario de US. Buenos videos, buenas lecturas y casos simulados que permiten poner en practica lo aprendido en las lecturas. Recomendado.

By Lorena B T

May 8, 2020

The course added so much to my clinical experience and learning specific terms which i was not familiar with! I recommend it to all International students that don't have lectures in English.

By DAWN H

Jan 31, 2019

It was super easy to access and use. It is a course for beginning students. An advantage is that this course focuses on terms most likely heard or seen in a clinical setting.

By Teresa V

Jul 3, 2020

excellent course. would make one suggestion : week 6 clinical simulation should have questions on the side to easily correspond with video (not before the video).

By Geraldine L

Mar 20, 2020

This course gives you a broad area of medical terminology terms in a compact course. I really enjoyed the different scenarios presented.

By Michelle P

Jul 9, 2017

The simulations and audio snips made the class much more interesting and valuable than a standard terminology class -many thanks!

By Pedro B

Nov 7, 2020

It's a good course for general people or medical practitioners, but it's not enough for physicians from another countries.

By Karen

Sep 22, 2020

Thank you very much for this learning courses. I'm was happy to learnen so much term in the clinical terminology.

Karen

By Moonyoung S

Feb 21, 2019

It was very helpful. I will visit here for help with my work for translation in the medical field whenever i need help.

By Pamella F F d G

Sep 29, 2020

The certificate could be with the hours we used to finish it course. It could help a lot. Thanks

By Andre h

May 1, 2020

very useful course and it helps to know the way to think and understand alot of terminology

By Annette W

Jul 26, 2020

This course is good in that it teaches the terms and then where to go if help is needed.

By Qianlan X

Jul 11, 2020

This course is good with a lot of simple but useful clinical medical terminologies.