Back to Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions by The George Washington University

This 7-week course provides you with key strategies to help understand the foundation of Clinical Simulations. During each module, you will learn about 7 key components of Clinical Simulation Across the Health Professions and its' impact in your current position as a healthcare professional. Please utilize all of the Resources provided by each of the modules to support and enhance your understanding of each concept. You will learn about the following topics in this course: Module 1: Getting Started in Clinical Simulation-the Fundamentals Module 2: INACSL Standards of Best Practice: Simulation Module 3: Implementing Simulation in the Curriculum Module 4: Developing a Simulation Center Module 5: Basics of Debriefing in Simulation Module 6: Evaluation Methods in Simulation Module 7: SPs in Simulation About The George Washington University School of Nursing Ranked among the top nursing schools by U.S. News & World Report, the George Washington University School of Nursing educates and inspires nurses to provide high-quality, compassionate person-centered health care. The school develops leaders actively engaged in health promotion, patient advocacy and healthcare innovation, and prepares exceptional nurse educators who pursue quality and advance the profession. The School of Nursing is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of people and communities locally, nationally and globally. The school values lifelong learning and its students advance nursing practice, leadership and education as they make a difference in the world. For more in-depth simulation education, please see the GW Nursing Simulation Initiatives. https://nursing.gwu.edu/gw-nursing-simulation-initiatives...

RW
Jan 19, 2020

I found the course easy to follow and fit in to a busy work schedule. It gave me insight in how to incorporate simulation into my teaching and the importance of following standards of best practice.

SG
Aug 8, 2019

This was a great course to familiarize myself to the process of simulation. I appreciate all the details and components of the process that help to make simulation such a great learning methodology.

176 - 200 of 219 Reviews for Essentials in Clinical Simulations Across the Health Professions

By Manjeet S

Apr 15, 2020

great!

By Charulatha.S

Jul 8, 2020

Good

By Karen S

Jun 11, 2020

V

By Janice M S

Nov 22, 2020

I was thrown off by: 1) not being able to locate the attachments that were said in the videos; 2) distracted with poor sentence structure on some answers and spelling errors; 3) I took notes as I went and found a lot of the questions were not directly covered in the videos - I understand critical thinking but if not experienced, how can you relate? 4) No postings to review/reflect on when asked.

I enjoyed this educational experience. After completing, I have utmost respect for the faculty who are improving the simulation offered at our institution. I wish I had this training earlier so that I could be more supportive of their efforts.

I struggled with how to apply this in-depth training to my on-line virtual simulation course. I have identified need to work on participant evaluation.

Thank YOU for this opportunity to LEARN!

I

By Barbara F

Oct 31, 2020

An excellent overview of the many levels of running an evidence-based simulation program. However, several of the links ended up in a page that no longer existed and the videos went very fast, causing me to go back to see the reference pages and re-listen to the recommended websites given at the end of a presentation. The different instructors brought a range of expertise that was much appreciated and I will be able to use this in my own practice; especially the debriefing section.

By Janine B

May 22, 2020

I enjoyed the course and hearing from the experts in their fields. SImulation has so many topics, I don't think Standardized Patients needed it's own module. It might have been incorporated within another module. There should be contact hours upon completion.

By Lynn D

Aug 31, 2021

T​he information and tools provided background for my learning. I expected to have more videos of the debriefing process to show ways to debrief that could expand my thinking and application process. All areas were applicable to learning about simulation.

By Christina S

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course by top notch nursing professionals and experts in clinical simulations. I highly recommend for all level learners. Definitely worth the time and effort to complete the modules.

By Kristie D

May 13, 2020

This course was truly informational and comprehensive regarding simulation. The only comment I have is that some of the information is repetitive from one speaker to the next.

Great tutorial!

By Donna P

Jun 9, 2020

I wish there was more information related to other clinical simulations than just nursing and medical students. I learned a lot especially with regards to standardized patient development.

By Dorothy D

Mar 31, 2021

It was really beneficial. All the modules were very interesting. It was easy to follow the videos. Every modules increased the curiosity specially the questionnaire. Thank you very much

By Teri D

Nov 4, 2019

The instructors not looking at the camera the whole time was kind of weird and this course state that it is Simulation across the Health Professions, but

By Holly F

Apr 20, 2020

Some resources such as template in course 7 were not available. Also the possibility for outline of the modules for note taking would be very helpful.

By bonnie b

Dec 11, 2019

Course was filled with important information, especially someone like me who has only been in the field for 3 months.

By Teresa H

Apr 14, 2020

Very difficult to find or access materials referred to in the videos. Otherwise, great content well presented.

By Imari H

Aug 25, 2020

This course provided several opportunities to engage in discussions and learn from different experiences.