Back to Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101) by LearnQuest

Welcome to Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101). Over the next few weeks, we will discuss the basics of Cloud computing: what it is, what it supports, and how it is delivered. We will delve into storage services, Cloud economics, levels of managed infrastructure, and Azure services. We will also explore different deployment models of Cloud computing, as well as several hosting scenarios. Last but not least, we will compare some of the cloud platforms and discuss the future of cloud computing....

AS

Great learning with course.But there sholud me more practical lesson to learn the real hands on.Real worlds exmaples should be given for each topics such as pokemon go is deployed on kubernetes.

FF
May 2, 2020

it's informative and gives you basic understanding of cloud computing and different technologies involves with it. Thank you!\n\nIt would great if the course slides are available for download.

26 - 50 of 1,173 Reviews for Cloud Computing Basics (Cloud 101)

By Anyu P F

Mar 15, 2020

Nice

By Dan H

Jun 3, 2020

Some of the assignments were pointless. For example, we were asked to sign up for an Azure account, but then we never did anything with it (however, if it isn't cancelled, it will cost me money... I did not appreciate that.) Also, I got the distinct impression that the instructor was getting a paid by Microsoft to steer people towards their offerings. Furthermore, we never "did" any kind of cloud computing. The instructor just read slides that defined a bunch of terms. I did not gain any experience with this topic at all.

By Lukasz S

Unfortunately, I am disappointed. The course is chaotic and boring. Sometimes it looks like author doesn't have much idea what hes talking about. If I had not already have an AWS certificate I would be totally confused. Many mistakes both in slides and in quizzes. It's not a certificate I would like to have on my LinkedIn page. 2 stars because I survived till the end.

By Yakshit B

Jun 8, 2020

The speaker was only reading the ppt. We can do that ourself.Review content again and More explanation is needed which is not included in ppt which you were using. This course is not good for beginner.

By Marisela D V

didn`t like the methodoly, videos as PPT where boring

By SAI S K

Jun 25, 2020

the instructor is just reading the slides.

By Ralf N

Jun 23, 2020

A great example of assisted reading

By Vibesh B

bad

By Shrikhande P A

Jun 26, 2020

This is the BEST online course I've taken on Coursera - or any other online platform for that matter. I appreciate the care taken to script each lesson and I also like the animation that kept me engaged. There's nothing worse than listening to an instructor who's not even prepared and is "just sitting there" in front of a camera.

I also liked the final PDF documents. I plan on applying what I learned from this course at work.

By Mohammed M A H

Mar 29, 2020

This course is very informative, especially for people who are interested in Cloud Computing Solution, their main providers, main topologies and services that might fit firms' needs. It fits also to career shifters who are eager to learn more about cloud architectures to be more competitive in the job market :) I highly recommend it.

By Thomas C E

Jun 25, 2020

This course explores the subject of Cloud Computing and explains the subject with easy to understand concepts and terms. Effective use of video and supplemental information reinforces the material presented by the instructors. I recommend this course to anyone interested in gaining a solid understanding of Cloud Computing.

By Lakshmi S

Jul 21, 2020

I assumed i am already aware of basics of cloud computing, when i initially found this course. But am wrong and it did help me understand the missing pieces on the differentiation s we have in the layers of cloud. Great course for both first timer and as refresher any time. Saving as my favorites.

By James S

Aug 30, 2020

An interesting, well put-together and comprehensive introduction to cloud computing and the many associated topics. I was already aware of the different subjects presented in the course and this course elegantly instructed me how all of the different components fit together. Recommended.

By Dana S

May 14, 2020

Simple introduction, easy to understand (except for blockchain, a complicated subject). Updating the slides to remove grammar errors would be a small suggestion. Easy to understand voice, simple slides, simple reading assignments. Gave me just what I needed as a non-developer.

By Swarup

Jun 1, 2020

This is a good beginners course in Cloud Computing. Gives you a better idea of the world of Cloud and the various types of Cloud and the Cloud platforms. It is indeed a useful course from Apple. Thank you Coursera, Apple and Jim Sullivan for an informative and useful course.

By Akshat B

Jul 8, 2020

A good course that sticks to the basics and has lots of theoretical knowledge. It would be beneficial to have some more practical applications and perhaps more in depth videos in particular about how the different software suites can be specific to a clients requirements.

By Kelly Q

Great introduction to Cloud Computing. There is a lot to take in with all the new services that have been introduced by all the cloud providers. Thank you very much for bringing this to the course. I will definitely be looking at Cloud computing in more detail

By Snehal b

It was very effective and therefore I would definitely be interested in attending other classes in the same format. The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information about the vast field of cloud computing along with basics.

By Okonjo I N

It is a really great way to start a career in Cloud computing, it's informative and gives you a basic understanding of cloud computing and different technologies involved with it.

The links for discussion and further study are quite insightful

By Chuck L

Aug 20, 2020

I learned more about Cloud in 3 days taking this course than I have learned previously in 3 years. This is a great starting point in you journey to Cloud computing. I highly recommend taking it as is is very well outlined and presented.

By Stephen O

Oct 31, 2020

Great course by Jim! It was an extensive overview, and good enough for every audience to grasp. Even a better start for IT pros and developers looking to move their workloads to the Cloud. It provides the necessary overview required.

By Maxime N

Sep 13, 2020

A Very great course. It really explains the basics of cloud computing and gives some approaches of many cloud services witch are available today. Like GCP, AWS, IBM cloud, Azure... I'm really thankfull to the provider of this course

By rohit k

Jun 4, 2020

The articles provided other than the videos present in the course are very helpful.

A very basic knowledge of all the cloud related terms with its services like block chain, iot, storage etc most of them are covered (basics)

By Rafat H J

It is a really great way to start a career in Cloud computing. It has provided me with the basic idea of what the cloud is and opened me up to a new way I can implement my programming skills. I'm glad to enroll this course

By Kohilaprian N

Thanks to coursera to provide this course and Instructor explained and gave additional links to learn more about this cloud computing basics. Discussion and Quizzes gave more interested to move forwarded to this course.