Back to Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age by University of Toronto

Communication has changed! The traditional rules for speaking and presenting, meeting coordination, influencing people, negotiating and selling ideas no longer apply in a world of skype, messenger, video and teleconference. This course will act as an overview on several concepts each of which could be a course of their own and our goal is to give you tools that you can practice and perfect on your own. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Apply communication principles and techniques for in-person and virtual teams • Use a science based approach to create impactful presentations • Refine your communication style to better persuade and influence others • Run more effective and impactful meetings • Incorporate strategies to have positive difficult conversations and make people feel valued and listened to *** This course will require you to record yourself speaking. Therefore you must have a phone/computer with a functional camera and microphone.*** WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE? Anyone looking for professional and/or leadership development. This class mainly uses examples from the professional, business environment. If you are looking to advance at your current organization or to enhancing your personal value for potential employers this course is for you. WHAT MAKES THIS COURSE EFFECTIVE? Many educational experiences describe and explain, but in this course we will apply and demonstrate. We teach practical and proven concepts, show you how to apply them and give you opportunities to practice them in a safe and supportive environment. This course is full of opportunities to put the ideas presented into practice and test their effectiveness for yourself. WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THIS COURSE? We will challenge the preconceived ideas about what it means to be part of a virtual team, and support you to be a dynamic team contributor no matter where you work. In this course you can expect to be both energized and uncomfortable – like in most experiences that result in positive growth and change! This course is offered through the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (https://learn.utoronto.ca/)....

GP
Aug 12, 2020

I love this course. It's broken down to simple bits which makes it easy to understand. I didn't like the polls that pop up in the videos but that's just a small thing compared to the value I received.

AT
Jun 9, 2020

Communication Strategies transformation is going to be the backbone of all organizations and the pandemic has simply accelerated this shift. This is a MUST course for everyone. 5Star's for this... :)

201 - 225 of 998 Reviews for Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age

By Anil K A

Aug 29, 2020

It was wonderful session with lot of understanding about day in day out caring philosophy. small small attention and putting attention into action can result into delivery.

By Pankaj S

This is been a really amazing subject and it's content is awesome which I can use in my day to day life. Thank you Ivan and Coursera for this great opportunity to learn. :)

By ifeoma n

Apr 20, 2020

This course could not have come at a better time due to COVID-19.

The lessons I gained from this course has helped me communicate better with my team using virtual methods.

By Christoph Y

Jun 7, 2020

Hello Ivan,

thank you for this motivating course. It reminded me of lot of learned items and new ones we added. I will try to use the tools you offer to better commhnicate.

By Sirirat K

Jun 13, 2020

This course is very useful for both online and offline. Definitely for all tips in online which significantly needed skill after all circumstances of covid19. Thank you!!

By Dakshin C B

May 16, 2020

This course was a really amazing and informative course. I personally felt a boost in my public speaking skill and the way communication must take place in a virtual age.

By Md L B

Aug 15, 2020

This was a very effective course in this digital era. I am impressed with this course and I can utilize the learning of this course in my personal and professional life.

By Pratik K

Apr 24, 2020

The best course for the future of communication. It gives a realistic approach of how to identify and use communication at different instances in the virtual environment

By Syamsul A A R

Sep 8, 2020

I am truly happy with the course. The Instructor is a very experienced and an interesting person. A lot to learn more. Highly recommended for learners. Thanks Coursera.

By Mohsin K

I had attended so many online training, but mostly i use to be bored and forward the video. This Training content and Instructors way of presentation was really great.

By Adrian V

I really enjoy this course, the concepts and the videos are very useful in the real world.

The instructor was very clear, his interactions were enjoyable and dynamics.

By Briceida C

Apr 23, 2020

Great course to revisit basics of communication or pick up some new communication skills to engage effectively in the virtual age. Ivan is engaging and knowledgeable.

By Alex D

Jun 17, 2020

One of the best online courses I've taken. An extremely interesting and entertaining course with an instructor that keeps you in it. I'd really recommend this course!

By Navena T

Sep 5, 2020

I definitely enjoyed the course material and also the evaluation criteria .I want to appreciate the speaker for his excellent skills of connecting with the listener.

By Me J

Jul 10, 2020

Thankyou so much.. I have learnt alot of communication strategies through this course and I will surely going to apply in this virtual age. Thanks to the instructor.

By Ximena G

Sep 23, 2020

Excellent. Professor Ivan with a high professional level teaches us the tools to make better presentations with effective outcomes in the web or any other context.

By Naomi O

Aug 25, 2020

This is a really big help for those who want to improve their speaking and communication skills. It helped me to communicate with different people and situations.

By Urkimbay B

Jul 27, 2020

Everything was great! Awesome!!!

Evan, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

You helped me to work online, you showed how to use the communication strategies in virtual environment!

By Randhelle A

May 3, 2020

The content is excellent. The professor is great! All strategies are in placed. This is the course whom business professionals shouldnt missed.Highly recommended!

By Angela C P E

Sep 14, 2020

This course is very useful. It gives some tips for improving the communication with other people and it shows how improve the presentations. I really enjoyed it.

By Dean A S E D

This course helped me big time especially in public speaking specifically presenting one self. I thank Ivan Ruiz and the University of Toronto foe this learning.

By Sholanki G

I actually enjoyed this course. I loved most about how different people are motivated by different things, and how you can use it strategically to your benefit.

By Kerrie M

May 7, 2020

The lecturer was fabulous. I liked his style and most importantly, the messages he taught.

Although this was online, I still felt challenged with the assignment.

By Jayvee J R

Apr 26, 2020

Very good course. instructor was engaging. Was able to apply immediately everything that was taught as I learned them. Would definitely recommend this to others

By arun

Sep 29, 2020

This was a good refresher to Strategic and Virtual Communications. Great engaging content and style adopted by Ivan Wanis Ruiz. Thanks for making this happen.