Back to Managing the Company of the Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Company of the Future by University of London

The aim of the course is to provide you with a comprehensive framework for understanding both the traditional principles of management inside companies today as well as the alternative principles that are becoming increasingly important. It provides both theoretical and practical perspectives on the nature of management in today’s organisations....

KK

May 29, 2016

Aug 14, 2020

It was a great course which help you to gain knowledge about how to run the company in a good manner and the readings are in a good quality as well as sir. julian birkinshaw was explaining so clearly

26 - 50 of 837 Reviews for Managing the Company of the Future

By Shaik M K

Jul 13, 2020

It an eye-opener course for me towards business management and entrepreneurship. Thanks to Professor Julian Birkinshaw for an amazing way of teaching. Definitely will always use what you thought in this course in my business life. long live Sir

Also Thank you so much to Coursera team for bringing all these gems to us. Giving us such a well designed, user-friendly platform and wonderful study environment without you it's just can't happen to me. I just feel to keep studying and stay with Coursera by refusing all farewells :)

By Jayendra N B

May 03, 2020

Well explained concepts by Professor Julian Birkinshaw who is a master at his subject. The course is interspersed with thoughtful insights from Prof BIrkinshaw which make it very interesting. However, a word of caution, when you start the course dont allow yourself too much time otherwise you will loose continuity. Senior professionals and those having issues with attention span be sure to complete a section at a time to get reasonable results.

I enjoyed the course and hopefully I will enroll in the next one soon.

By Jason G

Jul 23, 2020

This is an accessible, yet dense course. The language constructs alone to compare the traditional models with contemporary are priceless. There are case studies and specific resources that are abundant and useful for practical reference and application. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to gain a much needed insight into the challenges management is facing today against the tides of disruptive technology, social changes and issues, next generation workers and the like.

By Dr A N V

Jul 18, 2020

Managing the Company of the Future course is very useful. I have learnt Alternative Principles of Management along with small case- lets about companies like IBM,Google, Valve, WL Gore, Oticon, Semco, Happy Limited and about their management process.

Overall, The course proves to be a Great Learning Experience.

I suggest the learners who want to Manage Any Company of the Future to enroll and complete this course as it will provide practical insights to Manage a Company. Thank You.

By Abis H

Great course. I am from technical background and I always thought of myself as having poor managerial skills. This course helped me understand that in many ways I'm already on the right path. In a way this course helped me gain some self-confidence. In addition it showed me some new ways to tackle day to day challenges, not only at work but also in personal life. The same principles that can be applied to managing companies and organizations could also work in private life.

By PB

Jul 02, 2020

I highly recommend this course. The Professor does a splendid job at explaining the material in each module. He makes this course really informative and enjoyable. The course work is really educational and helped me a lot to understand how companies are changing, the different styles of management and the variety of business models that are out there. No matter where you are in organisations, this course will help you be a good manager and a positive visionary for any company.

By Don L

Jul 06, 2020

Excellent Course!!!

Professor Julian Birkinshaw did a fantastic job of laying out the principles of 'Managing the Company of the Future' in a way that was easy to consume.

I particularly liked the balanced perspective provided between "Traditional and Alternative" Management Models. I enjoyed reading the case studies/ examples that helped bring the principles to life, since I've always been interested in the 'underlying principles' that make things work in the world.

By Julia L

Pleasant exploration of business models and management platforms in transition. Some charming quotidiens on incidences from circumstantial experimentation. Hard to know how to complete course and final may expect a bit too much "by the book" regurgitation for my experienced creative nature. Fun and interesting; nice civilized break from the hell of our world right now with the covid thing. Overall ...a kind of tour de force for management education, in my opinion.

By Mariah L

May 14, 2020

This is a wonderful, thought provoking course with an excellent instructor. Julian Berkinshaw is intelligent, his videos are concise and the overall lesson he provides offers incredible insight into the evolution of the corporate world and useful information for, literally, managing the company of the future. I would recommend this class to anyone in the working world, whether they're interested in business or not. The knowledge it provides is useful for everyone!

By Nick N

Jun 03, 2020

Professor Julian certainly knows his stuff and goes through the material in a logical structured way, pulling the lessons and themes together effortlessly. There are also some great contributions from both other professors and good case studies from those in organisations who have effected great changes. You have to mark other peer assignments and good way of learning to give constructive feedback and to gauge your perspectives and performance, against others.

By Marko V

Nov 15, 2019

The course was excellent and very comprehensive, yet thorough and clear. I would very much like to listen to the continuation of this course as well and get into the subject a little deeper. Julian is a great lecturer who understands perfectly and respects what he teaches. The course consists of well-balanced units and is easy to follow. If possible, it would be good to have a little more independent creative work that would be evaluated and mentored.

By R S

Jun 25, 2020

The course had given an overall outlook of managing the company of the future. being an aspiring entrepreneur, would definitely us,e adopt the learning that i have gained through this course. with so many relevant examples this course has been insightful and thoughtful about the various principles and practices of management. The way Prof.Julian explained, narrated the course content was really awesome. Kudos to Prof.

By RAVI P G

Oct 07, 2020

Managing the company of future is really very useful program for managers who are going to be leader of the company in future.this course usher a new modern management concept based on emergence,collective wisdom,Intrinsic Rewards & Obliquity. Course director sh. Julian Birkinshaw Sir way of explanation of various concepts is very commendable and practical examples help us to apply our knowledge in own working areas

By Shivani R G

Aug 03, 2020

Very well structured, the information is clear and relevant. Julian is very articulate and has wide up-o-date knowledge on the ways companies are/ need to evolve. The course has helped me understand that I need to change with the changing management forms. I wish organisations would share their structures in a simple adaptable manner to employees, when they join. I would like to do that when I get the opportunity.

By Aung M T

Thank you much sir! Your explanation about the lectures and also your provided learning resources are literally useful to me a lot. More, this course is a highly recommended one who are will to learn management, the ways how leadership styles work, great lessons from different companies. Hoping those things can be beneficial for my upcoming career. Thank you in advance, Sir!

Best regards,

Aung Myat Thu

By Giorgos K

I really enjoyed the course. Lots of information. The professor knows what he is talking about and he is very interesting to listen. Most of all, I enjoyed the case studies in the end of every module. This course provided me with better insights of the corporate world and what can i do as a manager to make the operations of the company more effective and efficient by making few swift changes.

By Javier B

May 06, 2020

I am always looking for insights about business organization. I enrolled in this course because of it.

My surprise is that Professor Julian Birkinshaw provides a complete framework of analysis in which we can assess both the current situation and the possible evolution of the organization.

The result is precious and gives me a lever to go deeper into how to the performance of an organization.

By TT Y

Jun 07, 2018

Interesting course that helps me understand more about the management models of organizations and its transitions in light of technology and social changes. This awareness is important to help me consciously seek to understand what organization management needs and how we as managers should react and make decisions in a more appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the people, and the future.

By Ricardo S

Jun 14, 2016

Avalio o curso como excelente por seu nível de detalhe nas abordagens tradicionais e alternativas para a gestão de uma empresa hoje com uma visão realista de busca de equilíbrio e sem radicalismos.

O curso traz exemplos reais mostrando a teoria sendo aplicada na prática que permite que você possa se identificar e ter insights de como usar no seu dia dia os conceitos ensinados.

Recomendo!

By Tarama B - D

Jun 08, 2020

this course is indeed a detail course,the notes are clear and interesting.I have learnt so much during the 5 weeks about different companies and how to manage company of the future.I have never done business before but i was able to follow the notes and read slides to complete task.My dream is to be a manager of a company some day .Thanks to Coursera for this course.Excellent course .

By Andrea D M

Jun 09, 2020

Simple yet in-depth course about Management. Although the idea of deconstructing Management into several dimensions isn't new, Prof. Birkinshaw was able to explain every detail of his view on the course's 4 dimensions. From concepts, to examples that back up these concepts, I was able to learn the core ideas of how to Manage. More precisely, how to Manage a Company of the Future.

By Leonard F

Sep 15, 2017

A great course which I would thoroughly recommend all those in managerial/leadership positions to do.

Innovative and flexible so able to learn at your own pace especially in our increasingly busier lives. Most of my learn was do on my commute to work.

J. Birkinshaw is an incredible commuicator/presenter and depth of knowledge on this subject ultimately makes the course what it is

By Chris C

Apr 12, 2020

Great, easy introduction into how work is rapidly changing and how we can prepare for it. Good frameworks on describing the different types of businesses-traditional vs alternative, and details under various aspects of each. Lots of real-world examples. Passionate instructor. The course is similar to a short, perhaps week-long/summer MBA-level course, good value for the time!

By Ibragimova R

Jul 16, 2020

This was an awesome course I have ever taken.The professor's explaination in a simple and clear way through analyzing companies that we are familiar with was an effective shot.Thanks a lot for this opportunity.I learned a lot of interesting things about management and successfully passed this course. Thanks a lot for making it free otherwise I couldnt get a certificate.

By Shane K

I found this course very enlighting. It gave a brief insight into why we manage companies in a predominantly traditional way, the pro's and con's of such systems and what could be possible by exploring the unthinkable.

Thank you to the professor Julian Birkinshaw for presenting the syllabus in such an easy manner. I enjoyed it.

All the best