Back to Managing the Company of the Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Company of the Future by University of London

The aim of the course is to provide you with a comprehensive framework for understanding both the traditional principles of management inside companies today as well as the alternative principles that are becoming increasingly important. It provides both theoretical and practical perspectives on the nature of management in today’s organisations....

KK

May 29, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. Lots of information. The professor knows what he is talking about and he is very interesting to listen. Most of all, I enjoyed the case studies in the end of every module.

Aug 14, 2020

It was a great course which help you to gain knowledge about how to run the company in a good manner and the readings are in a good quality as well as sir. julian birkinshaw was explaining so clearly

51 - 75 of 839 Reviews for Managing the Company of the Future

By Manuelita G V

Jun 14, 2020

Dr. Julian Birkinshaw is just an erudite Professor! I learned a LOT from this course that I can share to my students. The discussions on Traditional and Alternative Principles of Management and the underlying concepts with concrete examples gave me a better perspective on how to manage a company. Bravo! Looking forward to more courses with you. Thank you so much.

By Stella-Maris

Jul 04, 2020

This course helped me understand how to manage the future company. I really enjoyed this course because it was not just theoretical, I found ways of adapting things I've learnt to my current situation where I'm having to manage my colleagues in the present outbreak of a pandemic disease.

Thank you very much Prof. Birkinshaw for such a useful and engaging course!

By Dr. M B

Sep 02, 2019

This is a fantastic program that I have recommended to all lot of friends and will register my senior management team to undertake. I have learnt a lot and broaden my understanding of management, managing teams, creating a new management structure for my business. Thank you London Business School for the program and our facilitator for the brilliant delivery

By ruben g

Jun 11, 2020

Worth every minute! This course has given me perspective on how i can better lead my team by giving them sufficient freedom to manage their own time and deliverables. This course is a step in the right direction on finding the balance between emergence and hierarchy which i believe is the best way on how to bring success to my team and to our organization!

By Brainerd P

May 22, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed doing this course. Julian was an excellent teacher, and his videos were spot on! I have learnt a lot in terms of management models particularly for our times, including our extraordinary Corona times. I think much of what Julian proposes in the hybrid model will actually take off in our post-corona business world. Thanks again. Cheers.

By Mangesh P

It was really a great learning experience.The course has been designed and delivered in a fantastic manner.

The trainer of this course has thorough knowledge and presents the concepts in an effective manner giving apt example.

The course has changed my outlook towards managing thing at workplace.

Thanks a lot coursera and London Business School.

Regards

By SAJIN P S

May 13, 2020

Excellent course offered for middle management and senior level executives. Professor Julian's classes and findings were extremely helpful. We could co-relate the things with our day to day professional life. It has personally helped me to sharpen my management skills.

I would definitely recommend to my colleagues and bosses to take this course.

By Ganda R

Oct 05, 2020

A very relevant topic, and packaged in good and thorough case study. I never imagine an online course can be this comprehensive and enjoyable. Extremely well done in creating this course in such a beautiful way. I recommend this to every manager so they can understand alternative management style and even create another new management style.

By Vikas M

Sep 07, 2017

Fantastic Perspective on managing companies and teams of the future. I found it unique because it focuses on the fundamentals of long term growth and survival ie...optimal organization design and managing principles ...which in today's fast paced business environment are routinely compromised in pursuit of profits. I learned a lot thank you.

By AKHILAJAY K

Sep 27, 2020

The professor has exclusively explained all the details of management in detail .I have learned a lot from this session and it will be extremely useful in my future endevaours .I thank Professor Julian for helping me guide through the various principles of management and also explaining the key concepts which takes place in the organization

By Vella N

May 07, 2020

I would like to say special thank you to professor Julian Birkinshaw who has created an amazing course. I wish there will be more courses and lectures with this amazing professor. Right now, he is the absolute authority to me when it comes to study of management. Also thanks to all the people involved in providing the course. Well done!

By sulagna k

Jun 03, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The content was very relevant and the pace of the lectures was perfect. It definitely changes the mental make-up once one gets done with the course. The case studies are great and make the study even more engaging to go through. The concepts are a must in theses changing business dynamics. Thank you!

By Yanqiong C

Aug 03, 2020

I do enjoy my learning, great thanks to Professor Birkinshaw!He is so honest and critical in analysis the true phenomenon in the traditional companies, I would recommend the management in the companies to his course and also his books, there they can find the right positions and strategies to manage the company and the team better.

By Torsten L

Apr 12, 2020

What a fantastic course with a clear inside of management models. The tutor J Birkinshaw is detailed with examples and precise. The course is easy to follow but challenging. Good supply on information and reading materials. Thank you for the course it's been certainly an eye opener for me in currently working in a Leadership role.

By Renzo P

Jun 07, 2020

So interesting course about how will be transformed the Management in the future. Companies are stucked in the traditional way of management inside of them. So, the Professor show some of the new ways of Coordination, Decision Making, Motivation and Purpose/Goals, moving toward new ways of management of the company of the future.

By Ntombikayise N

Jul 03, 2020

Best course i have taken thus far. The lecturer ensured we understood the work well and more than example was given for each scenario which made it easier to the theory with a perspective on reality.The peer graded assignment also came with great feedback. Thank you to Coursera and London business school for this great course.

By Jerry Y G

The course is refreshing views on how a manager of the future should be acting. While there are still many aspects of traditional culture that can only slowly be changed, a lot can be done now to help the managers of today to inspire and empower their work force, and slowly experiment with better management techniques.

By Ramakrishnan

Sep 11, 2018

Very good course and I highly recommend it. It was much better than I had expected and the instructor had picked really good real world cases (companies that followed unique processes) to illustrate pros & cons of every approach. Most importantly, the instructor was very careful not to be very prescriptive in nature.

By Muhammad A S

Jun 19, 2017

It was great learning experience and first one of its kind for me and has enriched leadership skills specially when we are in Transformation Phase. The portal is highly user friendly and Course was very well designed and delivered on Portal, almost having similar experience as we attend such Courses in Classroom(s)

By Sanjay K N M

Oct 07, 2020

The course " Managing Company of the Future" is well detailed and presented by My Julian. It has given me more insight into ways of changing the traditional model of working in my organisation and transforming to the alternative model which is more acceptable to the new generation and for business excellence.

By Arpit R

Jun 15, 2020

Amazing course and content from Prof. Julian Birkinshaw of London Business School. It takes time but the concepts explained in here are so relevant for today and understanding how our work and management will evolve in the future. I liked the case studies covered in the course and the structure of the course.

By Aman r

This course is excellent, a big thank you to the professor Julian Birkinshaw, it was so much fun learning from them. this course covers everything that a company will need in the near future. this course is strongly recommended. a big thank you to Coursera team too.

Thank you very much, everything is amazing

By Nancy S D

Apr 28, 2020

It was an amazing experience being a part of this course. I will suggest all the management enthusiast to do this course for a better and wide understanding.

Also i would like to thank professor Julian Birkinshaw for providing rich content with real life examples and case studies of the well known companies.

By Federico D

Nov 27, 2016

Very well structured course with videos from the professor as well as clips from important and knowledgeable people in the sector. Overall the course is easy as long as you can follow up with the material each week. Good insight on where management is standing and how it will be changing over the years.

By Konstantinos K

Amazing course! Julian Birkinshaw, the tutor, developed in detail all elements of the course and provided plenty of external resources and links to follow! It was really worth it! Everyone should attend to get a more clear view of what is the future in managing a company. Thank you for this experience!