Back to Managing the Company of the Future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing the Company of the Future by University of London

The aim of the course is to provide you with a comprehensive framework for understanding both the traditional principles of management inside companies today as well as the alternative principles that are becoming increasingly important. It provides both theoretical and practical perspectives on the nature of management in today’s organisations....

KK
May 28, 2016

I really enjoyed the course. Lots of information. The professor knows what he is talking about and he is very interesting to listen. Most of all, I enjoyed the case studies in the end of every module.

Aug 13, 2020

It was a great course which help you to gain knowledge about how to run the company in a good manner and the readings are in a good quality as well as sir. julian birkinshaw was explaining so clearly

26 - 50 of 1,033 Reviews for Managing the Company of the Future

By Daniele C

May 4, 2021

Really good teacher and topics of the course so actual

By Georgios P

May 3, 2021

A very useful course !!

By CESAR C R

Apr 28, 2021

EXCELLENT COURSE

By Md R K

May 10, 2021

I learnt how the business world is changing, how the business model dictates to change the management model and accordingly how the manager's roles are revolving.

Excellent content but not up to date. The content should updated with up-to-date real world examples.

By Simon P

Jan 26, 2021

Reasonable course, but if you work in modern software development, then the ideas of this course are somewhat out of date. The future described here already exists. I was hoping for a more visionary approach, or at least guidance on how to build whats next.

By Salil B

May 15, 2020

I have taken the opportunity offered by the lockdown in Nepal to register for couple of courses on Coursera.Of the courses I am taking or have completed, yours was maybe the most insightful in terms of relating the principles and knowledge to my current organization. Although I work in a traditional organization (a bank), with hierarchies and bureaucracy guiding our daily lives and objectives traditionally set through linear alignment, our working model has drastically changed with the recent change in management.Our targets are still backwards calculated based on the returns (in terms of %) we seek to provide to the shareholders, but the employees, apart from few at the top, do not see that. Our annual budget meets are now highlighted by project teams that focus around areas such as:effective brandingcost rationalizing (not cutting)product development, etc.Annual meets, that were enveloped by each branch’s numbers and performance indicators of target achievement, etc. are now fun. Linear alignment is not at all visible for most of the employees in the bank.

This course has helped me gain insight about the changes that I am seeing in my organization and maybe provide better feedback on the same.

By Rejoice E

Jul 21, 2020

The course gives a clearer picture on how companies should strategize ,manage,lead and create room for creative individuals and emerging technologies who are ready to create new innovations and also sustain the company in the competitive world of business while also making profit and achieving company's set aims and goals through provisions of creating needed products and rendering valuable services to their environs and the world at large.

Thank to Professor Julian Birkinshaw, who made it simple and easier with words,tables and diagrams,these made it easy for one to understand managing the company of the future perfectly.

Thanks to Coursera,The University of London and London Business School for this great opportunity to learn a very powerful and Knowledgeable course.

By Umar P

Nov 27, 2020

At first i was skeptical if this course can be useful to me, but as i continue to watch more video available in this course i encountered many mind blowing information and wisdoms about management models of the past and the future. Despite that, it's really easy to understand and i felt both enthusiasm and warmness of the Instructor. I really appreciate this course (can't say that enough) and even though it's the shortest among the three courses i currently enrolling, this course definitely is my favorite among the three, not to say that the other courses are bad though, on contrary, the three of them are really great. Good job Coursera! and thank you Mr. Birkinshaw!

By Márcio V

Jun 25, 2021

Este Curso foi realmente excelente ! Ótima qualidade do material e da plataforma de ensino. O conteúdo do curso é muito relevante e foi conduzido com maestria e com uma didática singular pelo Prof Julian Birkinshaw, mestre no assunto, sendo autor de livros e muitos artigos para revistas mundialmente renomeadas. Parabéns e Obrigado.

Excellent course in all aspects with high quality material and teaching platform. The course content is very relevant and was conducted with mastery and with a unique didactic by Prof. Julian Birkinshaw, master in the subject, being the author of books and many articles for world renowned magazines. Congratulations and thank you.

By Cathleen C S

Nov 10, 2020

I have an awesome experience learning this course! Julian has crafted his teaching modules well and prepared. I also liked how there was a variety of background while he discussed piece by piece the slides. And what is good about it, we also got to see the slides or at least can download it for our own reference. He also have inserted links or at least shared the ones (websites) that can expand our knowledge and affiliations in relevance to this course. The most part that I love was that he was a natural talker, nothing was seen as scripted, he doesn't appear to be very rigid and knows what to cite as examples for each topic.

By Bhavya B

This course has introduced me to mentor Julian Birkinshawlike. His expertise and immense knowledge in management innovation, strategic agility, making innovation happen has opened a new dimension to reinventing management by connecting with network of visionaries including Gary Hamel, Jeffrey Pfeffer, Ricardo Semler, forums; understanding long-term business success in organizations like Google, W.L. Gore, Whole Foods, Adobe and many more; also dwell deep to understand the learning from failures which few of the organizations had tried. Thank you Julian, University of London, London Business School and Coursera.

By Agnieszka K - K

Jun 25, 2020

A very good and informative course with a great instructor. I really enjoyed all the videos and learnt a lot. The only thing I found a bit annoying is the fact that 50% of the score is a project that is graded by other learners. Maybe it is me but i learn for myself, not the others so I'd rather take an exam to check my knowledge than spend my time answering questions that are than graded by an unknown learner and reading the answers of others. Nevertheless apparently on coursera it is a common practice. Apart from that I am very happy to have taken the course and I highly recommend it!

By DADA O E

Apr 21, 2020

The course Managing the company of the future is well detailed and Management being my course of study, it's has given me more insight to ways of changing the traditional model of management to the Alternative model which is more acceptable to the generation Y. It has reiterated the ways of becoming a better boss and understanding my biases as a manager.

Being a good manager doesn't come naturally, i have to make conscious effort and work very hard to the needful and the expected as a manager, see and do things differently, make out time for works that matter and commit to my plan.

By Aditi A v

Aug 25, 2020

It was really a great and nice exprencie with this because i got more knowledge about MANAGING THE COMPANY OF THE FUTURE ................... Really it was very very great thing and it was my fortune to learn this subject from the foreign university like UNIVERSITY OF LONDON .................. I would like to thank them for giving us a chance of learning and knowing this subject in detail .................. Thank You all for such a great efforts that you all have taken for all of us .......................... Thank You Once Again

By Shaik M K

Jul 13, 2020

It an eye-opener course for me towards business management and entrepreneurship. Thanks to Professor Julian Birkinshaw for an amazing way of teaching. Definitely will always use what you thought in this course in my business life. long live Sir

Also Thank you so much to Coursera team for bringing all these gems to us. Giving us such a well designed, user-friendly platform and wonderful study environment without you it's just can't happen to me. I just feel to keep studying and stay with Coursera by refusing all farewells :)

By Jayendra N B

May 3, 2020

Well explained concepts by Professor Julian Birkinshaw who is a master at his subject. The course is interspersed with thoughtful insights from Prof BIrkinshaw which make it very interesting. However, a word of caution, when you start the course dont allow yourself too much time otherwise you will loose continuity. Senior professionals and those having issues with attention span be sure to complete a section at a time to get reasonable results.

I enjoyed the course and hopefully I will enroll in the next one soon.

By Jason G

Jul 23, 2020

This is an accessible, yet dense course. The language constructs alone to compare the traditional models with contemporary are priceless. There are case studies and specific resources that are abundant and useful for practical reference and application. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to gain a much needed insight into the challenges management is facing today against the tides of disruptive technology, social changes and issues, next generation workers and the like.

By Paola P

Feb 13, 2021

A personal thinking on the topics covered by this course: it opened my mind. I thought my reduced professional enthusiasm depended on my long professional experience. I realized that this is not the case, due to the evolution of the economic world and the organization of work. Work is changing nature not only because of technology but also because of the different life aspirations of workers, not just the Y generations. And I learned that the organizations must take this into account.

By Dr A N V

Jul 18, 2020

Managing the Company of the Future course is very useful. I have learnt Alternative Principles of Management along with small case- lets about companies like IBM,Google, Valve, WL Gore, Oticon, Semco, Happy Limited and about their management process.

Overall, The course proves to be a Great Learning Experience.

I suggest the learners who want to Manage Any Company of the Future to enroll and complete this course as it will provide practical insights to Manage a Company. Thank You.

By Abis H

Great course. I am from technical background and I always thought of myself as having poor managerial skills. This course helped me understand that in many ways I'm already on the right path. In a way this course helped me gain some self-confidence. In addition it showed me some new ways to tackle day to day challenges, not only at work but also in personal life. The same principles that can be applied to managing companies and organizations could also work in private life.

By PB

Jul 2, 2020

I highly recommend this course. The Professor does a splendid job at explaining the material in each module. He makes this course really informative and enjoyable. The course work is really educational and helped me a lot to understand how companies are changing, the different styles of management and the variety of business models that are out there. No matter where you are in organisations, this course will help you be a good manager and a positive visionary for any company.

By MADHUSUDAN K

Oct 14, 2021

Dear Sir,

I am really thankful to the all instructor, my peer friends and Julian Sir who has formulated this course in such interesting way which not only give thought of management concept but also how to implement in our areas through illustrating such case study.

I wish you all the very best and fortunate to be part of this course, which imbibe us so many concept of management .

Once again , I urge to all that pl. continue such nice course and enlightened participant.

By Don L

Jul 6, 2020

Excellent Course!!!

Professor Julian Birkinshaw did a fantastic job of laying out the principles of 'Managing the Company of the Future' in a way that was easy to consume.

I particularly liked the balanced perspective provided between "Traditional and Alternative" Management Models. I enjoyed reading the case studies/ examples that helped bring the principles to life, since I've always been interested in the 'underlying principles' that make things work in the world.

By Julia L

Pleasant exploration of business models and management platforms in transition. Some charming quotidiens on incidences from circumstantial experimentation. Hard to know how to complete course and final may expect a bit too much "by the book" regurgitation for my experienced creative nature. Fun and interesting; nice civilized break from the hell of our world right now with the covid thing. Overall ...a kind of tour de force for management education, in my opinion.

By Mariah L

May 13, 2020

This is a wonderful, thought provoking course with an excellent instructor. Julian Berkinshaw is intelligent, his videos are concise and the overall lesson he provides offers incredible insight into the evolution of the corporate world and useful information for, literally, managing the company of the future. I would recommend this class to anyone in the working world, whether they're interested in business or not. The knowledge it provides is useful for everyone!