Back to Competitive Strategy

Competitive Strategy, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

About this Course

In this six-module course, you will learn how businesses and organizations behave in situations in which strategic decisions are interdependent, i.e. where my actions affect my competitors' profits and vice versa. Using the basic tools of game theory, we will analyse how businesses choose strategies to attain competitive advantage. This course is also available in Chinese. Please go to our course catalog to access the Chinese version of Competitive Strategy....

By AA

Jan 11, 2016

I have no previous business experience and I really enjoyed this class. It gave me insight into game theory and marketing and product development concepts. Good pace and good explanation of topics.

By OO

Jul 23, 2018

I had a great time with Prof. Tobias Kretschmer. The course was really eye-opening for me and gave me a lot of perspective in the business world. Looking forward to the remaining courses for sure.

391 Reviews

By Elaine Seah

May 25, 2019

great learning

By Ashish Kumar

May 19, 2019

Clear & Concise with great content.

By Venkatesh Chowdary Nagandla

May 05, 2019

I highly recommend this course to everyone who are interested in strategic management. The course is well designed with a detailed explanation of study syllabus plus professor is really good and explains each concept with enthusiasm and energy. I thank LMU for providing such high quality education.

By Deleted Account

Apr 30, 2019

Buen curso, correctos planteamientos y agradable y divertido profesor. Quizá demasiado teórico en algunos contenidos.

By Audhesh Kumar Tiwari

Apr 20, 2019

Wonderful experience.

By Shivam Jha

Apr 19, 2019

Brilliant course! The real-life examples are extremely helpful and even complex frameworks and theory is presented in an understandable manner.

By Steve Lin

Apr 10, 2019

This introductory course covers all key aspects of competitive strategy with very useful examples and analyses. It is a good investment for personal growth.

By Tom K

Apr 08, 2019

largely unintelligible

By Patrice Boulet

Apr 05, 2019

Very engaging material with instructive examples and quizzes. Instructor is creative in teaching the material and communicates the material very effectively with dynamism. Would recommend the course to any business person that wants to learn more about strategies to make a product more competitive, game theory, market entry strategies, innovation and product pricing strategies.

By Andreas Kohl

Apr 01, 2019

Good course but very academic. It won't tell you how to act in a company, it explains certain concepts and helps you to understand how business in general works.