Back to Competitive Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Competitive Strategy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

In this six-module course, you will learn how businesses and organizations behave in situations in which strategic decisions are interdependent, i.e. where my actions affect my competitors' profits and vice versa. Using the basic tools of game theory, we will analyse how businesses choose strategies to attain competitive advantage. This course is also available in Chinese. Please go to our course catalog to access the Chinese version of Competitive Strategy....

AA
Jan 10, 2016

I have no previous business experience and I really enjoyed this class. It gave me insight into game theory and marketing and product development concepts. Good pace and good explanation of topics.

OO
Jul 22, 2018

I had a great time with Prof. Tobias Kretschmer. The course was really eye-opening for me and gave me a lot of perspective in the business world. Looking forward to the remaining courses for sure.

601 - 625 of 633 Reviews for Competitive Strategy

Aug 8, 2015

Good.

By Tarunika J

Nov 18, 2020

Good

By Srivani N

Nov 18, 2020

Good

By Maxime B

Aug 27, 2018

Interesting course, well structured, lots of new information (for me), still it remains theoretical and the real life examples are rare such as: in the theory of the course we would do that but in real life no one would do it because of other parameters we do not take into account. That being said I will head up to the advanced competitive strategy course hoping to see real life exemples.

By Franco A M

Aug 29, 2020

It was good but a bit dissapointed because normally consumers are not mainly driven by rational criteria, a thought there were lots of suppositions and assumtions that simply not happen in real life as on the course. On the good side they try to think in the consecuence of the choices you make a business entity and i found that very helpful to analyse the risk and the returns in general.

By Jonathan C H

Mar 4, 2016

So far , very interesting and covers much of the material that was covered in my Strategy Course in my MBA. It has been a delightful course as a refresher and putting more up-to-date examples than when I covered much of this material some time ago. Have another 2.5 weeks to go but I will look for more courses from LMU & Tobias !

By Peter H

Jun 2, 2020

Ein grundsätzlich interessanter und gut gemachter Kurs, der sehr kurzweilig ist. Leider sind die Beispiele und Methoden doch sehr theoretisch, so dass der Transfer in die Praxis fehlt. Dennoch für alle zu empfehlen, die sich mit den wissenschaftlichen Grundlagen von "Competetive Strategy" beschäftigen möchten.

By Bavin M

Mar 6, 2016

Would have rated it 4 if i had received my certificate of accomplishment like i was told at the starting of the course. The course was very informative and explained thoroughly and all but when you put it down on your resume or something its good to have a document backing up the claim.

By Matthieu B

Sep 21, 2015

Good introductory class to the topic. Much time spent on examples. However, each module feels somewhat a bit disconnected from the other ones. A case study or example which would navigate students through all 6 modules would greatly help students remembering it all.

By Mitali K

Dec 13, 2019

It has been good to take up this course. It is a nice one. It was something like learning game principals before simply playing. A very great thanks to you sir

By Derick T

Sep 1, 2015

Not a lot of practice problems and somewhat superficial information.

By Gloria I H

Aug 20, 2020

algunas fallas en la traduccion a español

By Jonathan S

Jun 20, 2017

Es algo confuso la forma de explicarlo

By Jae H C