Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AY
Dec 30, 2020

The course had some ups and downs, but it was a good challenge and I did it! I learned so much and I never knew I could do this kind of course. I have gained so much knowledge now from when I started.

AM
Feb 18, 2020

Apply yourself to these terms and concepts and you will gain knowledge that is presented in a very understandable way. Watch and rewatch the course videos and I promise it will all start making sense!

276 - 300 of 7,488 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Bianca X

Jan 30, 2020

I really like how this course is organized, it provides tons of information and practice quizzes, yet divided them into each section so it is not overwhelming for beginners like me. I really appreciate the quality of the contents for each week, and I am glad to say that I have learned a lot about basic IT after completing this course.

By Miguel A

Aug 18, 2018

Awesome course with some very technical stuff but definitely well worth it if you plan on starting a career in IT. It will require you to seek outside resources to for better understanding similar to a college course where you have to study or read for about an 30 minutes for every 5 minute session; at least that was my experience.

By Rafaela D

Jun 9, 2021

The course is comprehensive, includes students’ success stories, and also challenges misconceptions about the profession. Additionally, the community’s support and inspiration are tremendous. If you are thinking of taking this course, go for it with all your might. Thank you all for the exceptionally fantastic learning experience.

By James F

Nov 2, 2019

This course worked my brain, which is good!

By Pavan K G

Oct 21, 2018

Really superb course for networking basics!

By Matthew V

Aug 30, 2021

If you got here from Course 1, just know this course does not pull punches at all. There is going to be several technical jargon terms thrown at you every video, and you're expected to remember them. I recommend buying a college-ruled notebook and pen, because you are going to have to write a lot down to keep up and remember everything. This is the reason I give the course 4 stars, by trying to minimize the length of the videos, there isn't quite the amount of time a typical student would need to memorize all this material.

By Ryan W

Jun 14, 2021

This networking section does not teach for comprehension. I feel like the topic is too broad for this certification and the lessons resort to teaching you fragments of protocols for you to memorize without any real understanding of how they apply to the real world. I had to do a ton of reading on my own to make connections between the information that was being offered, and even then I found the final test difficult to pass. All this and I have no idea how to configure a router or troubleshoot any kind of connection.

By Christopher D

Jun 9, 2021

This doesn't feel like a class so much as a poorly written technical manual being read out loud. The material begs for a walk-through of a real-life scenario. Too much jargon is introduced before the end-to-end concept is explained clearly and simply. Many of the details need to be added only after the big picture is clear. This should be a lot easier to grasp.

By Ronnie J D

Sep 30, 2021

F​Illed with tons of concepts that you can't really get hands-on experience from, at least not through the Coursera outline. Seeing the same "instructor" reading the script at you is just not engaging, especially when he attempts to be engaging with puns. Hopefully the rest of these courses have more tangible lessons.

By Perrin B

Aug 7, 2021

This course has v​ery difficult material and videos do not cover everything that you are tested on in the quizzes. It says it is a "beginner" course but they do not teach the material as if you are a beginner. Maybe instead of trying to be relatable with the jokes, etc. take the time to explain the material better.

By Bruno M

Jun 24, 2021

I lost count on how many times I fell asleep while watching this module videos, the teaching method is beyond boring, the instructor can't captivate your interest, you can clearly see he's reading what he says in the videos, and I seriously couldn't listen to him anymore, they use the same instructor for the 6 weeks of the course on almost every single video! it really seems like they're more interested in making you memorize everything or quit, than to actually make sure understand it, really not the best way to teach this, didn't enjoy this course at all.

By Monica H

May 21, 2021

The Quiz on Routes and Paths was a joke. Even when I clicked on the correct path and it was highlighted in green, I still received a 0. I tried at least 10 times or more. Went through the chat and I was a given a link to follow for help. I have yet to go to the links. Attempting to follow the links now.

By Evan A

May 4, 2021

The course should have explained better on the IPV6. Should not have to watch an video elsewhere to understand the material.

By Alvir D

Jun 16, 2021

this was probably the most stressful unit yet. when you think you have the right answer, it gives you an error

By Esti N

Jun 6, 2021

It was highly confusing.

The instructor went way way too fast.

By Ali I

May 19, 2021

Worst course in the whole program by far

By Mohammed A M S K

Jun 14, 2021

T​hings are not explained in detail

By Joshua P

Jul 20, 2021

I did not like this course at all

By Elliott H

May 26, 2021

B​ORINGGGGGGGGGGGG

By Oziegbe V E

Jun 24, 2021

I really enjoyed the course, as a beginner somehow i wasn't lost. I had tried learning about computer networking before but it was a bit too difficult so i left it, I guess it was because they just dived right into the complexity. But this course takes you from zero upward. Though I had to watch some videos more than once to understand but that is just the process of learning. I liked the lecturer's geeky jokes to keep one's attention.

By PRAGNYA P P

Sep 21, 2021

I use to struggle with the networking concepts and tried very hard in class to get what the teacher actually meant and now after taking up this course, I feel very confident with the concepts and it is really great that this course started with the basics and it strengthened my foundation and also I have developed a keen interest in networks all credits to the teacher and course. Thank you so much :)

By Aleksandar T

Aug 1, 2021

I absolutely loved the second course of the proffessional certificate. It really made me polish some existing skills and also learn new and exciting things which I can use in the real world. I felt absolutely challenged and enjoyed going through the material and going through the material. My course guide was very thorough, clear and detailed on the reading material and lectures.

By Danny D

Aug 2, 2021

Understading how networking worked was something I never thought about. Now, I think about it when I surf the web or write an email or when I update my list on my phone, and it's on my computer as well. All of the packets being constructed, torn down and reconstructued. Just to see the weather in Tokyo. I learned so many things and how it all works in unison.

By Gregory M

Jul 7, 2021

I learned a LOT from this course and I was offered a job the day of my completion. My new job starts on August 10, 2021 and it involves a LOT of the hardware specs included in this course. I truly hope that more men and WOMEN learn these skill sets. Ladies, you can do this just as well as any man. Don't let your gender keep you from learning this skill.

By Abraham M

Oct 1, 2021

The Google IT Support Specialization course is one big and straight question: Do you wish to work in the IT Support industry?. The answer to the questions, regardless of it, is going through this course. The users will have a clear answer and will be wiser in such way they can make a better decision on their next carrier step. Very well done Google.